9,417 results
All reviews sunset grill il pescatore caribe resort maria's restaurant gran caribe real big mac real resort lobby bar hour snack bar vip lounge ocean view entertainment staff pirate ship main pool kids pool tequila volleyball junior suite
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

All the employees at this resort were pleasant helpful and went above and beyond! I am used to staying in Playa Del Carmen. The rooms were clean and quiet, the beds were hard but thats to be expected unless your at the Hyatt or Ritz. I cant say enough about every employee from desk service to restaurants to housekeeping, I am used to staying at the Ritz and the service was comparable. The pool is small, and they do play a lot of spanish music, I could have gone for a little Jimmy Buffett or anything else. This is a better resort for families, the beach is just a stretch normal water and no problem with chairs. I was pleasantly surprised by Cancun. The water is rough but hey it was a beach.
Tracy

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank tracy g
Matias K, General Manager at Panama Jack Resorts Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Tracy,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest at Panama Jack Resorts Cancun.

We wish to thank you for letting us know that you had an amazing vacation and that you enjoyed the service you were provided throughout your stay.

We hope to host you again during your future visits to Cancun.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Panama Jack rocked it again. What a wonderful experience. Just returned from a “Girls Only” trip to this resort, (October 28 to November 3, 2018) this was my 6th time at this resort in the last 4 years. It just gets better. Although there is still some construction throughout the resort, I think the improvements are worth the little inconveniences. Our room was perfect, lagoon view, plenty of room for 3 girls and always cleaned to perfection. Mini-fridge was always well stocked. Thank you, housekeeping staff. The food, the drinks, the staff, all above expectations. We were given VIP access as return guests and Jose in the VIP lounge was just so pleasant. Gabriela and Sabina are so good at their job. You will not find a more professional or courteous concierge staff anywhere else. Gabriela was always so quick to answer emails before our arrival. The entire staff goes above and beyond. Although I was a little disappointed that the Mexican restaurant was under renovation, we enjoyed our dinners at Viaggo and were impressed with service and cuisine. David, the captain, was always checking to make sure everything was to our liking. My friend Luis is an exceptional waiter and always had my tequila ready as soon as I sat down! We had a special Mexican dinner at Viaggo and our Chef Luis did a fantastic job. Buffet was great every day for breakfast and lunch. Excellent variety of dishes to choose from. I can’t imagine anyone going hungry here. We came to experience the “Dia de los Muertos” holiday, as 2 of our fellow travelers have never experienced this. We were fortunate enough to get to judge the altars and learn even more about the amazing Mexican traditions. We had a great time with this, thanks to the fantastic entertainment staff. Special shout out to Sara, Roger and Roberto. The entertainment staff is wonderful. You guys are too much fun! Although the beach bar was closed for renovation, we certainly weren’t thirsty. Big Mac, Daniel and all the amazing beach/pool waiters and waitresses kept our glasses full! Lots of fun times around the pool and surprisingly, plenty of loungers and umbrellas. We enjoyed the beach and both pools. A little something extra… The baby turtles were amazing. Even though we did not get to release them, we did watch the staff dig up the nests. What a great thing to witness. As always, I can’t say enough good things about this resort and its staff. We love it here for so many reasons. Location, rooms, food, staff all wonderful. The public areas are well maintained, always clean. I was happy to see bar stools added at "Jack's Landing" lobby bar. I do like to sit there for a drink before dinner. I have been to Cancun 25+ times, visited at least 6 other resorts. Panama Jack is by far my favorite. And one last thing… Thank you to the very sweet young lady at the Coffee Bar. She was very pleasant and made a great vanilla iced coffee. Do not hesitate to stay at this resort. It does not disappoint. Until next time Panama Jack… hasta luego.

Room tip: If you don't like the blazing sun in the morning, choose a lagoon view room. The sunsets are exceptional.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank caribbeandreamer124

Dear caribbeandreamer124,

It is very reassuring to read comments like yours, which confirm that we are truly living up to the commitment of providing our guests with worry-free vacations. Our staff is dedicated to make sure each and every of our guests leaves with great experience and memories to cherish.

Thank you for your preference, it surely will be an enormous pleasure to host you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I came here with my family (husband, kids, mother, father, sister) and had a fabulous time! My only suggestion is for the gift shop to take care with converting dollars. Otherwise, we love the service, the friendly staff, the food, the drinks, the kiddie areas, the live entertainment, the activities, we loved it all! There were some construction going on around the beach and dining areas, it was totally out of our way and didn't stop us from enjoying our time there. I'm looking forward to seeing what they end up having there after all of that work.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Debutante24

Dear Debutante24,

Thank you for being our guest, and for sharing your comments with us.

We are delighted your stay was an excellent experience overall, and that you got to enjoy the food, drinks, entertainment and activities, and most important, excellent service provided by our staff.

hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a week, enjoyed every minute, the pool, the gorgeous beach, the restaurants and activities at the hotel. The Viaggio restaurant, served by an Italian menu at the head of the team David the waiter Angel Cook Lewis and the host Milka and of course the amazing and charming entertainment team - we love you Benjamin, we will definitely be happy to come back again

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hanita2016

Dear hanita2016,

Thank you for your preference and for your kind review. It was a pleasure to welcome you at Panama Jack Resorts Cancún. It is very rewarding to know how much you enjoyed your recent stay. Our aim is to go beyond your expectations and we are content to find out that we are achieving it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to have the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great time at Panama Jacks, they made our trip so enjoyable. They were helpful and polite. We had a few problems with one of our tours and PJ helped us find a different way to get to our excursion...the THRIFTY car rental place in the hotel was very frustrating because they didn’t open on time and closed early so we didn’t get the chance to return the car on time or get gas for the car and they charged us more than the rental to refuel the car....worst service I have ever had with a car rental company...back to Panama Jack, the rooms are clean and well kept, the staff is always looking for ways to help you, food is good (especially the Italian place, ask for Louise, and the Mexican restaurant, ask for Hipólito he was the best server!) They are free flowing with the bar, always offering you a drink...try the Mayan liquor and the Mayan coffee at the restaurant...so good! The beach is beautiful and clean with the softest sand I have ever been on. The pools are nice but we didn’t use than, I mean you have the ocean right there. They also have entertainment at night that’s good for all ages. There is a kids water park too. We would stay again and recommend anyone to stay here. and polite. We had a few problems with one of our tours and PJ helped us find a different way to get to our excursion...the THRIFTY car rental place in the hotel was very frustrating because they didn’t open on time and closed early so we didn’t get the chance to return the car on time or get gas for the car and they charged us more than the rental to refuel the car....worst service I have ever had with a car rental company...back to Panama Jack, the rooms are clean and well kept, the staff is always looking for ways to help you, food is good (especially the Italian place, ask for Louise, and the Mexican restaurant, ask for Hipólito he was the best server!) They are free flowing with the bar, always offering you a drink...try the Mayan liquor and the Mayan coffee at the restaurant...so good! The beach is beautiful and clean with the softest sand I have ever been on. The pools are nice but we didn’t use than, I mean you have the ocean right there. They also have entertainment at night that’s good for all ages. There is a kids water park too. We would stay again and recommend anyone to stay here.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary S

Dear Mary,

Allow us to express our appreciation for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay Panama Jack Resorts Cancun. We are honored to have been your hosts and we are glad to read that your overall experience was very enjoyable. We take pride in being able to provide our guests with memorable experiences and a genuine caring service.

Thank you again for your kind comments, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.