“Second time back in 6 months! AWESOME!”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #5 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My wife and I just returned from our 2nd visit to LIVE AQUA. We visited in September of 2011 for 4 nights. We were concerned that things might not be as good since we booked at the height of spring break for this visit. No worries, it was even better. They have expanded their dining choices and the food is just as wonderful.

My wife and I travel extensively and we have yet to find an all-inclusive that compares to this resort. The staff is wonderful and really wants to please. TIP: Even though tipping is not expected, these people bend over backwards for you.... so for goodness sake... give the guy a tip and you will make their day. We always carried a few ones and fives with us. It is amzing what pocket change can do for you.

Food is amazing. If you can find anything to complain about, then I really question if anything can make you happy. The wine was also good, chilean and tasty.

This year our room had a terrace which was awesome. It was totally private and much larger than the oceanfront balconies. Room is extremely clean and well attended to daily. Turndown service includes aromatherapy...nice touch.

Both my wife and I had two 90-minute massages each during our stay. They were fantastic and both of us commented that were aren't sure that we have experienced any better in the states. TIP: Try the hot stone massage!

We will be back. See you in the fall LIVE AQUA!

Room Tip: Pick the Terrace rooms!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kevin L
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you very much for being our returning guest, there is nothing more rewarding for us than knowing that the experience of your previous vacation made you want to be back to Live Aqua Cancun. We were very pleased to learn that all the elements of perfect vacation were present during your visit: the food, dinning options, the spa and the excellent service.

We all are looking forward to your visit this fall!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I went to Live Aqua with my girlfriend this past year and I still dream of going back. It was the best and most relaxing vacation we have ever had. When we arrived, they took our bags and we were escorted to couches in the lobby where we were served tea and given hand massages while they checked us in. Talk about an easy check in! Our room was spotless, our view looked like a photograph, and our mini fridge stocked with water, beer, juices, chocolate bars, chocolate milk, and candy. ALL of which was included on the all-inclusive. The man who showed us to our room also mentioned the "your wish is my wish" button on the phone. We could call and ask for anything you wanted - an extra meal after dinner, bottles of water, or for your fridge to be stocked with all beer and choclate bars. (We only had to use this button once for room service because everything we wanted was right at our finger tips) We were then given a tour of the 5 floor lounge. If you book a room on the 5th floor, you automatically get access to the lounge where they have snacks, appetizers, and cocktails from morning to night. You could just hang out there and watch TV or you can actually eat dinner in there.

The pools were all pretty and clean. We stayed at the main pool the whole time. They have this area thats about 6inches under water so you can tan but stay cool bc you're still in the water. They had a pool with a swim up bar but our server was so attentive, we got drinks whenever we needed. Since its all included, I suggest you try all of their frozen drinks.

Now for the food- We heard MB was the best and always crowded so we made sure we went there the first night. I wouldnt say it was bad but it was way too fancy for my liking. appetizer- a slice of brie with cucumber salsa and rasberry drizzle; entree - quail with carrots and sweet potato gnocchi. If you're used to finer restaurants, this may be the one for you. We went to Siete every morning for breakfast. It was buffet style and great. Anything you could want and it was all fresh. For lunch we always ordered poolside - burgers, nachos, quesadillas. Dinner we had at Azur- make sure you go suring sunset, its a gorgeous view over the ocean. Siete was mostly finer mexican cuisine. Tortilla soup was out of this world! I cant find anything like it at home. The last night we stayed in and ordered room service. The great thing is, you can ordered however much you want, whenever you want. (We would always order an appetizer before we showered and it arrived as soon as we got out- little snack to hold us over while we got ready)

On the last day we took advantage of the spa and both got hour long swedish massages. Never had a better massage in my life. they take you to the suana, a warm pool, cold pool, then to the massaging table for an hour of pure bliss.

The bars were very modern and classy. You can tell this place is not a party resort because the bars closed at midnight. We didnt really care because we wanted to relax and wake up early for the pool everyday. Plus we had some drinks in our room if we wanted. Since there wasnt really a nightlife at the resort, we ventured off the last night. We took a bus to downtown and went to coco bongo and senor frogs and a couple other bars. They were all filled with tons of people just wanting to have fun. We did feel really sick the next day though because we didnt even think about the ice from the bars. Live Aqua's water is all filtered and purified but off the resort you need to be really careful.

Reading some reviews, I was skeptical in regards to "hearing everything going on in the halls" which we didnt but I guess that depends on your room location... and also heard that "the service was horrible" The service at the restaurants was great, they were on top of EVERYTHING. Our server at the pool was so funny and attentive. We tipped him like 20 pesos (about $5) our first set of drink and he always made sure we were ok.

All in all, absolutely amazing trip. Beautiful, beautiful weather. Would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in Cancun!

Room Tip: choose a 5th floor room so you can have access to the 5th floor lounge
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I just returned from Live Aqua! We loved it! We left two small children at home with grandparents, so it was the most relaxing time! The hotel was great! The staff was phenomenal! My husband asked the bartender, Limberg, for guava juice. The very next morning he was there at the pool ready with fresh guava. He had gone to the market after work for us! All of the waitstaff was very friendly and helpful! Juan and Jesus were great waiters too! I would recommend bringing small bills for tips.....the daily wage for waitstaff is really low....they work hard for their tips. Our drinks were never empty. The guacamole was so good at the pool! My hour and loved the hotdog and hamburger grill by the pool that they set up every afternoon. The beach restaurant was great for lunch....great shrimp! The pools were peaceful and quiet!!! Overall, VERY RELAXING!!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank R B
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Live Aqua from 3/31/12-04/07/12. This is our second trip to Cancun. The last time we stayed at Live Aqua's sister hotel, Fiesta Americana Condessa (see review). We absolutely loved Live Aqua! Expedia had a great deal for an Aqua Club room, which is worth it if you can get a deal. We also got a $100 Expedia MC gift card from Expedia for booking the trip with them. On our arrival, since we were staying at the Aqua Club level, we were whisked away to check in on the fifth floor while everyone waited in line in the Lobby. Remember, if you book an Aqua Club room that you don't wait in line in the lobby! We sat in the Aqua Club lounge and were served drinks while an Aqua Club rep told us all about the hotel and the restaurants. We had a short, non-aggressive time share pitch for the Fiesta Americana residences and went to get something to eat. We booked a room with 2 double beds because the Expedia deal was so good but would have preferred a King bed. Guess what? We were offered a king bed. The room had large bathrooms and the same beautiful tile running through the whole resort and a large balcony with an ocean view. Just remember that it's either a King bed or two double beds. A king bed is NOT gauranteed. When you get there just ask for a king bed if you want one. If they have it they will give it to you. If you want a gauranteed king bed then you have to book a suite. The suites come with cabanas but I didn't think it was worth it. There were plenty of seats by the beach. The pool fills up quicker. You need to reserve your seats by 8 AM. Please, if you reserve seats by the beach or pool, SHOW UP! Someone held 2 seats next to us by the beach and NEVER showed up. This is very inconsiderate, show some courtesy! The food was fine and ate in pretty much every restaurant. The service was excellent and the resort was spotless. The Live Aqua employees are very impressive. For example, If they are in an elevator with you, they will, with a smile, always ask how you are doing and how your stay is. Having it adults only made a huge difference from our last trip. It was so quiet, I took two naps in one day while on the beach! People were enjoying the pools quietly and some were reading from their ipads while in the pool! I would like to mention Michel and Sandra in the Aqua Club Lounge. They are the best! Michel makes the best drinks (top shelf liquor in the Club) and Sandra takes care of the people staying in the Aqua Club rooms. The Aqua Club has hot snacks starting at 5 PM and a continental breakfast in the morning. One side has a glass wall of windows over looking the ocean and the other has a large deck that over looks the bay. Great for watching sunsets. Sometimes my wife and I were the only ones around. You really did not feel crowded at all. I did not think that the aroma therapy was a big deal. Do not hesitate to go to Cancun and definitely don't hesitate to book your trip to the Live Aqua. You will have the most relaxing vacation ever!

Room Tip: If you can get a deal on an Aqua Club level room then book that. Otherwise, it's $100 a day, an...
5  Thank Jellyd
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed here March 21-28. I took some notes on things while we were there. Hopefully this will help some other people to choose this great resort. Check went smooth, although rooms weren't ready. We were there at 11am. They kept our luggage, we changed into our swimsuits and started our vacation. Got our room by 4 and they said our luggage would be brought up right away. 45min. later we went down and brought our own luggage up. OH well, we were having fun by then and it didn't put a damper on the day. Just wanted to let people know. If you go to get your rooms and see your luggage sitting there, just go get it yourself and take it with you. They could give more instructions when you check in as far as telling you where things are located. We had to figure that out ourselves.
Rooms:
Our rooms was perfect. Booked oceanfront through Apple and we landed on the 8th floor, right in the middle Rm#8010. Had a gorgeous view. Couldn't have picked a better room.
Beds were very comfy, many pillows to pick from and lots of space to put away your stuff. Large closet for hanging and way more drawer space than you need. Bathroom was nice and big with shower and seperate tub. Lots of shelf space in there to put all your bathroom stuff on. People complain about the noice in the hallways, but we didn't notice anything extreme. Always slept very good. We had problems with them taking our towels, but then not restocking them. So I would suggest to them is how many your take out, please replace with clean ones. Also, when a guest leaves their balcony door open, the maid service should not shut them.
Pools:
Many pools to pick from. All of them heated to different temps. They were wonderful. Very clean. We did put something on the chairs by 7 each morning when we went for our walks. We like to have some shade, especially in the afternoon, so we were always trying to pick chairs with the umbrellas on the right side of them, so you could have some shade in the afternoon. It could be difficult to find. We actually had a guy move our chairs when we went and grabbed something to eat. We were gone at most 1/2 hr and he moved all of our stuff from around our chairs and our chairs, so he could put his chair under our umbrella. I had been sitting there since 9 that morning and this was about 1:00 when we went. Unbelievable. And he didn't make any move to change or say anything when we came back. Just kept sitting there. At that point, I did have a hard time finding anything else with shade and had to actually move to the other side of the resort. There is music playing outside that you can hear at most of the pool area. Nothing too distracting, just good music. That was nice. The do have a swimup bar, set apart from the main pool, but not bad. And the outdoor restrooms are right behind the bar and then over on the other side by the Azur restaurant.
Poolside service was spotty. There bars are so far apart, it took a long time to get your drinks. We did bring our 20oz bubba kegs along. That worked out great. Beer would get warm very fast and drinks were have melted before we could get them. They could actually use another bar setup up in the middle by the pool area. Drinks were not the best. Never knew what you were going to get and most of them were watered down pop and very light on the liquor. Don't mind about the liquor, but watered down pop is not good.
Food:
Food was fantastic. We have previously stayed 4 times at a Palace Resort and Live Aqua's food is by far the best. Everything we had was wonderful. Chicken Nachos, burger/fries for pool food was very good. Ate at all of the restaurants, except the steak one you have to pay for now. Not going to do that. MB at fabulous steaks if you ask them about it. I will post a picture of that. Siete we ate at 3 or 4 times. Did breakfast and supper there. Always had something good on the buffet, making up your own pasta dish was very good. Azur we would eat there for lunch and had some good beef tacos there. We did room service a few times and it never took long to get our food.
Resort:
They have a swing bar down on the beach, but honestly the chairs were so high up, I couldn't even get in them. They need to be lowered to comfortably sit in them. They have nice showers to use on both ends coming up from the beach area.
The grounds on the resort are beautiful. Everything is very clean here, the only thing I have a big complaint about is the smell in the lobby and pool lobby area. It STINKS. I think they could do away with that smell at any time. They do have 5 computers for people to use for internet that is included. I always had great connection with them, so you don't even have to bring along a laptop if you don't want to.
They did have some conventions when we were there, and honestly, that does take away from some of the romantic atmosphere. They are always setting up huge outside dinners/breakfasts for these people and a few nights there they had bands playing for them. This made it difficult getting to the Azur restaurant or bar, because that area was all taken up with their tables and food. It also took alot away during the daytime, too, because workers were always going around the pool area, setting everything up.
This is also right across from the La Isla Mall, so that was very convenient for strolling over there to shop. That is one thing that Aqua could improve on is there gift shop. Not even worth walking into. I hope they expand on that in the future.
Overall, this is an absolutely wonderful resort. We would not hesitate to stay here again. In fact, I know we will again.

Room Tip: Just pick oceanfront and you shouldn't have a problem.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank beachboysbabe
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Comments: We just returned April 8th. We really enjoyed the resort. Very relaxing, great food, wonderful atmosphere, pools excellent. The beach was so beautiful and close to the resort.
Tips: The first day we didn't tip because we didn't know the protocol. Our service was not very good. Then we noticed people were tipping, and after we began tipping, service got better. We did feel they were a little understaffed, but maybe this was due to it being Easter weekend. If you pay extra for a cabanna, you will get much better service on the beach. Put anything you value in the safe that is in your room. I did have my ear rings taken by the cleaning staff. I had left them on the bathroom counter.

2  Thank Angela M
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Gosh, I just came back a day from the trip with my husband and already plan to coming back next year. It was just really nice!! I love the location, 20 mins from the aiport and also, it's nice to stroll around in the evening at the outdoor mall across the hotel. The food was excellent, very recommended to dine at Azur and MB, definitely 5 star quality and you don't need to make any reservation ahead. The infinity pool is gorgeous. The staff at the pool loaded us with drinks and food, all you do is just ask. However, I have 2 complaints. The first, as we stayed in a garden room view which was located in the lower level, I was awoken couple times by people talking loud in the hallway. Next time maybe will be worthy to stay in the higher level. Secondly, was the staff at Siete. We arrived arround 1:30 pm and by the time we headed to Siete for lunch buffett, nobody seated us or even looked at us. They all busy cleaning other tables. Not until we asked for drinks, they wouldn't even acknowledged us. Unfortunately, it happened the same thing in the morning. We got to the Siete a couple minutes (they open at 6:30 am) before they opened so we waited outside the restaurant. My husband who had just took insulin shot need to eat right away so he asked the host lady if he can just grab a piece of bread while we were waiting. She let him, however as soon as she finished talking to my husband, there was another couple who just walked in and got seated in front of us!! So this host lady only let my husband grabbed a piece of bread and then seated the other couple in the same time! We were dumbfolded and got a table for ourselves. We were so annoyed by the host lady (the same lady who was in charge in the afternoon). My husband called and complaining to her. Originally, I didn't want to take a part of it but I become sooo annoyed by her. She gave us the attitude and didn't feel wrong at all for what she did, Finally, she said sorry and we ended it. Thanks to better dining options, MB and Azur, and other ammenities, this incident won't cause us for not for coming back!

1  Thank devonflash