“Relax,Relax,Relax!!!!”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #3 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 5 days at Live Aqua and each day was perfect. My boyfriend is a picky eater and never had a bad meal. The food was fantastic. The service was outstanding. When we arrived our A/C was not working or the in room safe. At midnight they had a repair person to us within 10 minutes to investigate the problem. They fixed the safe and attempted the A/C but had no problem moving us to a new room. You do have to get up early to reserve chairs with umbrellas but you will be happy that you did by midday. We will definately be returning to Live Aqua.

Room Tip: Request Oceanview. Garden view had us looking at the back of the restaurant and the A/C was not wor...
3  Thank Sharon T
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your review, it's our pleasure to know that Live Aqua Cancun met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service.

We are looking forward of having the honor of being your hosts again.

Warmest regards.

There are newer reviews for Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed 5 days in early April. Read a ton of reviews on multiple sites prior to booking so knew what to expect. Everything you read is pretty accurate. We booked the Aqua Club ocean front balcony room on the 5th floor with access to Aqua Club Lounge. Totally not worth the money. We used the lounge one time to meet up with the other couples we were traveling with. There were limited appetizers there that we nibbled on. Nothing to make you pay the extra money for. Most of the time they were unable to make the drinks we asked for. When asking for vodka/cranberry juice, we got either apple juice or iced tea? The private check in and check out was nice, but again, not worth the money.

Marble floors in rooms and hallways. Very, very loud as everyone states. Staff pushing service carts at all hours of the night with no regard for guests sleeping.

Houskeeping was hit or miss. Had to find a staff member on multiple occasions to ask for towels and soap. Rooms are small but views breathtaking. Bathroom very small and tight fit for 2. We previously stayed at the Royal and their rooms were fabulous.

Need more variety with food options. Limited to 3 restaurants. Siete was very good for breakfast every morning. Great way to start the day. MB was horrible and overrated. Limited menu. We almost walked out. Food was terrible. Azur was good the night they offered the fixed menu. Other evenings it had limited options. The cevicheria open from noon to 4 was terrific and highly recommended. We used our food credit to dine at La Kech our last evening. It's $60 per person. We had the best meal of our stay there, but unfortunately had to pay for it. Surf and Turf, romantic atmoshphere and BIG portions.

Pool bars and beach bar close at 5:30. Very early for a resort. Most of the guests were just making their way up from the beautiful beach to end their day at the pools and the bars/service were shutting down.

Pools are terrific. All different temperatures as stated. Beach is as you expect in Cancun - beautiful and turquoise water. Undertow was strong but lifeguards were on duty.

Resort is very quiet in the evenings. Egos bar was only busy after 10 and it is more of a lounge, not nightclub. Definitely have to leave the resort if you are looking for more party-like atmosphere.

We never had a problem finding a chair on the beach or near pool our first 4 days. On Friday (day of departure) the resort was noticeably more crowded and chairs reserved early. Hard to find a spot.

Overall, I would recommend Live Aqua for a relaxing experience, however, you can most likely find similar high end resorts at the same or cheaper prices on various sites that offer more.

The couples we were with highly recommended the spa. My husband said it was one of the best massages he has ever had.

Room Tip: 4th floor or above. Book ocean front if you can. Aqua Club overrated and not worth the money.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Allow me to extend my sincere apology if we were unable to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.

At Live Aqua Cancun we are trying to provide the best experience on the quality of the service and the food and we will enforce our standards in order to keep our highest levels. I assure you that our main purpose is the comfort and satisfaction of our guest, there is nothing more important for us than make you feel as home.

Thank you again for your valuable review and recommendations, please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 April 2012

My wife and I just returned from our 2nd visit to LIVE AQUA. We visited in September of 2011 for 4 nights. We were concerned that things might not be as good since we booked at the height of spring break for this visit. No worries, it was even better. They have expanded their dining choices and the food is just as wonderful.

My wife and I travel extensively and we have yet to find an all-inclusive that compares to this resort. The staff is wonderful and really wants to please. TIP: Even though tipping is not expected, these people bend over backwards for you.... so for goodness sake... give the guy a tip and you will make their day. We always carried a few ones and fives with us. It is amzing what pocket change can do for you.

Food is amazing. If you can find anything to complain about, then I really question if anything can make you happy. The wine was also good, chilean and tasty.

This year our room had a terrace which was awesome. It was totally private and much larger than the oceanfront balconies. Room is extremely clean and well attended to daily. Turndown service includes aromatherapy...nice touch.

Both my wife and I had two 90-minute massages each during our stay. They were fantastic and both of us commented that were aren't sure that we have experienced any better in the states. TIP: Try the hot stone massage!

We will be back. See you in the fall LIVE AQUA!

Room Tip: Pick the Terrace rooms!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kevin L

Thank you very much for being our returning guest, there is nothing more rewarding for us than knowing that the experience of your previous vacation made you want to be back to Live Aqua Cancun. We were very pleased to learn that all the elements of perfect vacation were present during your visit: the food, dinning options, the spa and the excellent service.

We all are looking forward to your visit this fall!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I went to Live Aqua with my girlfriend this past year and I still dream of going back. It was the best and most relaxing vacation we have ever had. When we arrived, they took our bags and we were escorted to couches in the lobby where we were served tea and given hand massages while they checked us in. Talk about an easy check in! Our room was spotless, our view looked like a photograph, and our mini fridge stocked with water, beer, juices, chocolate bars, chocolate milk, and candy. ALL of which was included on the all-inclusive. The man who showed us to our room also mentioned the "your wish is my wish" button on the phone. We could call and ask for anything you wanted - an extra meal after dinner, bottles of water, or for your fridge to be stocked with all beer and choclate bars. (We only had to use this button once for room service because everything we wanted was right at our finger tips) We were then given a tour of the 5 floor lounge. If you book a room on the 5th floor, you automatically get access to the lounge where they have snacks, appetizers, and cocktails from morning to night. You could just hang out there and watch TV or you can actually eat dinner in there.

The pools were all pretty and clean. We stayed at the main pool the whole time. They have this area thats about 6inches under water so you can tan but stay cool bc you're still in the water. They had a pool with a swim up bar but our server was so attentive, we got drinks whenever we needed. Since its all included, I suggest you try all of their frozen drinks.

Now for the food- We heard MB was the best and always crowded so we made sure we went there the first night. I wouldnt say it was bad but it was way too fancy for my liking. appetizer- a slice of brie with cucumber salsa and rasberry drizzle; entree - quail with carrots and sweet potato gnocchi. If you're used to finer restaurants, this may be the one for you. We went to Siete every morning for breakfast. It was buffet style and great. Anything you could want and it was all fresh. For lunch we always ordered poolside - burgers, nachos, quesadillas. Dinner we had at Azur- make sure you go suring sunset, its a gorgeous view over the ocean. Siete was mostly finer mexican cuisine. Tortilla soup was out of this world! I cant find anything like it at home. The last night we stayed in and ordered room service. The great thing is, you can ordered however much you want, whenever you want. (We would always order an appetizer before we showered and it arrived as soon as we got out- little snack to hold us over while we got ready)

On the last day we took advantage of the spa and both got hour long swedish massages. Never had a better massage in my life. they take you to the suana, a warm pool, cold pool, then to the massaging table for an hour of pure bliss.

The bars were very modern and classy. You can tell this place is not a party resort because the bars closed at midnight. We didnt really care because we wanted to relax and wake up early for the pool everyday. Plus we had some drinks in our room if we wanted. Since there wasnt really a nightlife at the resort, we ventured off the last night. We took a bus to downtown and went to coco bongo and senor frogs and a couple other bars. They were all filled with tons of people just wanting to have fun. We did feel really sick the next day though because we didnt even think about the ice from the bars. Live Aqua's water is all filtered and purified but off the resort you need to be really careful.

Reading some reviews, I was skeptical in regards to "hearing everything going on in the halls" which we didnt but I guess that depends on your room location... and also heard that "the service was horrible" The service at the restaurants was great, they were on top of EVERYTHING. Our server at the pool was so funny and attentive. We tipped him like 20 pesos (about $5) our first set of drink and he always made sure we were ok.

All in all, absolutely amazing trip. Beautiful, beautiful weather. Would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in Cancun!

Room Tip: choose a 5th floor room so you can have access to the 5th floor lounge
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I just returned from Live Aqua! We loved it! We left two small children at home with grandparents, so it was the most relaxing time! The hotel was great! The staff was phenomenal! My husband asked the bartender, Limberg, for guava juice. The very next morning he was there at the pool ready with fresh guava. He had gone to the market after work for us! All of the waitstaff was very friendly and helpful! Juan and Jesus were great waiters too! I would recommend bringing small bills for tips.....the daily wage for waitstaff is really low....they work hard for their tips. Our drinks were never empty. The guacamole was so good at the pool! My hour and loved the hotdog and hamburger grill by the pool that they set up every afternoon. The beach restaurant was great for lunch....great shrimp! The pools were peaceful and quiet!!! Overall, VERY RELAXING!!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank R B
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Live Aqua from 3/31/12-04/07/12. This is our second trip to Cancun. The last time we stayed at Live Aqua's sister hotel, Fiesta Americana Condessa (see review). We absolutely loved Live Aqua! Expedia had a great deal for an Aqua Club room, which is worth it if you can get a deal. We also got a $100 Expedia MC gift card from Expedia for booking the trip with them. On our arrival, since we were staying at the Aqua Club level, we were whisked away to check in on the fifth floor while everyone waited in line in the Lobby. Remember, if you book an Aqua Club room that you don't wait in line in the lobby! We sat in the Aqua Club lounge and were served drinks while an Aqua Club rep told us all about the hotel and the restaurants. We had a short, non-aggressive time share pitch for the Fiesta Americana residences and went to get something to eat. We booked a room with 2 double beds because the Expedia deal was so good but would have preferred a King bed. Guess what? We were offered a king bed. The room had large bathrooms and the same beautiful tile running through the whole resort and a large balcony with an ocean view. Just remember that it's either a King bed or two double beds. A king bed is NOT gauranteed. When you get there just ask for a king bed if you want one. If they have it they will give it to you. If you want a gauranteed king bed then you have to book a suite. The suites come with cabanas but I didn't think it was worth it. There were plenty of seats by the beach. The pool fills up quicker. You need to reserve your seats by 8 AM. Please, if you reserve seats by the beach or pool, SHOW UP! Someone held 2 seats next to us by the beach and NEVER showed up. This is very inconsiderate, show some courtesy! The food was fine and ate in pretty much every restaurant. The service was excellent and the resort was spotless. The Live Aqua employees are very impressive. For example, If they are in an elevator with you, they will, with a smile, always ask how you are doing and how your stay is. Having it adults only made a huge difference from our last trip. It was so quiet, I took two naps in one day while on the beach! People were enjoying the pools quietly and some were reading from their ipads while in the pool! I would like to mention Michel and Sandra in the Aqua Club Lounge. They are the best! Michel makes the best drinks (top shelf liquor in the Club) and Sandra takes care of the people staying in the Aqua Club rooms. The Aqua Club has hot snacks starting at 5 PM and a continental breakfast in the morning. One side has a glass wall of windows over looking the ocean and the other has a large deck that over looks the bay. Great for watching sunsets. Sometimes my wife and I were the only ones around. You really did not feel crowded at all. I did not think that the aroma therapy was a big deal. Do not hesitate to go to Cancun and definitely don't hesitate to book your trip to the Live Aqua. You will have the most relaxing vacation ever!

Room Tip: If you can get a deal on an Aqua Club level room then book that. Otherwise, it's $100 a day, an...
5  Thank Jellyd
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed here March 21-28. I took some notes on things while we were there. Hopefully this will help some other people to choose this great resort. Check went smooth, although rooms weren't ready. We were there at 11am. They kept our luggage, we changed into our swimsuits and started our vacation. Got our room by 4 and they said our luggage would be brought up right away. 45min. later we went down and brought our own luggage up. OH well, we were having fun by then and it didn't put a damper on the day. Just wanted to let people know. If you go to get your rooms and see your luggage sitting there, just go get it yourself and take it with you. They could give more instructions when you check in as far as telling you where things are located. We had to figure that out ourselves.
Rooms:
Our rooms was perfect. Booked oceanfront through Apple and we landed on the 8th floor, right in the middle Rm#8010. Had a gorgeous view. Couldn't have picked a better room.
Beds were very comfy, many pillows to pick from and lots of space to put away your stuff. Large closet for hanging and way more drawer space than you need. Bathroom was nice and big with shower and seperate tub. Lots of shelf space in there to put all your bathroom stuff on. People complain about the noice in the hallways, but we didn't notice anything extreme. Always slept very good. We had problems with them taking our towels, but then not restocking them. So I would suggest to them is how many your take out, please replace with clean ones. Also, when a guest leaves their balcony door open, the maid service should not shut them.
Pools:
Many pools to pick from. All of them heated to different temps. They were wonderful. Very clean. We did put something on the chairs by 7 each morning when we went for our walks. We like to have some shade, especially in the afternoon, so we were always trying to pick chairs with the umbrellas on the right side of them, so you could have some shade in the afternoon. It could be difficult to find. We actually had a guy move our chairs when we went and grabbed something to eat. We were gone at most 1/2 hr and he moved all of our stuff from around our chairs and our chairs, so he could put his chair under our umbrella. I had been sitting there since 9 that morning and this was about 1:00 when we went. Unbelievable. And he didn't make any move to change or say anything when we came back. Just kept sitting there. At that point, I did have a hard time finding anything else with shade and had to actually move to the other side of the resort. There is music playing outside that you can hear at most of the pool area. Nothing too distracting, just good music. That was nice. The do have a swimup bar, set apart from the main pool, but not bad. And the outdoor restrooms are right behind the bar and then over on the other side by the Azur restaurant.
Poolside service was spotty. There bars are so far apart, it took a long time to get your drinks. We did bring our 20oz bubba kegs along. That worked out great. Beer would get warm very fast and drinks were have melted before we could get them. They could actually use another bar setup up in the middle by the pool area. Drinks were not the best. Never knew what you were going to get and most of them were watered down pop and very light on the liquor. Don't mind about the liquor, but watered down pop is not good.
Food:
Food was fantastic. We have previously stayed 4 times at a Palace Resort and Live Aqua's food is by far the best. Everything we had was wonderful. Chicken Nachos, burger/fries for pool food was very good. Ate at all of the restaurants, except the steak one you have to pay for now. Not going to do that. MB at fabulous steaks if you ask them about it. I will post a picture of that. Siete we ate at 3 or 4 times. Did breakfast and supper there. Always had something good on the buffet, making up your own pasta dish was very good. Azur we would eat there for lunch and had some good beef tacos there. We did room service a few times and it never took long to get our food.
Resort:
They have a swing bar down on the beach, but honestly the chairs were so high up, I couldn't even get in them. They need to be lowered to comfortably sit in them. They have nice showers to use on both ends coming up from the beach area.
The grounds on the resort are beautiful. Everything is very clean here, the only thing I have a big complaint about is the smell in the lobby and pool lobby area. It STINKS. I think they could do away with that smell at any time. They do have 5 computers for people to use for internet that is included. I always had great connection with them, so you don't even have to bring along a laptop if you don't want to.
They did have some conventions when we were there, and honestly, that does take away from some of the romantic atmosphere. They are always setting up huge outside dinners/breakfasts for these people and a few nights there they had bands playing for them. This made it difficult getting to the Azur restaurant or bar, because that area was all taken up with their tables and food. It also took alot away during the daytime, too, because workers were always going around the pool area, setting everything up.
This is also right across from the La Isla Mall, so that was very convenient for strolling over there to shop. That is one thing that Aqua could improve on is there gift shop. Not even worth walking into. I hope they expand on that in the future.
Overall, this is an absolutely wonderful resort. We would not hesitate to stay here again. In fact, I know we will again.

Room Tip: Just pick oceanfront and you shouldn't have a problem.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple