“Great vacation”

Ranked #23 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Have been staying at this resort for 12 years. People are so friendly. Really missed Sylvia this trip, Understand she is very sick. We were well taken care of by Sylvia's good friend Rafaela. She's the best, also Martin and Paulina. Also had fun with our friend Philipe at the Calypso Bar. Had breakfast most days at Mextreme. Best breakfast at great price.

Room Tip: Most rooms have ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicki R
Manuel S, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

I would like to thank you again for your preference during past years. We are glad to know that you spent a wonderful vacations.

We look forward to having the opportunity of serving you again, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun

Write a ReviewReviews (2,336)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 8 nights. Upon arriving, we learned that the hotel was undergoing a big renovation. We were instructed to check in inside a temporary lobby, which wasn’t a big deal, but it did seem to take a while.

When we were finally ready to head up to our room, we were stopped by an employee who proceeded to tell us about the hotel’s exciting time share opportunity. When I said we weren’t interested, he insisted that we give him our room number so that he could follow up later. This is the last thing I want to deal with after getting off of a plane and arriving at a hotel. I didn’t want to be rude but it was very annoying.

The room was decent. We got a “deluxe room”, which didn’t seem to offer anything special. We were given two full beds instead of a king, which actually may be all they have? Perhaps I missed that detail. The bed had this really nice rice art on it, which we admired but then quickly realized we had to clean up ourselves if we wanted to lay on the bed. The thought is nice, but it isn’t the most practical thing to offer guests since it adds extra work when you get into your room.

When we ordered room service, my girlfriend got the wrong dish. Confusingly, the dish wasn’t even on the menu and sounded nothing like what she ordered, so I don’t believe it was a language barrier issue. We ordered room service three times and every time there was some kind of confusion. We both speak a bit of Spanish and I’m pretty sure we communicated clearly. The service seemed disorganized.

On the second night, we got woken up in the middle of the night with a door bell ring. We ignored it, thinking that someone was drunk and had the wrong room or something. Then suddenly, the door opened and a confused maid appeared! My Spanish wasn’t good enough to fully understand her, but my impression was that someone had requested slippers and they mixed up the room number. It was a frightening experience to be woken up and have your door opened, though.

This was the general theme throughout our entire stay. Nothing was terribly wrong, but a lot of details just weren’t quite right. On a positive note, the food was consistently good and the pool was nice. No huge complaints, just a lot of small ones that were slightly inconveniencing.

I would not recommend staying here if you can find something else in your budget. Maybe once they finish renovations it’ll be nicer.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your feedback. I am truly sorry to know about that issues during your staying, please accept my most sincere apologies. I have reviewed your comments altogether with our Executive Team and we are taking specific actions to avoid similar situations in the future.

We look forward to having the opportunity of serving you as again, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Paid £300 and 20% tax which was not told on booking, Construction all over hotel so all you heard while sunbathing was hammering and drilling,food and drink very expensive, tried breakfast on last morning we had two rounds of toast and a coffee each for 2 people, 600 peso sir he said tjats approx £24 i complained and he knocked 200 peso off so still £16,an absolute rip off, I WOULD NEVER BOOK HERE AGAIN EVER

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank milothewestie
Reviewed 3 November 2017

I recently stayed 3 nights at the Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun. Overall the hotel is a clean property, the interior is very dated and run down in places. The service was good, everyone we interacted with was very friendly and willing to help. Two issues really impacted our stay. First, the hotel is undergoing a MAJOR renovation. During our visit the outside restaurant and swim up bar were not only closed but under construction. Any peaceful and quiet enjoyment at the beach was interrupted by the sounds of hammers, saws and power tools. It was disappointing as NOTHING was on the hotel website or told to us in advance about the construction. Other areas of the hotel are under construction as well, the Lobby is closed and a makeshift front desk set up in a side room. A buffet was created in what looks to be an old gift shop.. tiers of steps and all in the dining area. The spa has been relocated to an old suite on the first floor.

I would not mind the construction if the prices reflected the state of the hotel and if I was given the change to make the decision to stay at a hotel during construction. The staff overall were very friendly and accommodating. The servers working the beach during our stay were quick. always hustling and there to provide whatever we needed. Drink and food quality were average at best, small plastic glasses and more mix that alcohol usually. One nice but annoying item was a "Sad to see you go" message. The housekeeping team left a cute and thoughtful message on my bed the last day at the resort. The issue was it was crafted in colored rice! With no turndown service at the hotel, I had to spend 30 min with small cups and folder paper scooping up rice off my bed and cleaning up to be able to go to sleep.

The hotel is in a great location and walkable to anything you may want to do in Cancun. All in all the trip was about friends and we had a great time. The construction was expected to last about a year so take that into consideration. Just don't set your expectations to high and you'll have a great time!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jshagg

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your thoughts and concerns. Your comments allow us to concentrate our efforts in those areas in which we can still improve our service levels aiming at a more pleasant stay for you.

I am glad to let you know that we have finished with renovation process of La Palapa Restaurant and Bikini Bar; our Lobby/main façade will be ready by December.

I look forward to having the opportunity of serving you as you deserve, during your next visit to the beautiful beaches of Cancun, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Fiesta Americana Villas Cancún

Reviewed 2 November 2017

The property was under renovation while we were visiting so we had to deal with a cramped lobby and other issues. It's a small, more intimate hotel in a beautiful setting. What the hotel lacks in glitz and glamor, it makes up with the best service ever. The staff here is genuine, kind, and goes above and beyond to make sure you are happy. From Cesar at the travel agency desk, to Rolando, Luis, Gabriela, and Nayeli in the dining area, these folks will make you feel special and cared for. Thanks to Cesar we booked a wonderful snorkel trip that was exactly what we were looking for. We had a great time, and will be happy to come back when the renovations are done.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to know that you had a nice experience and our service did please you.

I look forward to having the opportunity of serving you, during your next visit to the beautiful beaches of Cancun, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Fiesta Americana Villas Cancún

Reviewed 2 November 2017

This is a family hotel with ensuite kitchens. Large grocery store 2 blocks away. Beach area is comfortable. Pool area accommodates even young children. Unlike some other Fiesta Americana hotels, maid service was daily and very prompt. Restaurant and café staff were very personable and went out of their way to make our stay special. Clubs, restaurants and marinas were close by. Free laundry facilities on each floor.

Room Tip: Roomsa facing the courtyard are actually better. The RIU (next door) caters to adults who like to p...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to know that our service, facilities and location made more pleasant your last vacations.

We look forward to having the opportunity of serving you again.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I booked this hotel through AAA and it was under $100 a night for 10 nights. We were on our honeymoon and after one night in a room with 2 doubles I checked with the front desk if there was any way that they could move us to a room with a king bed ..and the next day they did at no cost! It was a beautiful room with a better view than before and it even had a kitchenette (which was a huge money saver for us.) The staff was very helpful and kind through our visit. This is right in the heart of tourist area so since we didn't rent a car we were able to do all of our activities by taking a short bus ride or simply walking. This hotel is right on the beach and it was so nice to have the option of the ocean or the pool. We looked at several other places to stay on our honeymoon and I'm glad we chose here !

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

I am really glad to know that you spent a wonderful honeymoon and our service did please you. I am certain this comment will motivate all of us to keep searching for excellence.

We look forward to having the opportunity of serving you during your next visit to the beautiful beaches of Cancun, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.