“DO NOT GO HERE...”
Review of Oasis Palm

Oasis Palm
Ranked #75 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The Oasis Palm Hotel has terrible customer service, unfriendly staff/employees, a tiny, dirty beach, bad food, and small rooms. Additionally, the room I stayed in smelled of mold and the air conditioning unit was leaking so badly that my roommate and I had to use our towels to attempt to soak up the puddle of water that was ever-increasing in size on the floor of our hotel room.

The staff was incredibly rude, unprofessional, not helpful, and unpleasant. They made it seem like a chore to serve you a drink, answer a question, or even get a napkin for you.

I would have rather not gone on vacation than stayed here...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank NaMlliGAK
There are newer reviews for Oasis Palm

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Rooms were dated, but the overall resort was alright. We were there for 7 nights, and had a good time except for items that were stolen from our hotel room in a 4 hour period. My iPhone was stolen as well as money from inside my wallet, which was inside of my purse, which was inside of my backpack, all zipped up and pressed between my luggage and the wall. My friend had all of his money taken from the bottom of his closed luggage bag. That'll teach us to not pay the $4 a day to rent a lock for the safe! Hotel management was not helpful, indicating that they would start an investigation and we would be contacted in 24 hours. 3 days later, still no word, and the front desk was no help. Looking at other reviews, I see that theft by staff is common. BE CAREFUL. Other than that, Victor and Raul at La Cantina on the resort are the BEST bar tenders!! My rating for "Service" is for the bar tenders and restaurant staff, NOT the management or front desk

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Bobwire_13
Reviewed 23 April 2012

First of all at the Oasis Palm I would like to say that the Rooms were horrible, cheap and Rusty, Overall the staff was good but bit on the lazy side , they tend to take their time.
on the other hand the Waiters and restaurant Staff were great
The Gym and the tennis court, they spell like crap (Literally)
We had to switch to the Grand hotel next to get a descent room but the problem is, even if you pay the difference to move to the next hotel, which is the same company you are still not allowed to use any of their pool or a small portion of their beach where you can find some fun stuff to lie down on
Their are 2 a la carte restaurants that you have to be inline at 7 am or earlier to be able to get in or reserve at night and have a nice meal, otherwise if you don't have a reservation and the restaurant is empty, they stay won't let you in, kind of weird or you can go to the other 2 Buffets
Make sure you go to Xacert by Playa Del Carmen , your kids will love, bit expensive though
The Beach is nice for families, shallow and safe for your kids
Make sure you go to the Taco Stand , amazing tacos , all you can eat lol
It is a none pressure resort, I don't believe we have been hassled to buy anything , they are there though and ready to answer you

Hope this help

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Grand Oasis next door, the rooms are nicer and cleaner and better service
1  Thank Georges B
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed between April 13th to the 18th. Loved the food especially the Sushi.Rooms need updating but really who cares about the room?? You are on vacation! Beach was small but well maintained with close proximity to bars/food. Pool was beautiful. A large lagoon pool snaking through the well mainatined grounds. Loved the staff! So friendly and fun especially Jorge! Would totally recommend this hotel for families and for anybody looking to enjoy themselves. If you are a nit picker then this is not the place for you.

3  Thank frohicke63
Reviewed 21 April 2012

we booked our all inclusive package. The hotel has 2 pools. one is full of kids and the other is a better area for adults to relax. 6 days into our trip we were confronted by hotel staff that we had to leave the pool because they charge an extra $25USD per person per night. Not once were we confronted by staff that seen us sitting there using the pool for the first week. No signs indicated that we were not able to use it. I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago prior to this current visit and us using the pool was not a problem. Food is gross and sits out all day. Not recommended for anyone. DISCUSTING AND VERY POOR SERVICE!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different resort
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JOHN C
Reviewed 20 April 2012

First of all, make sure you know EXACTLY which Oasis resort you are staying at. The number of Oasis resorts with similar names has led to overall confusion for many. Many people confuse oasis palm, grand oasis, and oasis cancun. Oasis cancun is the party resort, oasis palm is the family oriented resort, and grand oasis is the more upscale, some would say boring, resort. We stayed at the oasis palm resort.

When we first arrived, we were thoroughly disappointed with the way the resort looked. I have stayed at multiple all inclusive resorts and this one was by far the worst, aesthetically speaking. It was extremely outdated and the color choices of the interiors were a little questionable. They put the same paintings throughout the resort, expecting us not to notice...We noticed.

The staff was extremely nice, except for Erick. WORST PERSON EVER. He scammed people on the daily. He was not to be trusted. Jeorge, Felipe, Clara, and Javier were by far the best workers. They were incredibly nice and accommodating to everyone. Make sure you go to Karaoke because that was a very fun time. The club is usually not very filled up but the times when people actually showed up, it was was a good time.

People claim that the food was really good but it really wasn't at all. I had chips and salsa for basically every meal based on the fact that I couldn't find anything else that was good, except for the sushi restaurant. This place was good, but the meals itself were incredibly lackluster.

There were activities all day for people of all ages. Make sure to participate in movie trivia and darts. These were the two best events.

Okay so the BIGGEST drawback of this resort was the terrible beach. It's on the lagoon so the beach is tiny and the water isn't very nice compared to the stunning ocean you see on the drive there. I only went in the water once during the entire week I stayed. If you're a beach person, DO NOT STAY HERE. If not, stick to the pool and you should be fine.

Overall, I had a very enjoyable vacation. I'm not sure if I would go back to this resort anytime soon though.

Room Tip: Rooms on the eighth floor are the nicest.
2  Thank Teddy H
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The ppl were nice, the place was VERY clean, Ok Beaches.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
4.2 km away
9.9 km away
GR Solaris Cancun
GR Solaris Cancun
#34 of 176 in Cancun

Been to Oasis Palm? Share your experiences!