Mayan Hostel Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
US$700
US$620
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Unorganized. Unprofessional. Bro/frat house feel. People who work there are so wrapped up in their own business they are inconsiderate of their guest.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Simpleton3
Reviewed June 30, 2011

stuffy litle place-no good for sleeping privately/ like human being

Room Tip: too mutch little place
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank voazi777
Reviewed January 13, 2010

My first tip, don't stay here. I was robbed by the family that runs the place, no respect, and they ripped me off cash as well and tried to hold my passport ransom. It wasn't until I contacted our consulate that things got figured out.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank sjbabyjane
Reviewed January 10, 2010

The best hostel I have stayed in (extensively travelled). Great common area outside upstairs made it so easy to meet people. Other travellers were great! So many different nationalities. Staff are very helpful, rooms always cleaned, bathrooms in each room cleaned regularly, aircon in some rooms, fans in others, but hardly needed. So close to the beaches and clubs. Don't judge the photos you see in searches...don't do it justice.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2009

Where to start on this atrocious excuse for a hostel,,,

Well my two friends and I booked a 4 room mixed room. The room itself has no walls but is open air with the main wall a mismatch of wooden poles. This is great for ventilation and even better at night when we were all constantly attacked by mosquitos. I counted 8 bites and my friend lost count and much sleep getting several more.

The day is consumed with construction going on directly across on the next rooftop, with such an open wall the workers can literally look straight into the room and make ample noise breaking rocks and sawing concrete blocks. A pleasant way to start the day.

To top things off the women running the hostel made me wait 5 minutes to get the room key while she finished her conversation on msn. She then lost the only room key to the place, so my friends and I were forced to wait 40 minutes to get into our room. Which in the end meant that I punched in a flimsy window and climbed in.

The women at the front also double charged my friends for laundry, making each one pay the bill. The outside street is full of roaming junkies asking for money and the whole place reeks of sleeze.

The only plus, was other people there were pleasant.

If you want to go Cancun, get as far away as possible from this place.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank morell