7,076 results
All reviews maria marie chef's plate spice restaurant swim up suite hour lounge asiana restaurant romance concierge foam party lobby bar beach cabana hammock on the balcony our honeymoon corner suite ocean front turn down service presidential suite all inclusive resort
Reviewed January 25, 2017

My family and I have been staying at this hotel for our yearly vacations for the last 9 years and have never been disappointed. The rooms, pools, beach and restaurants are all excellent (see my other reviews for details). I am a picky eater who doesn’t eat seafood and I never lack for choices. There are lots of fun drinks to choose from and top shelf liquor is available at no extra charge.

The staff here is the best of the best, and one big reason why we keep coming back year after year. When we arrive we are greeted like old friends coming home! From Raphael and Martha in member services to our favorite servers Eloisa, Ligia, Guadalupe, Frankie, Arturo (Chuey), Octavio, and Jose, front desk staff like David John, and our housekeeper Juliana, each and every one is friendly, efficient and professional. I can’t mention them all, but each and every person at the hotel was wonderful. As business owners we appreciate the value of an exceptional employee, and we hope management does everything in their power to retain these valuable assets. These people are second to none in the hospitality business.

One new thing that we absolutely loved this year was the new 3rd floor Sky Gym. Everything is new, the layout is great, and the best thing is the lap/infinity pool! Wow! I strongly recommend that you go up to the patio and watch the sunset over the lagoon, either while lounging in a comfortable chair or swimming laps. Swimming at the edge of the 3rd floor while watching the sunset was incredible!

I’ve read some of the negative reviews that were written lately and I have to wonder if they were reviewing the wrong hotel or were just being dishonest. The hotel is showing very minor signs of aging, like some doors could use some touch up paint, but nothing at all major. The pool was missing a couple tiles, but were fixed right away. Everything is very clean and well maintained.

After many years of staying here, I still recommend it highly. See you next year!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Becky B
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2017

Dear Becky B,

Thank you very much for your return visit to Hyatt Zilara Cancun, it is a great delight to be able to welcome our distinguished and loyal guest, like you, again and again, to your home in the Mexican Caribbean.

There is no better satisfaction for all our entire staff, that have the opportunity to welcome you back to our extended family, and to pamper you in each occasion as you well deserve, to make your stay, even more pleasurable and special each new visit.

We really appreciate the time you took to mention all the names of the associates that took better care of your during your stay, be sure that Rafael, Martha, Eloisa, Ligia, Guadalupe, Frankie, Arturo, Octavio, José, David John and Juliana, will receive your kind words for their great effort and professionalism.

Thank you again for your preference and great comments, we will be awaiting for your next visit with great joy of having you back for another memorable vacation time at Home in Paradise.

Reviewed January 25, 2017 via mobile

There are already thousands of reviews raving about the quality of service, rooms, pool, and food so I'll just say ditto to those and make a more specific review that might help a niche market.

I work in the fitness industry and am very active, so having a hotel gym is a must and having a nice hotel gym is a treat.

This is the best hotel gym I've ever been to in my life by far. The space is large. There is plenty of equipment and space. Lap pool right outside the door for swimmers. Yoga and Pilates classes offered daily. Stocked well with waters and towels. Clean bathroom and showers.

My wife and I started our mornings here everyday on our stay which made us feel less guilty splurging on food and alcohol the rest of the day.

If you are very active and need to get your work outs in while on vacation this is a great spot. Obviously it won't be like your favorite gym at home but for a hotel gym (which usually has a couple treadmills and a dumbbell rack) it far exceeded my expectations.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank DanielYoon727

Dear DanielYoon727,

Thank you very much for give Hyatt Zilara Cancun, the chance to be part of your well deserved vacation time, it has been a great pleasure to welcome you to stay with us.

We are delighted to know that your time here was relaxing, as you were able to enjoy from all of our facilities, All Inclusive offers and from the accommodating and friendly service provided by our outstanding associates.

It is of a great satisfaction to come to know that you very much enjoyed of our Sky Gym, the space, the equipment, the lap pool, the classes, trainers and beautiful ambience, to continue with your routines everyday along with your vacation.

We will be happy to welcome you in the near future, for another great time of enjoyment.

Gerente General

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2017

Hello, I have been to this Lovely Hotel Many times,
In fact this is my 11-Th time at this resort. It was formally the Royal!
As I am sure that most of you returning guests realize, things have Changed!
I Continue to return ONLY BECAUSE of the STAFF!!!!
I have traveled all over the WORLD! The people that work at the hotel re the most Loyal and Caring Beautiful Hard working people!
All of the years friends Never forget my name, Their hospitality kidness. I could go on and on! LIGIA . MY SWEET BEAUTIFUL KIND SWEETHEART!! ALWAYS WITH A SMILE AND A HUG! YOU ARE JUST AMAZING!! EVERY TIME SHOW UP YOU ARE THE FIRST TO GREET ME WITH A BEUATIFUL SMILE AND SUCH A KIND HEART! Of course Gaualaplupe always perfect, Catalino, that's for trying to fix my glasses so many times!
Last opinion, I will continue to come back to the "Royal" Only because of the wonderful Staff!! They work so Very hard and So many hours!
I am very disappointed in the "Corporate changes.
The people that work there are the ONLY reason that I will be back.
The Up Charges for certain food items and Entertainment Are ridiculous!
I will return only for the wonderful STaff!!

Room Tip: all rooms are ocean facing! Beautiful noo need to up grade!!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank spearsca
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2017

Dear spearsca,

First and foremost, let me start by thanking you, for all this years of loyalty with our property, now the Hyatt Zilara Cancun, we are truly delighted to know that even when you have many other options to visit in Cancún, you have decided to keep coming with us.

There is not better satisfaction than learning that our distinguished guest as you, keep enjoying every single visit, mainly due to the outstanding service provided our valuable staff, creating each time, beautiful memories on our little Paradise.

Be sure that I will share your kind words with Ligia, Catalino and Guadalupe, for doing your stay even more pleasurable on every visit.

Please be sure that we care about your comments, specially being with us for so long. We understand that some of the changes made during the brand transition are not of your total acceptance, but be sure that we will always have a special care for you and we will welcome you every visit with great joy.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share once again, your experience and for your kind words about our staff, we are very much looking forward to welcome you once again and share more memorable moments together.

Reviewed January 24, 2017

If you like the beach and you don't want to sit in the sun, this is not the place for you. Almost no shade is available. They do have some partially functional cabanas, but they mostly are reserved for a high end set of rooms even though most of the time they went unused as far as we could tell. Situation at the pool is slightly better as long as you get there by around 7 AM to reserve with towels and clothing or magazines the spot where you want to sit. Outstanding buffet restaurant BUT when I tried to take something with me back to my room, they said it was against the rules. That's nonsense at what this place costs. Oriental restaurant was the best of the sit down restaurants -- upstairs and down -- in my opinion! Chefs table restaurant a disaster when we where there because the table only holds 16 and two of the couples were very loud so we could barely hear each other talk.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phila-1017

Dear flg1945,

First of all, thank you for choosing to spend your well deserved vacation time with us at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, it has been a pleasure to welcome you and have you as our guest.

We are sorry to know by your comments that you were not able to find a cabana by the beach, were is usually the place where you can most easily find one as our guest rather to take the ones by the pool. Not all of the cabanas at the beach are assigned to rooms, just the one line is, allowing everyone to use the rest of them anytime. Very sorry to know that your experience at the Chef´s Plate was not satisfactory.

We truly appreciate the time that you have invested in sharing your review trough Trip Advisor, as the comments of our guests, are very important in our constant improvement, as we are determined to provide our guests with unforgettable moments at this beautiful Paradise.

It will be a pleasure if you grant us a new opportunity to host you and pamper you with our Service from the Hearth.