All reviews hotel zone americas mall ice machine the check in process rooms are big shuttle service would highly recommend this hotel nice pool sister hotel the hotel staff spring break balcony desk club walmart usd jose
Reviewed July 3, 2018

Why would anybody stay in a hotel far away from the beach in Cancun is beyond me but I was there for a conference so I had no choice. The overall initial impression is that the property has seen better days. It is still serviceable but décor and general first image could use an facelift. The folks at the reception desk are pleasant but seem lost at times. Rooms are big an the AC is awesome. There is even a ceiling fan in the room plus a safety deposit box but not a fridge. No chairs or any type of furniture in the balcony. The rain shower is also excellent. Breakfast was included and it was good, with an egg station and plenty of other choices. The pool area is also pleasant but there was no bar service to speak of....too bad. They do have a free shuttle service that takes you to another Krystal property by the beach; a much superior property in all aspects. Not a bad experience overall but I would stay on a beach front property next time

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank AJS-NY
CalidadyServicioKUC, Gerente at Krystal Urban Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

We really appreciatte your positive comments on the rooms of the hotel, the breakfast buffet and the beach club, as well as your overall experience. Regarding our staff, we are implementing Costumer Service oriented training program to improve our service towards our guests. We will surely take your suggestions on the décor, the fridge in-room and the bar for the pool into consideration. Thank you again for your review, and we hope you give us the opportunity to serve you in your next visit.

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

If you’re welcomed by Michael Garcia (if that’s even his real name), I can tell you one thing, you’re off to a really bad start.

We arrived the hotel on May 11, around 9:30 PM, exhausted, to check in.

Michael takes our passeport, our card and informs us our reservation is only for one person and we obviously need a bedroom for two since we’re a couple. Confused and worried, I check the booking confirmation and see that we had made a reservation for two. Michael was either very tired himself or trying to overcharge us. Anyway, he carries on gives us the room key card, explains how the WIFI works, where to find the restaurant and wishes us a good night. So far, not too bad.

We go up to our room and are pleasantly surprised. The room is clean and spacious. As it’s already 10PM and we’re Exhausted, we decide to go to the hotel’s restaurant for dinner. The food was gross but the service is fine until it’s time to pay ...

As in every hotel, we ask to charge to meal to our room. Well, not at Krystal Cancun. After signing the receipt, we are asked to wait because they need to confirm we are clients of the hotel (seriously?!). They try to contact the reception desk but nobody is there to answer so we’re asked to pay by card or cash. We explain we don’t have any money with us and find it unacceptable not to be able to charge the room. The try the reception again, they give me the phone (as if it was my job to deal with this ....) and here is Michael again. He puts me on hold for a good five minutes. In the meantime, someone else from the staff gets involved, and tells me that the reception doesn’t have my credit card in my file so we need to pay. Upset, frustrated and tired we ask for someone to come with us to our room with a card machine. We pay.

Once this nightmare is finally over, it’s 11:30 PM, we decide to get ready for bed. But the, the phone rings. It’s Michael again, telling me about my car and saying I need to register it so he will come to my room. I tell him I’m about to go to be bed so it’s not a good time and ask if it can wait until the following morning. He explains something I don’t understand so confused, I ask him to repeat. Well, Michel doesn’t repeat. After a big sight, he puts the phone down.

Upset, I try to call back but nobody answers and five minutes later he’s at the door knocking. I open and here he goes on about car. Turns out he meant card (and not card) and was telling us we needed to pay for the room. By then, it’s 11:45PM, I’m upset so I ask why he didn’t take the payment when we checked in and gave him our card.

To my greatest surprise, Michael tells me it’s because we took our credit card away from him and ran to our room!!!! I mean, how ridiculous is that!!! We’re talking about 60 USD!!! I tell him if he wants payment, he needs to bring the credit card machine because I’m not letting him walk away with my card.

He comes back with the card machine and brings with him someone from hotel security!!! For the record I’m a 5ft7 skinny French women.

When I see that, I ask to see his manager and of course his manager can’t come. I insist saying I won’t pay until I speak to his manager. Shortly after, someone named Jose Luis shows up pretending the be the manager. We speak to him, explain that we are being called thieves, that Michael is clearly trying to cover up the fact that he has forgotten to take the payment and instead of apologising for disturbing us so late and asking if we could make the payment, he is disrespecting us, lying to our face, and brings security to try to intimidate us.

No response. All we get is “well, you have to pay.” And after a few questions, Jose finally admits that he isn’t the manager.

We ended up paying what we owed and moved on as it became clear they didn’t care about their clients. You’re a cash cow and that’s it.

We’re very disappointed as it was our first experience in Mexico. I will never come back to this hotel ever and i really hope the management will do something about this employee. He his dishonest, a liar and behaves very disrespectfully towards clients. I strongly discourage anyone to go to this place.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sophonie R
CalidadyServicioKUC, Calidad y Servicio at Krystal Urban Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Thank you for your comments, which are very important to us. We regret what happened during your stay. We are following up so that it does not happen again. Best regards.
Quality and service.

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a soccer tournament in cancun! The rooms are confortable and spacious the pool is nice and the hotel its clean. The wi-fi in the room was basically non existent. It also took them a long time to check us in. This hotel its not beach front and its close to dt cancun. Its not in the hotel zone but not far from it. I would recommend going to the restaurant at the bull fighting stadium cheap and good.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank gchar09
CalidadyServicioKUC, Calidad y Servicio at Krystal Urban Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Thank you for your comment, we are glad that you have enjoyed your vacations with us. We hope to serve you again in your next stay.
Erika Avalos
Quality and Service

Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

I have visited this hotel in 2016 and they double-charged the price the room : they made me pay twice (my credit card has been used twice instead of once by the hotel).

The hotel acknowledged the mistake, but despite asking for a refund for months, they still didn’t paid me back.

Stayed: May 2017
2  Thank Cyril B
Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

Modern and clean Hotel located in Cancun Center, far from the beach; although it offers a free shuttle to other Krystal hotels at the beach.
Buffet breakfast is offered and is good.
The hotel has a pool very convenient for families.
Rooms are big and clean but furniture require some improvement.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
CalidadyServicioKUC, Calidad y Servicio at Krystal Urban Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Thank you very much for staying with us and also thank you for sharing your recent experience with us.
We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay wit us, we hope to see you again on your next vacations. Best Regards
Erika Avalos