We stayed for 2 nights. Booked through expedia and it turns out that expedia messed up
sending the reservation data to the hotel. The hotel showed a reservation for 1 night only,
but i had it for 2. No issues. We still stayed. The breakfast was good. Bread/omlet/juices with
coffee. The fresh air in the morning with the sound of birds is very pleasing. The main road
is right across and gets a lot of high speed traffic. We had dinner and lunch and the food
was pretty good i should say. We were a bit apprehensive at first, but after trying it one
evening, we were hooked. The kids loved the place. We did not have to run the A/C at all
in the room. Nice stay i should say.
The entrance to the rooms can be a bit damp., esp for rooms near the trees. So some caution is advised. Also, this might not be an issue for 99% of the people out there, but
our son had a minor accident and we had to rush him to the hospital. The beds are made
of concrete platform and a spring mattress tossed on top. This is fine. But my daughter
grabbed a trinked from him and jumped from one bed to the other. My 6yr followed suite.
He missed the landing on the other bed, fell and hit the rear of his head on the concrete
bed platform. The edge being sharp, he had a deep cut. My wife had to grab a towel and
we had a car, so i got hold of the front desk staff and rushed him to the hospital in Merida.
The doctor had to perform 4 stitches and he was asked to stay out of water for 8 days.
Well, would this have been a non issue had it been a wooded frame rather than concrete,
no one knows. I normally think ahead and warn the kids. But these things happen in split
second. So if you are travelling with children, please be mindful of the slippery entrance and
the concrete beds. Otherwise, the staff were very good, friendly and responsive and will
not mind stayin here. The Ik-Kil cenote is right across and was a nice swim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enchanting hotel in the best location of Chichen Itza. Beautiful bungalows with private terraces, air conditioning, cable tv, safe box, and local handcrafts. Extensive gardens with two swimming pools, one with unique reef formations and spectacular bottom, two palapas with hammocks for relaxation. Large, guarded parking lot. Restaurant Bar overlooking circular pool with the best food for the gods. Walk to Ikil cenote for a refreshing swim or to the Balankanche caves for underground adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Dolores Alba Chichen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel Dolores Alba Chichen
- Dolores Alba Chichen Hotel