Open today: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great Scuba!

Reviewed 4 days ago
Maneballes
via mobile
Don't go anywhere else!

Rebecca R

1,314 results
All reviews captain carlos dive master night dive between dives dive experience these guys fresh water shower discover scuba surface interval fresh fruit great dive small group private charter making sure personal service two tank marine life
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

We had an awesome time with ScubaTony. Both the captain and Marc the Dive Master were very kind and helpful. Wouldn’t doubt to go with them again if we are ever back in Cozumel.

ScubatonyCozumel, Owner at ScubaTony Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! I’ll oass this along to Marc. We hope you can make it back again sometime.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We absolutely could not recommend ScubaTony more, we did 2 dives for 3 days with them and it was the best diving we've done so far. Such a lovely group of people, we were so well looked after and felt unbelievably safe. Your safety is their priority first and foremost which was great when we hadn't been diving for a year. The diving boats only take 6 of you max but because we were in low season there were never more than 4 of us, and on our final day we were the only ones on the boat! We have already sent friends of ours their way and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to more. Very special experience and the highlight of our trip to Mexico. Many thanks to all of the team,

Rebecca and Jasper

ScubatonyCozumel, Owner at ScubaTony Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Hi Rebecca and Jasper.

Thank you so much for your review. I’m so glad you were taken care of and get so safe. We take the safety of our divers very serious. Thanks for the recommendation and hope you can come back again soon.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We were happy with ScubaTony overall and we would use them again. However there were a few issues that kept me from giving them perfect score.

Pros:
1) They were there and waiting for us even though we were early.
2) They had a group talk and discussed what everyone wanted to do before selecting a the day's dives. I felt everyone was heard. It was nice that everyone was very flexible.
3) The DMs and Captains were all friendly and helpful. If you want things to be easy, this is it. They set up everything for you and basically all you have to do it fall into the water! :-)
4) They are excellent at answering questions via email.
5) Most importantly, the equipment was all in good working order. I brought my own wetsuit.
6) They have plenty of drinks and snacks for you and a shower to rinse the salt water off.
Cons:
1) While the dive boat was in great shape, they need to put down a non-skid surface on the bow of the boat. Both days I went, the first person on board skid and got hurt stepping onto the boat from the dock. This happened even though everyone was warned, took their time and was being helped.
2) Wrong equipment. The 2nd day of my dive I was given the wrong size BCD. They had set the previous day's equipment aside and somehow it got mixed up. Unfortunately, I didn't discover this until we were getting ready for our first dive. I take partial responsibility for not double checking it before we left. I was able to dive in it, it was just a more work.
3) Make yourself heard. While I loved my first DM, he felt he knew better than I did what weight I should be using. I spent a lot of time struggling to stay down. On day 2, I had a different DM and told him what I wanted and it was no problem.

1  Thank TheTwinsMom
ScubatonyCozumel, Owner at ScubaTony Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback. I hear you on all the points that you make on your Cons list, and I'll be taking the time to review them carefully and making the changes necessary for them not to happen again. Some of it is human error that is bound to happen at some point, but the slipping on the boat part is something that I'm going to make an effort to fix and that really concerns me that someone slipped.

I'll have a talk with the dms about the weight issue. They should have noticed that you were struggling to stay down and given you an extra weight right away.

Thank you for all the compliments. We are always trying to get better and do appreciate the feedback.
I do take pride in having new and upgraded rental gear. I can say with certainty that we have the best rental gear on the island.

Hopefully we get another chance to deliver you a flawless, 5 star experience.

Would you please e-mail me at adam@scubatony.com?

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had one month on the island and checked out reviews for diving. Picked ScubaTony, for every other day of diving for the month of October 2018. Was assigned to Captain Carlos and DiveMaster Charlie, they are a great team. Carlos has a GPS in his head for locating the right location Charlie requests after talking over what the customers are looking for.
There was always coffee and fruit at the dock/marina prior to heading out( nice touch). We would load up and head out of the marina, and pick up other customers south of the marina. No more than 6 divers per boat. Carlos and Charlie are just nice guys, always smiling and asking if you need water, soda or fruit in between dives. The one big suggestion I have would be having some textured paint at the bow when we load up, the paint at present is very slippery, and witnessed two divers taking a nose dive. Meet with Tony and Adam at the dock on a regular basis, always asking how things were going.
Thank you so much Captain Carlos and Charlie for an enjoyable trip to your island and reefs.

Thank you for the review.

I appreciate what you said about Carlos and Charlie and the fruit and coffee at the marina.

I just got another review about the bow of the boat, and after you and I spoke via E-mail, I talked to the captains, and we are going to start moving the boats around in the marina so we can begin to side load people on and off the boat. Sideloading is going to be safer and solve the issue that you brought to my attention.

Thanks so much for your suggestion and the feedback.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our Discover experience with ScubaTony could not have been better. The booking process (we booked direct) was fast and easy. They immediately followed up with a confirmation, and sent a reminder a week prior to the trip. The second email had probably the most detailed pre-trip instructions and directions I’ve ever seen. Give yourself plenty of time to get to the marina. It’s not far from the town center, but traffic through San Miguel can be thick. If you’re coming from Playa, I’d recommend taking the ferry at least two, preferably three hours before your tour time. Give yourself an hour for the ferry and another to arrange transportation to and from the marina.

When we arrived at the dock, Dive Guide Marc and Captain Carlos met us with high quality logoed water bottles to take home as souvenirs - a nice touch. Tours are limited to four people, so instruction is detailed and personalized. We live in Hawaii and have dived before (we’re just too lazy to get our certifications), but Marc did a great job of adjusting the instruction to our knowledge level. That said, safety is their primary concern, and after the instruction phase they make sure that everyone is able to demonstrate the basic skills necessary for the first dive.

We did the two-tank option, which I highly recommend. The second dive took us to a larger reef, which was absolutely beautiful. Between dives, Capt Carlos treated us to melon and papaya from his own garden.

Again, I can’t recommend this tour enough.

One last thing: wages in Mexico are very low and the workers depend on tips to feed their families. While tips are never solicited, you absolutely should do so, and generously! These guys work very, very hard at keeping you safe and ensuring you have a good time, so show them the love!

Thank you so much for leaving us a solid review!

The water bottles also reduce our carbon footprint and eliminate our need for single-use plastic while giving you a souvenir.

All the guys are great and we do believe in keeping our dive trips small and personal. We will never expand into a large cattle car operation although it would be easy enough for us to do so.

You are absolutely right about wages in Mexico. Although we have the highest paid dive crew on the island. I believe that taking care of you crew means that they will take care of the guests and be a lot happier at work but tipping is all about giving a little extra if you feel like you've been well taken care of. So thank you for that, our guy do go the extra mile.

Thanks again for diving with us and hope you can get certified one weekend there in HI

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I and finishing our first real diving vacation and we couldn’t have asked for more from a dive operation than what ScubaTony provided. They kept and cared for our dive gear over the week and had it on the boat for us each day ready to go! Captain Papo really is a human GPS and always looking to provide the best experience to the divers on his boat. Marc, Charlie and Israel were fantastic dive masters who made sure we got to see 10 different dive sites during our visit. It was a great trip and ScubaTony was a big part of it!

Thank you so much for the review! It sounds like you are hooked. We hope you can come back again soon.
All of our guys are top notch.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I planned this trip for my husband and my two brother in laws. They did the private charter one day that our cruise was in port.

They were so impressed with the dive guide and driver! All they did was talk about how it was the best diving trip they had ever been on (they have each done about 12 different dives)! It is clear why Scuba Tony is rated the best in Cozumel. Book this dive company and you will be back on this site writing raving reviews!!!

Thanks so much for leaving us this killer review! Hopefully you guys can come spend a week in Cozumel and hit all the sites.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I are experienced snorkelers, so when visiting Cozumel for the first time and seeing “Discover Scuba”, we thought...yes! We arrived early for a 1:00pm charter, which was no problem as to some paperwork you need to complete. Our dive instructor, Israel, introduced himself and the captain, Hector, and we were ready to begin. Israel started with instruction in the boat, going over all the important points of how to breath, clear your ears, your mask, hand signals, etc. He was very thorough and told us not to worry-we would remember everything just fine. We started to practice our skills in a shallow area. Israel made sure we did everything correct before moving on. Once we accomplished all the skills properly, we started down into an amazing marine preserve. I don’t know why, but I had a sudden panic attack about 10 minutes into the dive. Israel just held onto me, looked me in the eyes and motioned for me breath slowly, steadily. I calmed down almost right away and the rest of our underwater adventure could not have been more perfect. He pointed out an eel, we saw 2 stingrays, and the fish were so close you could almost touch them. The sea fans and coral were just beautiful. To be down in the ocean, swimming as if you were a fish, is a magical, awe inspiring place to be. Israel was so patient and always there to check on you and make sure you were ok. We were so spoiled to have a “private” guide and especially one as patient and so good at instruction. I can’t say enough good things with our experience. The bar has been set very high.

Thank you so much for the review. I'm glad that your first experience diving was with us. Hopefully you will get certified now and come back and see us or come back and have Israel do your certification. It truly is a magical experience. Diving forever changed my life.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Dived with Scuba Tony two weeks ago - 4 two tank dives . Third time with his operation over the past five years. Highly professional and excellent as usual - you won't find any better for fast boats and minimal divers. Capts. Carlos/Hector along with dive masters Marc & Israel were super as we explored Planacar areas - horseshoe, gardens, Dahlila, Cedral etc. 65 ft dives with nurse sharks, turtles, barracuda, lobster and great coral heads at Cedral. Does not get any better. Jim Y

Hi Jim,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I like to think that we set the standard for small, fast boats in Cozumel.

Come back soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

A few days ago had my first drift dives in Cozumel. I chose Scuba Tony due to great reviews online, and it was great. Had two day dives with Charlie as DM and one night dive with Mark, both time our skkiper was Carlos. The crew was very professional and kind. If you are in Cozumel I recommend them dearly.

Thank you so much for your review of our services and your experience diving with us. It sounds like you had a good time and we hope you can make it back again.