2,001 results
All reviews scuba du outdoor shower reef room alfredo di roma le cap el caribeno fish best hotel on the island dive shop main restaurant breakfast buffet tennis courts adult pool outdoor restaurant ocean view private beach hotel property
Reviewed December 12, 2017

I just finished a quick stay at the InterContinental Cozumel and would have to say that it gets "five stars" for the beauty of its property but only "three stars" (if that) for its front desk staff. I have to admit that I am probably a bit biased because I had just come from the InterContinental Cancun where their staff are extremely professional, warm and friendly and so anything compared to there would possibly have been a let down. First, the good points about the InterContinental Cozumel: the renovated rooms (they're not in the tower, don't take a room there) are simply stunning. Gorgeous decor, a semi-outdoor shower plus and indoor shower, its own walk own seating area near the pool, etc. I was upgraded to the "luxury pool room" for being a Platinum Ambassador which was nice. I also liked the new Faro Blanco restaurant and El Caribeno for breakfast. Not cheap but good food and great service. Now the area to be improved: the front desk employees barely even acknowledged me as an IHG member until I asked if I was getting an upgrade, they didn't provide the typical 600 "welcome amenity" points, and he (Roberto) just wasn't very personable in general. Just sort of robotic. Then the room keys stopped working and was flashing yellow--I had to go to the front desk to Roberto again and was told to wait at the door for maintenence to show up--which they never did. When I returned to Roberto at the front desk he called and they said that they had shown up--which they clearly never did since I was standing outside the room (2102) the whole time. Then they said for whatever reason they had to go in through the sliding glass window and it would take some more time. No apologies from Roberto, not a free drink coupon--nothing while I just sat and waited in the lobby area. It didn't take very long but still--you can't even bother apologizing for the problem? The hotel is also booked as a "spa resort" but they don't even have a list of spa services in the rooms?? So basically, to sum it all up--this is a nice looking, well-located hotel (if you get a renovated room) but the service in general needs improvement. I'd suggest learning a few things from the InterContinental Cancun to see how to treat loyal IHG members better.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Matthew R
Henry W, Director General at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay in order to offer you a better experience next time.

It is truly regrettable to learn about your recent experience and your disappointment with the level of service you have received. It is not our intention to dissatisfy you, as we do strive to make sure our guests leave our hotel happy. Although I would have preferred you had a better stay, your comments are highly appreciated.

I do hope that we will get another opportunity to provide you with a more desirable stay.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2017

WOW!!! just about sums it up! We have stayed at 5 different hotels on the island and the Presidente is hands down the best by far. Top of the line food, drinks and service along with a room with a spectacular view made this a vacation we will never forget.... we can't wait to go back next year.

Room tip: The view from 5211 was exceptional! The tower rooms have not been remodeled as far as we know.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our services and facilities, comments like yours let us know that we are doing a great job.

We look forward to welcome you back the next year.

With warm regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

A couple of miles from the ferry port by taxi (110pesoa). Very secure complex. Very warm welcome by staff who were very professional. Lovely room (3214) on second floor Over looking the sea, with balcony. Great sunset views with Palm tree sillouetts from the balcony. Very light airy room but good blackout. Very quiet at night, and boats going past at 7am. Great fittings, towels, bedding safe, coffee making etc. Fridge an annoying shape for your own drinks. Very quiet adults only pool, but sun loungers not very comfortable there. Choice of three restaurants, and reasonably priced for the standard of hotel. Excellent main pool sun lounger and day bed options, with private beach for reef snorkelling. Lovely place overall.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdamBilgy
Henry W, Director General at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all I will like to thank you for sharing your review with us.

It is nice to hear you liked our Resort and that you feel you received a great service.

We look forward to welcome you back!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 28, 2017

Our work retreat consisted of 26 people, including several children. The hotel staff worked directly with us to organize our dinner reservations and meals, excursions, hotel rooms, transportation, and everything else we could have possibly needed. The hotel itself is completely gorgeous, the rooms are spacious and well appointed, the beach and cabanas are completely picturesque. It was truly an incredible trip.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Autumnd93
Henry W, Director General at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities, comments like yours let us know that we are doing a great job.

We look forward to welcome you again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

Went for a week (Thanksgiving), the hotel has been completely renovated and the rooms are modern and very comfortable, great shower and balcony. The restaurants are very good and the service very recommendbale and nice. The only "negative" is that the beach is small and a little rocky, but the scuba is great.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JOSE R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us and for staying with us!

I'm glad to hear you liked our recent renovations and our Restaurants. Our goal is to make your stay memorable, so I'm glad that our staff took good care of you.

We look forward to welcome you once more.

Kind Regards,