“Service, Service, Service!!!”

Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
Grandville, Michigan
“Service, Service, Service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

In February, 2012, my husband and I, in a group of approximately 90 people from Michigan, returned to Cozumel to stay a week at the Cozumel Palace. Our first stay at the Palace was such an enjoyable vacation (February, 2009) that the 90 requested a return trip specifically to stay, again, at the Cozumel Palace. Why? Service, service, service!!

This group of 90 are plumbing, heating, and cooling contractors, people, who, on a daily basis, strive to give excellent service to their customers. When they experience it, they know and appreciate it.

The staff truely goes out of their way to anticipate your need even before you know you have the need.

The rooms are spacious and clean, and, important to my husband and I, the air conditioning worked great, especially at night when we like to sleep in a very cool room. There was daily room service, and again, housekeeping did a great job!

For evening dinning, there are 3 ethnic restaurants - Italian, Mexican, and Oriental, along with a themed nightly buffet. My husband and I stayed with the buffet every evening, but were told by others that each of the other restaurants were excellent. (We heard no negative comments regarding food service.) The morning breakfast buffet was also excellent with a large sellection of fruits, fresh squeezed juices, cereals, egg dishes, breakfast meats - more selection than I can list here. Those who provide service for the bar and grill in the pool area during the day make it very clear they are there to serve you in anyway they can, immediately.

The resort, compared to others, may be considered small, but, again, we appreciated being close to our room, restaurants, the pool, rest rooms, work out facilities, etc. rather than, having to walk long distances, or waiting for a shuttle to reach the far recesses of a resort.

The one and only drawback - if a walking a beach is of utmost importance to you, there is no beach. However, if swimming or snorkeling is what you're looking for in the fresh, salt water, that is available on the property.

The location is close to the airport.

Needless to say, my husband and I would rate this higher than a 5 if possible.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank RMP49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,276)
  • Hebrew first
Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

A-freakin-mazing! Palace Resorts have once again outdone themselves! Awesome! Rooms nice and spacious and great service. From the shampoo to the mini-bar you will be amazed! This is our 5th trip to a Palace Resorts hotel and first time in Cozumel. Loved it!
Can snorkle right in front or hangout at the pool swim-up bar or take diving lessons all right on site, walk to the mini outdoor mall or to the dolphin or stingray parks, rent a car or dunebuggy to check bars and restaurants around the island. Palace staff r very helpful in planning what youd like to do no matter what you chose. The employees are just outstanding!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank nestlesmama
Flower Mound, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband and i have been members of Palace Resorts for over 5 years and Moon Palace in Cancun has been a favorite of ours. Recently, though, i was invited to join a couple of other women on a trip arranged through a travel agent. They were going to Cozumel, but chose the Palace because of my recommendation. We had a wonderful time! True to all my other experiences with Palace Resorts, the staff were terrific, the entire resort was clean, the entertainment was corny, but fun, and the spa treatments were luscious. The employees usually work several different positions during a work week and they work long hours daily. 10 - 12 hour days are normal. I cannot imagine staying focused on making sure the guests are happy after being on my feet for 4 hours, much less 12 -- and in a foreign language, to boot!!! I always ask the staff if Palace is a good company to work for. Without hesitation, each person has told me the benefits they enjoy.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aileen F
Lumberton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We visited the Cozumel Palace for the first time this March (2012) and were very impressed with the warm and friendly staff at every level. We have traveled extensively throughout the US and Western Europe and stayed at some of the top hotel brands (Ritz,Four Seasons etc) and the staff at the Cozumel Palace was more friendly and accomodating than any in recent memory. They all seem genuinley happy in their jobs and go out of their way to serve you. They always seemed to be there when you needed something without being intrusive. I will admit we are rather quiet and low-maintentance as a group but we are very critical and have high expectations. This staff exceeded all of our expectations.
The property is located within walking distance to town which makes it very accessable to the shopping area. Cab rides to the various restaurants in town were cheap ($5 or $6) and easy to get.
There is no beach at the property but you can snorkle off of the deck and the view from the pool area is similar to a cruise ship that never leaves port.
If you're looking for a resort with a beach or just a beach club you'll have to drive or take a taxi about 15-20 min north toward Punta Sur. The Punta Sur state park is worth the trip!
The rooms were clean but not excessively so. The bathroom showed signs of wear and could use a little updating. I would suggest a room at the South end of the property on the 3rd floor or higher. Rooms in the center of the property had a view that was partially obstructed by the roof of the lobby and were not as close to the ocean. Our 3rd floor South end room felt like it was at the ocean edge which was beautiful. Our daughter had a room on the 2nd floor of the South end which had the same great view but it was across the hall from the ice machine and service elevator which made it more noisey and damp feeling. The linens could use some updating as well but now I'm being very picky.
The property has 4 restaurant choices, Asian, Mexican, Italian and a Steak House which is set up occasionally around the pool. We had windy weather when we were there so the Steak House was only available 1 of 4 nights. The food at the Asian restaurant was fair to poor and a little odd. For example my Schezuan Chicken was served with a dollup of mashed potatoes crowned with a potato chip? I would skip the Asian restaurant. The Mexican restaurant was not that good either. We've had better Mexican food at chain restaurants back in the US. The sauces tasted like they were straight out of a can not made to order.
The breakfast and lunch buffets were good with lots of choices like fresh made omlets or burgers made to order for lunch. The snacks served around the pool were good as well. When it comes to the food I would say that they are good at basic food choices like eggs, burgers, french fries or quesadillas but fair to poor at more complex entrees.

Room Tip: South End is quieter and has a better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank IluvSIC
Lees Summit, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We have visited Cozumel Palace several times in the last 3 or so years and I can honestly say it just keeps getting better. It so nice to see the same people each time we return. They have become family to us. I could go on and on about how great the service, food, and rooms are! I have never met a group of people that make you feel so welcome and truly know the meaning of customer service.

I won't name names regarding the excellent staff because I would have to name everyone at the Palace. Anyone who has complaints about this hotel must never be happy. The Palace points are a nice perk, some people complain about the "cost" of tours, wine, etc to use the points which I find ridiculous! You are not spending your money, they are points that are given to you to use as part of your stay. Also, people may have negative comments on the Palace presentation, if you don't think you are interested then just kindly say "No Gracias" and they won't ask again. They are just trying to do their job, give them a break. If you do attend the "member presentation" just politely say after 90 minutes you are not interested. If you do decide to join just be prepared to stay longer.

The hotel itself is beautiful and clean. The food is among some of the best I have had and the service is above and beyond anything I have experienced. As I mentioned I could go on and on but I think you get idea. If you want to be completely spoiled and pampered this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view except for a few street view rooms. 3rd fl and up has spectacular views.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank atatt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We Took an all inclusive vacation with some friends, the "talent" Daniel was very rude and unprofessional to my group and me in particular. If I was in the US I probably would of punched him for the comments he made to me. The hotel, management company obviously do not care about you once the vacation is over with. Felt the male staff was completely a bunch of creepers and consistently tried to hit on female clients. Also the drinks were cheap and low quality

• Stayed February 2012
17 Thank Jerrygoldstein
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stop looking for a place in Cozumel. This is the only place you need. Amazing food, awesome staff, excellent service and smiling faces everywhere. Beautiful snorkeling, close to town and extremely helpful staff. The only tiny downside is the pressure regarding the timeshare presentation at their sister resort in Playa. But, just say no and everything is cool.

Nelson, Roger, Isabel, Amir, emmanuel and Miguel were all amazing. we can't wait to go back to see our extended Mexican family. This place is without a doubt the best place on the island.

Louis and Andrea (2nd place Mr. And Mrs. Palace) :)

Room Tip: Get the concierge room. Try to get something away from the elevators.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple