“All you want in a dive course: Friendly, patient, informative, environment cautious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BLUE Project - Dive Shop

BLUE Project - Dive Shop
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: BLUEProject - valet diving is a small dive operation providing you a personalized dive service (multi-level, computer dive) and private instructions. Our small (max 8 divers), fast boat, the Odysea, is fully equipped with safety equipment and bring you quickly to your dive location. During the trip, we provide you towels, purified water, juice, fresh fruits and pastries. Before and during the surface intervals, on a beach or pier, we prepare your equipment and change the tanks. After the dives, we rinse and store your equipment for you. Stay relax, bring your smile, we take care of everything else! BLUEProject - valet diving is an environmentally conscious company.
Menlo Park, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I found their website online and it spoke to me. As a nature/wildlife person, I wanted a PADI course with a shop who has the same visions as I and not one that just wants to attract hordes of tourists.

In the Blue Project I found exactly what I wanted. An environment cautious shop led by friendly people. Email contact was easy, effective and swift. Great advice also about local accommodations (as we didn't want to stay in the large resorts).

We were a group of 4, which is about perfect for a private PADI course. Blanca, the instructor, is a very skilled diver with a lot of experience teaching the tricks of diving. She can explain very clearly what the exercises will be under water and what you should (and what not) do. She's also very knowledgeable about the underwater life and the reef. It was also great talking to her about the dangers to the reef. Obviously you need to read the book beside the diving itself, but any questions were answered and explained in great detail. We did the course in 4 days and all 4 days you get to dive in the sea. First two days off the beach and latter two days from a boat. The beach dives are not the most scenic, but it beats a pool any time. Most of the time you don't have time to fool around any way as you need to do quite a number of exercises. When we were done with the exercises we had time left to do some sight seeing. Amazing!

We are all proud owners of the PADI now and are thankful for the pleasant experience while doing the course. We can't wait to go back to Cozumel and dive with Blanca again, for fun!!!

Visited December 2011

New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best dive experience in Cozumel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

We dove with Blanco and Paco for 4 days last year after a number of just ok previous experiences with other operators on the Island. We decided to go with them again this year and confirmed our opinion that they provide great service. Blanca has an amazing eye and you will see marine life that you would never find on your own. If you are diving in Cozumel I highly recommend Blue Project.

2 Thank kristamck
San Antonio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best diving experience, awesome people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Even though I do not consider myself an experienced diver ( about 30 dives) , I have been certified for about 7 years, and have been to quite a few places, and dive shops, and can definitely say that Blue Project is the best dive shop I have seen so far.
My wife and I had a best diving experience with Blanca and Paco
Blanca is not only a great dive master, and a great person, but she also truly loves her job.
You can tell she has a passion for diving, and it makes it so much more fun for everybody. Every time she was able to spot something underwater, she got even more exited that we did. When we saw cool stuff that you do not get to see very often, she was taking regulator out, screaming of excitement, and clapping her hands.
Somehow she was able to find and show us the whole bunch of amazing tiny critters that hide in coral or sand, some of them so little, that you need a magnifying glass to see them. By the way, she always has it with her.
Even though first 2 days of our diving Blanca could not go with us, because she was getting over bad cold, and was really congested; her and Paco went out of their way to make sure we had a good experience. They made arrangements with their fellow dive instructors Chucho and Arturo, who were great as well, and every morning Blanca or Paco they were there to introduce us, and followed up in the afternoon to make sure the dive went well.
On the 3rd day Blanca felt better, so we enjoyed her company for the rest of our trip.
Paco went with us on one of those dives, but he is mostly in the office taking care of business part of their operations. He has a degree in finances, so he makes that part run smoothly as well.
The cost is also very reasonable, especially considering what you get. All four days of diving it was just my wife and I with instructor! Well, I think we just got lucky that nobody else signed up for these days, but they told us they always try to keep the groups small.
For sure next time we are in Cozumel we will be diving with Blanca and Paco!
Stan & Yuliya

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Stan Z
Palo Alto, California
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I did two single tank dives with Blanca over the holidays and had a great time. I am not a terribly experienced diver and she was quite patient and gave lots of really great tips on getting my breathing right and learning to relax and increase the length of my dives.

Highly recommended if you're visiting Cozumel.

Visited December 2011
San Jose, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
“10 out of 10... The Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Blanca and Paco are the best!! If you want a friendly and family-like treatment then go with Blue Project.It was our first time in Cozumel and We are lucky we chose the Best dive operator...BLanca is very nice and friendly..Paco was so helpful..we saw a lot of marine life with the Aid of Blanca.They took us to a night dive which was amazing!! I would highly recommend Blue Project..we will surely dive with them again

Visited January 2012