“All you want in a dive course: Friendly, patient, informative, environment cautious”
Review of Blue Project

Blue Project
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: BLUEProject - valet diving is a small dive operation providing you an intimate and personalized dive service allowing for unrushed multi-level, computer driven dives. We offer one on one private instruction. Our small but very comfortable (max 8 divers), fast boat, the Odysea, is fully equipped with safety equipment, DAN oxygen, and modern communications. It allows us to bring you quickly and safely to your favorite dive sites. During the trip, we provide you with towels, cold purified water, juice, fresh fruits and pastries. Both before and during the surface intervals, which are spent on a beach or at a pier, we will prepare your equipment and change over your tanks. After your dive day, we will rinse and store your equipment for you. This allows you to relax and arrive at the boat and leave the boat carrying only your smile. BLUEProject - valet diving prides itself on being an environmentally conscious company.
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I found their website online and it spoke to me. As a nature/wildlife person, I wanted a PADI course with a shop who has the same visions as I and not one that just wants to attract hordes of tourists.

In the Blue Project I found exactly what I wanted. An environment cautious shop led by friendly people. Email contact was easy, effective and swift. Great advice also about local accommodations (as we didn't want to stay in the large resorts).

We were a group of 4, which is about perfect for a private PADI course. Blanca, the instructor, is a very skilled diver with a lot of experience teaching the tricks of diving. She can explain very clearly what the exercises will be under water and what you should (and what not) do. She's also very knowledgeable about the underwater life and the reef. It was also great talking to her about the dangers to the reef. Obviously you need to read the book beside the diving itself, but any questions were answered and explained in great detail. We did the course in 4 days and all 4 days you get to dive in the sea. First two days off the beach and latter two days from a boat. The beach dives are not the most scenic, but it beats a pool any time. Most of the time you don't have time to fool around any way as you need to do quite a number of exercises. When we were done with the exercises we had time left to do some sight seeing. Amazing!

We are all proud owners of the PADI now and are thankful for the pleasant experience while doing the course. We can't wait to go back to Cozumel and dive with Blanca again, for fun!!!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"started diving"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We dove with Blanco and Paco for 4 days last year after a number of just ok previous experiences with other operators on the Island. We decided to go with them again this year and confirmed our opinion that they provide great service. Blanca has an amazing eye and you will see marine life that you would never find on your own. If you are diving in Cozumel I highly recommend Blue Project.

2  Thank kristamck
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Even though I do not consider myself an experienced diver ( about 30 dives) , I have been certified for about 7 years, and have been to quite a few places, and dive shops, and can definitely say that Blue Project is the best dive shop I have seen so far.
My wife and I had a best diving experience with Blanca and Paco
Blanca is not only a great dive master, and a great person, but she also truly loves her job.
You can tell she has a passion for diving, and it makes it so much more fun for everybody. Every time she was able to spot something underwater, she got even more exited that we did. When we saw cool stuff that you do not get to see very often, she was taking regulator out, screaming of excitement, and clapping her hands.
Somehow she was able to find and show us the whole bunch of amazing tiny critters that hide in coral or sand, some of them so little, that you need a magnifying glass to see them. By the way, she always has it with her.
Even though first 2 days of our diving Blanca could not go with us, because she was getting over bad cold, and was really congested; her and Paco went out of their way to make sure we had a good experience. They made arrangements with their fellow dive instructors Chucho and Arturo, who were great as well, and every morning Blanca or Paco they were there to introduce us, and followed up in the afternoon to make sure the dive went well.
On the 3rd day Blanca felt better, so we enjoyed her company for the rest of our trip.
Paco went with us on one of those dives, but he is mostly in the office taking care of business part of their operations. He has a degree in finances, so he makes that part run smoothly as well.
The cost is also very reasonable, especially considering what you get. All four days of diving it was just my wife and I with instructor! Well, I think we just got lucky that nobody else signed up for these days, but they told us they always try to keep the groups small.
For sure next time we are in Cozumel we will be diving with Blanca and Paco!
Stan & Yuliya

1  Thank Stan Z
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I did two single tank dives with Blanca over the holidays and had a great time. I am not a terribly experienced diver and she was quite patient and gave lots of really great tips on getting my breathing right and learning to relax and increase the length of my dives.

Highly recommended if you're visiting Cozumel.