All reviews rooms are clean main plaza great location hot water community fridge inner courtyard kitchen area ferry from playa del carmen air con walking distance a great stay cable tv stayed here for nights ceiling fan recommend this hotel the hotel staff san miguel
Reviewed July 18, 2018

Well, my wife wears certain jewelry for Cozumel so when we returned home she put the bag back in her jewelry case and didn't bother to look at it again until we were going on a short trip. At first, she thought she had lost her earrings; then she missed her bracelet, then 2 rings and finally her necklace. Now we cannot prove they were taken there but we left the hotel and flew directly home so you make the decision. We liked staying by the plaza but will not return there.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank TonyDSR
car8, Director General at Hotel Mary Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Dear guest,

I´m sorry to hear you are missing some personal belongings, unfortunatly i don´t have your name and the date you stayed with us to check when it could happened.

In our Hotel we care about our guests safety, therefore we have a surveillance system and our rooms are equiped with safe boxes; we also ensure our staff´s trustworthiness.

I´m affraid your personal belongings could´ve been lost on your way to your destination, either between airports, on your way to the ferry, or your transfers to any of the other points before arriving back to your home. The fact is you didn´t checked your belongings here, so it´s kind of hard to blame us if you´re not sure.

Please be certain that, one again, we relay in our staff´s trustworthiness.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2018

We normally travel booking in all inclusive 4 or 5 stars and we were pleasantly surprised after our choice to spend a night in this nice little hotel. Great location centro San Miguel 2 minutes from de ferry from Playa Del Carmen, lovely staff, and we found a charming family of turtles in the inner courtyard. I recommend this hotel without hesitation! Try it and give me your feedback!!

Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank Christian L
car8, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Mary Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Dear Christian,
We really appreciate your feedback. I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Mary Carmen during your stay in Cozumel. I hope we managed to make it special. Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful little hotel in the heart of Cozumel. The price was super reasonable and the accommodations were fantastic. The room was very nice. It is very close to the ferry and loved the fact that so close to many restaurants. There is a kitchen that is available for use downstairs so if you need a fridge or freezer for anything, its perfect for any dietary needs, keeping beverages cold, or leftovers. Staff was wonderful and very accommodating. We would defiantly stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Curiosity772651
car8, Director General at Hotel Mary Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel MaryCarmen during your stay in Cozumel. I hope we managed to make it extraordinary and special. Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Quaint boutique hotel right where you want to be! Clean with all the basics you need. Very friendly staff that answered all our questions with a smile. Hot showers, TV with a few English channels and cool air.
We are already saving up for the next trip!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GARhondaK
car8, Director General at Hotel Mary Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experiencie. See you in your next holidays! It’s really a pleasure for us.

Reviewed May 21, 2018

Cutting to the chase, clean room, cold AC, staff super friendly and helpful.The first night my hot water would not shut off in the shower. I think it was 8 pm or so but anticipating a night of splattery noise, I let management know so that they cold contact a plumber first thing in the morning. Bam! Dr. Drip was there in less than an hour. Proudly showed me the offending gasket after a 10 minute repair and humbly apologized for my inconvenience.
The welcome cards describe how the guest is to receive 2 small bottles of water. The operative word here is small. Cutest little things you ever saw. I did not receive mine until the last day but did not have the heart to drink them as I could not justify putting that much plastic into the environment for so little benefit. I benefited more from the chuckles then the hydration and for that I consider it a positive.
As in their picture of the beds seen at the website, those colorful tiles that look like a headboard are set back in a recess about 8" deep. Pretty, but a pain if you want to sit up in bed and read or type out a review as I am currently doing. But, I would not be the classic ugly American if I did not find something to complain about. Oddly enough, the depression is the perfect depth in which to put my roller carry-on and a couple of pillows to lean on. Crisis averted.
No fridge in the room, community fridge in the common area which worked just fine for me. Pretty much had the whole freezer part to myself. Ice is life.
No coffee maker to serve my addiction but after my first day at the OXXO on the corner, the young lady always had their coffee maker at mid drip when I arrived with my 20 oz cup on my way to the dive boat. Just chemical cream substitute at OXXO but, did I mention the community fridge at HMC? Good place to store whole milk...bought earlier at OXXO...to put in the cup first.
I was disappointed to see the lack of divers here. Not for me but for the facility. Possibly a seasonal thing. The people that I was otherwise forced to put up with were lovely Mexican families and the most interesting young folks from Europe. The tales of their lives and travels seriously cut into my hours of television viewing. Oops, another positive.
Never had breakfast here as I always had to be to the boat before breakfast is offered.
Pretty much anything you need is nearby. Easy walking distance for some great restaurants and dive shops. Because of that, more reviews coming.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank SkyMastersHangGlidin
car8, Director General at Hotel Mary Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2018

That´s a very interesting review! thank you so much for sharing your experience and for been host with us. We hope to see you back soon!