5,468 results
All reviewsstar friendsdressel diverspink flamingosfishsteak restaurantwater shoestenderloindive shoptex mexrooms are smallswim up barsand fleasspecialty restaurantsrocky beachother resortsmain buffetshows at night
Reviewed February 16, 2018

Great resort. Entertainment staff (Star Friends) really puts out a super effort. Fire show on the beach was fantastic. Good food and drinks. Whole staff extremely friendly (Hola)

Low spread out building give a rain forest feel. You can snorkel and see a few fish from the ladder on the pier. entering water from the beach is rocky

Room Tip: Ground floor units easier for seniors, second floor stairs
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Quality Manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for investing your time to share your personal impressions about your recent visit to IBEROSTAR Cozumel.

We are pleased to know that you had a great holiday with us and enjoyed of our gastronomic offer, shows, beautiful facilities, and outstanding service. We have already sent your comments to our Star Friends; they will feel delighted to know that every single effort they do and their hard work has given you an amazing vacation.

We look forward to welcoming you again really soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a great trip to the Iberostar in Cozumel. It was a decent resort, and a great place to relax! The employees are all very friendly and accommodating! We found the restaurants and buffet a little confusing at first. There is always a buffet available but there are three a la carte restaurants that require reservations. The breakfast and dinner buffets are beside the lobby but the lunch buffet is by the pool and changes to the a la carte steak house in the evening. The food was decent. We were able find a good variety at every meal.
I liked that the rooms were in bungalows rather than one big building. All the lush vegetation and animals made it feel more like an escape from the daily grind.
A couple negatives: people save beach chairs with towels or other personal items and then don't sit in them.
Also there was a terrible sewage smell around the tennis courts and the gym that would waft its way to our room (only a couple buildings up) every afternoon and evening. Really putrid. Not appetizing when walking to dinner or trying to run on the treadmill. The last day we were there the wind had changed I guess and the smell was in the lobby/breakfast buffet so that was gross.
I might stay here again if I could find a good deal but I would not be able to handle a room near the sewage.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurelb01

Dear guest,

We highly appreciate the time you took to write your review about your recent experience at IBEROSTAR Cozumel.

It is rewarding for us to know that the highlights of your stay were our gastronomic offer, beautiful beach and facilities, and above all the friendliness of our staff.

Allow us to mention that we have a strict policy that forbids reserving the sunbeds and our security department verifies this policy is being followed. In case somebody reserves them for more than one hour without making use of them, security will kindly remove the towels and personal belongings from it. Nevertheless, we do not take your opinion lightly and we will reinforce this policy with our guests and staff.

On the other hand, allow us to inform you that we have suffered from issues in our water plant system that treats the water and not a sewer leak as it seemed. The appropriate corrective measures have been taken and we have emptied the entire plant starting a new procedure to treat the water. The problem has been resolved but unfortunately after a couple of weeks. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences this mishap meant to you and the enjoyment of your stay.

It is in our wishes to have the opportunity to welcome you again in a near future.

Reviewed February 15, 2018

My family and I spent a few days here over Christmas. First thoughts was the resort is very well kept, beautiful grounds. Lots of critters to see. We stayed in a suite which was spacious, clean, and offered nice amenities. The staff was upbeat and friendly. All and all we enjoyed the resort. They offer scuba along with some other beach activities. My only gripes were the food and the beach. The Food: While it was good for an all inclusive, it just left me wanting more. It got alittle bland after a day. I felt it was same flavors just presented differently. The Beach: The sand was pretty and the beach was clean, it is a coral reef area "Most of Cozumel is." It is very hard to enter the water from the beach without getting torn up by the reef. They do have a pier where you can get into the water much easier. I was just looking forward the running into the water from the beach, not happening here. In conclusion Iberostar treated us good, outside the few things mentioned, it is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ryan M

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your recent vacation at the beautiful Island of Cozumel.

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay and the comfort of your room, the attentive and friendly service of our staff as well as the beach activities, we appreciate you letting us know your highlights.

Regarding to your comments, we truly regret that our gastronomic offer did not met your expectations. We assure you that our Executive Chef strives every day to offer our guests an ultimate culinary experience, so with great concern we read we were not able to fulfill your expectations in this aspect. We will share your opinion with our Chefs since your feedback is valuable and of utmost importance for our everyday improvements.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and rediscover the beauty of our hotel and our service.

Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

This was my seventh time at the Iberostar Cozumel, and it is my home away from home when I go to Cozumel. The staff is wonderful and friendly, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, and dining has great variety, and the grounds are always beautiful. This hotel is located near the best dive sites and has a great dive shop on site. But above all the staff and the service is second to none on the island.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank sjmcclaren

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review regarding your recent stay at IBEROSTAR Cozumel.

We appreciate that you have allowed us the honor of serving you again. Rest assured that we will share your comments with our team as exceeding the expectations of our guests and offer a truly exceptional experience, is our main goal. They will be thrilled to read your kind words!

It will be an honor for us to become your second home at this beautiful destination; please do not hesitate to contact us for any future assistance.

Reviewed February 13, 2018

Me and my wife decided to go to the Iberostar in Cozumel to check it out and see if we would stay in the future. We were staying at the Iberostar Tucan. We arrived they treated us very nice. we proceeded to walk to the beach grounds where very clean and nice. Beach was very nice water was crystal clear. You have to go out on the dock to get into the water due to the rocks close to shore. water was very clear and fish everywhere, great for snorkeling.

Room Tip: Did not stay only a day trip
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Kenny K
Quality Manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Dear guest,

It is our pleasure to know that your day spent at IBEROSTAR Cozumel left such wonderful memories.

We are pleased to hear that you have experienced an awesome visit in our property thanks to the services and attention provided by our coworkers.

It will be an honor to receive you in a near future to provide you with another wonderful stay at Cozumel Island.