“Good Experience.”

Pepe Scuba Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a PADI International Resort;located inside the Coral Princess Hotel.Open to the Public,offering 2 Tank Boat Dive trips,with pick up service from other locations.All levels-PADI Dive Certification Training,Snorkel trips,Night Diving,Equipment Rental.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 14 October 2015

I just spent a week at the Coral Princess and dove with Pepe three times. It was an excellent learning experience for me as I had never dived in Cozumel before. My first dive was a little bit scary,I was diving with a very experienced group and was not ready for the strong current we had that day especially on the first dive, but got through it and was better for it. Great Hotel, Very good dive shop staff, the only advice I would have is make sure you have a good partner/preferably someone who has dive Cozumel before. The only complaint I would have is some of the novice divers were kicking the crap out of the coral and there was no mention of the care of the reef while I was there. Abides really knows where to find stuff, stay right with him and you will see amazing stuff, unfortunately for me I was so concerned about staying back and out of the current I missed a lot of what he had to show.Like I said my first dive was hairy for me; at times I felt I was quite a distance from anyone because I just didn't know how to dive with these currents.

Frank F, General Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2015

Thank You for taking the time to share your experience.Some days Mother Nature kicks up the velocity of the currents and her mood swings also cause general weather changes.We are fortunate to have many repeat divers with varying degrees of experience.You did very well with your first experience to Drift Diving and hope you will return.Reef awareness is very important and I will remind the DM,S to make sure to cover this important point in their dive briefing.The DM is responsible to lead the group.This includes safety,and foremost watching all the divers,not just showing you stuff on the dive.Sometimes we forget to mention this as we have many repeat and experienced divers as you mentioned.This is no excuse and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.Hope to see you again.

All reviews
"marine life"
"boats"
in 93 reviews

Reviewed 19 September 2015

I am in transit on my way home from Cozumel and reflecting on what a wonderful week of diving I had with Abdias & Pepe Scuba Dive Shop. I specifically went to Cozumel to complete my Advanced Open Water Dive Certification, which I achieved with Abdias' instruction and guidance. I then went on to dive an additional seven dives including a night dive and wreck dive with a number of really fun people that I met at the resort. Frank, the owner, processed my advanced card while I was there, the dive boat captains, Valente in the shop were tremendously helpful & Abdias was a great guide who helped me become a much better diver over the course of the week. He also has an eagle eye for all things big and small underwater that make the dives even more delightful!! I highly recommend that anyone interested in some great diving dive with Pepe Scuba Dive Shop!! I will be back for sure!!

1  Thank SMSTraveler
Frank F, General Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2015

It was a pleasure meeting and having you dive with us.We had a Great group of divers and weather to make the week easier to get to some of the more challenging dive reefs.Thanks again for your visit and the time to share your comments.Hope to see you soon.
Regards
Frank and Gang

Reviewed 13 September 2015

Diving with Pepe Scuba in Cozumel is always a pleasure and wonderful experience.
The rates are as good as you will find, the staff the best you can find, and their flexibility to go to any reef that the divers want to visit and are qualified to visit. Scuba, snorkel, instruction and qualification are all available. If you are not staying at the Coral Princess, the shop will pick you up at your vacation location. Cruise boating...no problem in making your departure on time. Quite frankly, I find Pepe Scuba to be the best dive operaion I have ever worked with. Fun and safety are their number one priorities.

1  Thank Sherwood C
Frank F, General Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and hope the comments may help others.It is always a pleasure for us.Everyone tries their best so all can have a nice scuba experience.It is certainly A BONUS FOR ALL that we had an excellent group of divers during your visit.The cohesion of all aboard made it an excellent 12 days of diving.Thanks again
Frank ^ Gang

Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

Spent three days diving with these guys, we did a refresher course and then 4 dives. It's very convenient from the coral princess hotel as you can go straight in to the boat from there. All the times we were diving the groups were small and the dive sites we were brought to were all fantastic.

1  Thank roundtheworld53
Frank F, General Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Thank you for your comments.You have travelled a long way to visit us and dive and enjoy our beautiful Cozumel Island,its people and culture.Glad you had a nice experience.Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday in Mexico.Have a safe return home and hope to see you again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 August 2015

We did five days of diving with them. It's very convenient to dive just out of the coral princess resort. We also saw some people diving out of downtown. They were picked and dropped off at the pier in downtown. Just be sure to ask if they will be mixing certified divers with other taking certification on the same boat. It happened once to us that we found out at the dive site that the Dm was going to be down at 100 feet with a father and a son certifying them as advanced and we were supposed to meet them later during the dive. There were strong current and suddenly we saw the son coming down out of nowhere, totally disoriented and falling into the depths out of the wall. Wasn't it for my dive buddy and I that we grabbed him and took him with us, God knows what might have happened. A few minutes later we found father and Dm taking selfies with the go pro totally unaware of the lost kid. Back into the boat we found out that father had only 9 logged dives and 15 year old son had 6 dive logged and they were being certified as advanced divers!! Back on the store we talked to the other dive master and requested to dive only with him for the remainder of the days. Valente was the good dive master that took us the rest of the days and Abdias the one with the incident.

3  Thank argie_adf
Frank F, General Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Thank You for taking the time to express your comments.We do not always get it right but everyone at Pepe Scuba tries their best.The incident date was unfortunate as the currents were very fast and tricky.Divers showed their competence levels on prior dives but prior logged dives ,given to Instructor Abdias were not correct.As we dicussed after the dive, He should have used better judgement.Fortunately,we dive as a group and many THANKS to you and your Buddy for the assistance.Hope to see you again and Thanks again.