Open today: 8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights

Another great trip

Reviewed July 11, 2018
Jeffrey M
via mobile

All reviews coral princess dive shop fastest boats the reefs great diving safe operation these guys lion fish rental equipment first class operation fast boat great trip two tank visited cozumel nurse sharks cruise ship dove
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We dove with Abdias (sorry if I spelled it wrong) on the first day and Luis on the second day and everything went great. My girlfriend needs to descend slowly to equalize and everyone was very patient. They showed us some great stuff on the beautiful reefs. They charge a little more than most of the other ops for the usual AL80, two-tank dive but by the time you add taxi fare to town to get picked up by another op it works out to about the same. For $15 US (California prices) you can rent a tank and weights and do a shore dive from the hotel. We found the diving right along the shore to be the most interesting and saw lots of stingrays, a couple of morays, lots of coral and sponges and urchins, a couple of lionfish, and lots of the usual, smaller fishes. Since most of the dive was less than 15' our bottom time was 1 hr 38 mins and we still had some air left.

Frank F, Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hola Amigos:
Glad you had a nice visit to Cozumel.You got the spelling right on the names.Hope to see you again if your world travels return you to our beautiful island.Thanks again it was our pleasure to dive with you.
Frank and Gang Pepe Scuba Dive Shop

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Coral Princess hotel and decided to dive at Pepe’s. The first day, I was grouped with rather new divers and we came out of the water a little early. Still, the dive sites were nice and I saw 2 turtles! Luis was the DM that day.
During the second dive, I was cruising along and all of a sudden we can upon a group of very inexperienced divers. They were all over the place and myself and another guy briefly separated from our group. Then, all of a sudden we see someone harassing a turtle. The diver was tugging on its fins. I was really pissed! I started banging my dive stick on my tank and the only reason I didn’t immediately go over was that I had already misplaced my group. Out of the blue, another dive master swam down and ripped the gloves off the diver irritating the turtle. I was delighted.
Back aboard the boat did I learn it Luis our DiveMaster that been annoying the turtle.
I DO NOT condone this behavior from someone who is supposed to be an underwater role model.
The next day, my girlfriends and I asked Luis for one dive and he offered a shore dive basically but said if we paid for the boat we could go farther. What a waste of time and money! All we did was drift and see the sandy bottom. The last day, Sergio was our dive guide and it was wonderful. He baited a hook and fed 2 nurse sharks. Very professional and we had a great time.
My only other complaint is the cost. Pepe charges $10 more than other dive shops I found on TA. We only used them bc we stayed at the hotel.
With 200 plus dives, I’ve been on far better boats that offered a lot more comfort and more snacks than Pepe’s.

3  Thank stewad-s
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Now their shop is located in the Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort Cozumel and the great benefit is that the dive boat picks you up at the hotel dock. They also have a post-dive cleaning station. If you are staying at the hotel, it a perfect situation. The staff has many resources to provide the ideal dive. Equipment is well maintained and they are very accommodating.

1  Thank Thomas G
Frank F, General Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Hola Amigo:
Thanks for sharing and your time to review.We are glad you had a nice visit to our beautiful Cozumel Island All the crew tries to give their best efforts.Thanks again hope to see you again.
Regards Frank and Gang

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

We got our (last) little one certified on this trip, and Abdias was so patient and kind with her to ensure her enjoyment with diving. He makes the tough stuff look easy. I can’t say enough about the quality of these guys, and their attention to safety and detail is unsurpassed. Highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great experience diving in Cozumel!

Frank F, General Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Hola Amigos:
It's always a pleasure to meet you and happy that you had a nice visit to our beautiful Cozumel Island.Congrats to Tessa!! and Thank you again for your time and consideration to share your experience with us.Hope to see you again soon.All the Staff tries their best to make an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Another great trip with Pepe Scuba. Sergio and Abdias were fantastic. Frank thanks again for everything. Looking forward to the next trip.

Frank F, General Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Holla Amigo:
Thanks for your time to share your experience with others.It is appreciated and the Crew always ate glad to see you.Congrats on the new house and see you soon when you return.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Just had my third visit with Pepe’s in last 6 months..owner frank was taking care family issues and shop still ran like clockwork.nieces took resort class and loved it.My daughter and I dove everyday and were extremely pleases and cared for.lois,abdias and Sergio were very accommodating and diving was outstanding.Very classy dive operation and a real asset to both coral princess and Cozumel,!

Frank F, General Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Hola Amigos:
Sorry I missed seeing you.I try to stay out of the way.The Staff always tries their best and usually we have a favorable outcome,sometimes not.Glad the Family got a little taste of diving and hope to see you again.Congratulations again on your retirement!!!!Thanks again!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

There is some great diving in Cozumel and with Pepe Scuba Dive Shop you don't have to drag all your equipment with you! I cruise every year to Cozumel and always try to spend some time in the water. Last time I took my son in law, daughter and two grandchildren and we all went diving! Reasonable prices

Hola Amigos:
Thanks for your visit and time to share your experience with us.Glad you had an enjoyable trip and hope to see you soon.
Thanks again

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Pepe divers was OK but nothing more. Staff were generally pretty grumpy, rental kit was old and basically knackered. My BCD pockets that had weights in were over stretched so things fell out. Fins had no resistance left and so no force. Staff did absolute minimum. Twice we found ourselves on the 'beginners boat' doing uninteresting dives in a great dive location as they had recently qualified divers or trainees they needed to work around — we have 300 dives between us. We felt very much like just someone they were taking money off and then doing the minimum thereafter.

2  Thank James P

Hola Amigos:
Thank you for taking the time to share your visit with us.I appreciate your comments and am disappointed it was less than you expected.Our May weather and conditions were less than ideal,and we do get a mix of divers,and try to separate whenever possible.I will review details with Staff,especially the equipment.We have over 50 sets,all shapes,brands and sizes. If something was unsuitable should have been replaced with another.If it is unusable the equipment is taken out of service.Thanks again hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

I have been searching extensively for the best dive team. I was travelling with my 2.5 years old daughter, my wife and our newborn baby. Was looking for 2 dive tank that does not last until 3:30 pm like we experienced with other Cozumel team.

Big boat = lonnnnnnnng day.
Small boat get you there in no time flat!

After writing to 10 scuba team Pepe was the most responsive, polite and professional. Price were perfect and the dive team a gem.

I highly recommend this team for his professionalism and kindness.

Happy diving !

Frank F, General Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Holla Amigo:
It was a pleasure to have you diving with us,and glad you and family had a nice visit to our beautiful Cozumel Island. Thanks again and hope to see you again.All the best.

Reviewed April 19, 2018

My girlfriend and I came from the U.S. to complete our Open Water Certification with Pepes on a Saturday/Sunday. Got all of our skills out of the way Saturday, so we could fully enjoy the beautiful reefs and fish on Sunday. We were very happy with our dive instructor, Abdias, who did a great job making us feel comfortable while pointing out lots of marine life. We were so pleased, we added an unplanned day of diving on Tuesday! Pepes accommodated us by picking us up right from our hotel's dock with all the same equipment.

Almost all of the divers we were with had been coming back to work with Abdias and the Pepes crew for many years, which is a great sign as well. We hope to become one of them as the years go on.

John & Kristin

Frank F, General Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2018

Congrats to you on a Great Job..well done.You guys were great to work with,the pleasure was all ours.Thanks again for sharing your thoughts about us and your experience.Glad you had a nice visit to our beautiful Cozumel Island and hope to see you again.