“More great dives”

Pepe Scuba Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a PADI International Resort;located inside the Coral Princess Hotel.Open to the Public,offering 2 Tank Boat Dive trips,with pick up service from other locations.All levels-PADI Dive Certification Training,Snorkel trips,Night Diving,Equipment Rental.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Dove for the 3rd year with Pepe Scuba. Very clean, small but fast boats so not too many divers in a group and not too long to get down south, good snacks. Dove with Abdias and Adrian this year and both were great! Good to see you Frank and all the Gang.

Date of experience: November 2018
Frank F, General Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hola Amigos:
Sorry for the delay in responding,another Senior moment.was great to see you,always a pleasure.Thanks again for taking the time to comment about our service.wishing you all the best!!!Happy Holidays and hope to see you again.Without you as part of our family,not just clients,we would not be here,and i and staff are truely greatful.

All reviews
"visited cozumel"
in 5 reviews
"nurse sharks"

Reviewed October 27, 2018

We dove with Abdias (sorry if I spelled it wrong) on the first day and Luis on the second day and everything went great. My girlfriend needs to descend slowly to equalize and everyone was very patient. They showed us some great stuff on the beautiful reefs. They charge a little more than most of the other ops for the usual AL80, two-tank dive but by the time you add taxi fare to town to get picked up by another op it works out to about the same. For $15 US (California prices) you can rent a tank and weights and do a shore dive from the hotel. We found the diving right along the shore to be the most interesting and saw lots of stingrays, a couple of morays, lots of coral and sponges and urchins, a couple of lionfish, and lots of the usual, smaller fishes. Since most of the dive was less than 15' our bottom time was 1 hr 38 mins and we still had some air left.

Date of experience: October 2018
Frank F, Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2018

Hola Amigos:
Glad you had a nice visit to Cozumel.You got the spelling right on the names.Hope to see you again if your world travels return you to our beautiful island.Thanks again it was our pleasure to dive with you.
Frank and Gang Pepe Scuba Dive Shop

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Coral Princess hotel and decided to dive at Pepe’s. The first day, I was grouped with rather new divers and we came out of the water a little early. Still, the dive sites were nice and I saw 2 turtles! Luis was the DM that day.
During the second dive, I was cruising along and all of a sudden we can upon a group of very inexperienced divers. They were all over the place and myself and another guy briefly separated from our group. Then, all of a sudden we see someone harassing a turtle. The diver was tugging on its fins. I was really pissed! I started banging my dive stick on my tank and the only reason I didn’t immediately go over was that I had already misplaced my group. Out of the blue, another dive master swam down and ripped the gloves off the diver irritating the turtle. I was delighted.
Back aboard the boat did I learn it Luis our DiveMaster that been annoying the turtle.
I DO NOT condone this behavior from someone who is supposed to be an underwater role model.
The next day, my girlfriends and I asked Luis for one dive and he offered a shore dive basically but said if we paid for the boat we could go farther. What a waste of time and money! All we did was drift and see the sandy bottom. The last day, Sergio was our dive guide and it was wonderful. He baited a hook and fed 2 nurse sharks. Very professional and we had a great time.
My only other complaint is the cost. Pepe charges $10 more than other dive shops I found on TA. We only used them bc we stayed at the hotel.
With 200 plus dives, I’ve been on far better boats that offered a lot more comfort and more snacks than Pepe’s.

Date of experience: September 2018
3  Thank stewad-s
Frank F, General Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hola Amiga:
Some things to clarify.Your day 1 dive profile was max bottom time of 1 hour,sorry if that diappointed you.Your second dive account is not accurate as, no one ripped gloves off of anyone,maybe it was someone in the invading group.Luis touched the turtle finn and that is no no,but harrasement if any was someone in the other group.Very unprofessional of the Dm in that group to junp right on top,but unfortunaetly it happens.Sorry you missed the time for our morning scheduled dive at 8:30am BTW WE DID NOT CHARGE YOU FOR THE MISSED RESERVATION.The conditions were less than ideal that day but as a courtesy we departed for you a one tank trip,the charge to you 3 was less than the cost we incurred to take out a boat.Sorry it was less than your expectations due to the conditions ,very strong currents,our plan to try to find nicer conditions was not acheived.Thank you for bringing to my attention the events of your last day,although pleasing to you,that action is no-no of hook baiting,so i apologize for that.Finally,you could have paid a 25 usd plus daily taxi fare to travel to and from any other shop,thus your 10 usd more is not accurate.I will price match any other in writing and my package prices are the lowest on the Island.Sorry you did not enjoy our fresh fruit,cookies,water ,gourmet served on the boat.You are a very good diver,we do offer private trips,special prices do apply.Also you need to take into account that divers are all shapes and sizes and with different skill sets,as was the case with your 2 other dive buddies,not near as proficient as yourself,thus we have to work with what we got.Thanks again for your comments and glad you had a nice visit to Cozumel.Happy Holidays

Reviewed August 10, 2018

Now their shop is located in the Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort Cozumel and the great benefit is that the dive boat picks you up at the hotel dock. They also have a post-dive cleaning station. If you are staying at the hotel, it a perfect situation. The staff has many resources to provide the ideal dive. Equipment is well maintained and they are very accommodating.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Thomas G
Frank F, General Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Hola Amigo:
Thanks for sharing and your time to review.We are glad you had a nice visit to our beautiful Cozumel Island All the crew tries to give their best efforts.Thanks again hope to see you again.
Regards Frank and Gang