“the worst diving experience”

Blue Angel Scuba School
More attraction details
Owner description: B.A.D.A.S.S. Blue Angel Dive and Scuba School - PADI SCHOOL Blue Angel Dive and Scuba School b.a.d.a.s.s. has the highest educated team on the Island. INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE! Padi In house Boats and All of our team going into the water are Instructors. Our Team has invested in themselves and their work and dedication show their love of the sport. We invite students from beginner to profession to serve you. all levels. You will receive the best value for your education dollar. We have 2 working facilities to provide a completed training program including a true apprentice program. All ocean front and conveniently located in town and to all the dive reefs. If you are ready to learn, we are here for one reason: You. Welcome.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

i have been diving with them the 11th of february 2013, they are the worst diving i have ever been with and i am an aow from 3 years with more the 100 dives of exp, i have been diving in different places in the world. in the 2 dives i had with them. at the first dive 2 guides and 10 divers, they left behind 2 divers while diving in caves if it wasnt for me who caught guide attention to report that they would have lost them for sure. in the second dive it was me to get lost, no one of them notice my absence i had to find the way by myself in the ocean, i also met 2 other groups underwater, i asked them help but they rejected to help me, they even rejected to lunch ballons to let me get out from water!! . 2 guides 10 divers, they didnt split the big group in 2 smaller, both guides lead the line, no one of them to close the line. they lack of basic rules of dive guide. once out from the sea i reported the guide the fact, he just smiled at me and said "it is not my problem because its you the one who must follow me!!!! "

1  Thank MauroItaly
"julio"
"snorkel"
"pool"

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My Husband and I just finished a two week vacation at Blue Angel. We had the opportunity to see the Eagle Rays at the North End of the island (30+ in a squadron); it was an awesome sight.

Thank You Kari for your excellent courses. Thank you J.P. for helping me out and your positive comments on how I handled the sistuation when my mask failed on one of the dives; sorry I couldn't use yours.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We arrived at Cozumel needing our final 4 open water dives to complete our PADI certification. The dive school was very responsive over email. Finished our 4 dives with Andres (ask for him, he is awesome)
Totally professional and fun shop. Every dive we went on during and after certification was a lot of fun. Really a well run place.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family of 5 spent New Years day 2013 with the Blue Angel Dive Shop. I have been diving recreationally for 20 years. My son was scheduled to finish his PADI open water certification on Dec31st in Grand Cayman but the shop there did not have enough personnel available. With 18 hours notification Blue Angels arranged for Ugo to be his instructor for the day. Ugo was fantastic and my son completed his open water certification with 2 magnificent drift dives. We had fantastic visibility, and saw turtles, eagle rays, stingrays, lobsters, crabs, and a large green moray in the context of terrific corral heads and spectacular swim throughs. Of the 18 dives that I have done in the western caribbean this month the wall dive we did on Santa Rosa reef was second only to the bloody wall at little Cayman Brac. Cudos to all the folks at Blue Angel. Happy New Year!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'm always suspicious when all reviews say only excellent things, but you know what? Sometimes a company is just that good. I did a PADI Deep Diver course with Matthew at BASS during a month-long dive vacation on Cozumel - initially because I wanted to do some deep dives and the resort couldn't promise them. The course work is what you would expect from PADI. We went over the knowledge reviews on the boat heading for our first of four dives.

Anyway, long story short: I had a great experience with BASS and I agree with another reviewer on Tripadvisor... Matt is a great instructor. He makes sure you know the material, but moreover, he makes sure you enjoy what you're learning. The four deep dives we did together were some of the best, most relaxing dives of my entire month.