“Best dive shop with best prices”
Review of NIrvana Dive shop

NIrvana Dive shop
More attraction details
Owner description: We focus on providing a tailored and friendly service, ensuring that you have the time of your life in a safe and professional environment. With a full range of diving services, NIrvana Diving School, offers small groups and scuba diving experiences packed with great fun and breathtaking memories!
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

We are experienced divers (with 100 dives between us) and we did 7 dives with Socrates (the owner) and his team ,(other instructors, boat captain) including a wreck dive and a night dive and all the best sites on the island over 4 days. Super-professional, super-nice and always patient and accomodating. Gear is decent and in good shape. Under the water they are sharp, alert and knowledgable, which increases the chances of seeing more, and they know where to look: we saw huge crabs and lobsters, turtles, sharks, morays, amazing eagle rays, baloon fish showing off and various types of octopus in a crazy display of shape and colors. Socrates will take your pics and video under water and share them with you freely. Also he is an unfailing source for all kinds of useful recommendations like where to eat or go out.

There are newer reviews for NIrvana Dive shop

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

We booked with Sacrates at Nirvana diving from a recommendation of our Airbnb host.
What a wonderful man. He can directly to our place to meet with us to go over our skill level, the dives he had planned and the price.
The next morning he stopped by to walk us to his dive shop to meet up with the other divers.
After patiently fitting everyone into the proper size gear he put us all in a cab to meet him at the boat launch.
The 2 dives were wonderful, he matched us perfectly with the other girl we were diving with.
His crew was very professional, and courteous.
I have dove in Cozumel one other time with a different dive master but nothing compared to Nirvana.
I would recommend if u are a beginner or experienced.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Four days with Socrates and Josue! Super nice and had so much fun!

Strongly recommend and would return if ever go back to cozumel.

Oh and he's good at responding email requests too, so it was a plus for planning ahead of time.

Socrates C, Manager at NIrvana Dive shop, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2016

Hi Thank you very much for your comments we do apprecitte a lot , and also again thank you for dive with us!! we hope to see you again in the future. Regards.

Socrates

Reviewed 8 June 2016

We completed our PADI open water referral dive part of our certification at Nirvana Diving School (formerly Diver Down Cozumel). Our instructor Josue was fantastic! He used the terms we learned back in Boston in our classroom and confined water portions, making us comfortable and confident in the ocean. He was very articulate and patient with our pace, as well as an overall nice guy! For the last two dives Josua took us to the reefs in the protected areas where we saw tons of fish, sting rays and at least 7 turtles (3 different types)! The boat was fully accomidating with the crew providing drinks, water, snacks and homemade GUAC! I would definitely recommend Nirvana Diving School and hope to be back soon for our Advanced Certification.

Socrates C, Gerente at NIrvana Dive shop, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2016

Hi Thank you very much for your comments we do apprecitte a lot , and also again thankyou for dive with us!! we hope to see you again in the future. Regards.

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

Did My Advanced diver course here at Nirvana divers. Couldnt be better. Got to hold a stingray and a pufferfish in My hands, saw an eagleray, Lots of turtles and a nurseshark at My last fun dive. Also got to see a quite Big octopus during My nightdive. Enjoying it so much that I Did 2dives more after My Advanced course

Sokrates has dived in 22 years so he is a really good diver and teacher. So I am lucky that I got to dive alone with him all the dives! He also took My gopro at any Time and take pictures with me and the sealife.

My friend dis he's Open water course with the rest of the crew and he is also satisfied!

I totally recommend this diving shop and would Go here again if I come back to cozumel!

1  Thank Fredrik L