Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Amazing dive experience

Nirvana dive shop and it’s team were great! We did two reefs dives with them. The staff really care... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Daniel M
via mobile
Great diving experience with Nirvana Dive shop

We had our first diving experience with Kevin and Socrates. They are great instructors explaning us... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
g_kimmy

All reviews dive shop amazing diving some great photos diving experience an amazing experience great company coral reef marine life personal service these guys small boat open water certification cruise ship visiting cozumel a lot of fun instructor crew
Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

We are experienced divers (with 100 dives between us) and we did 7 dives with Socrates (the owner) and his team ,(other instructors, boat captain) including a wreck dive and a night dive and all the best sites on the island over 4 days. Super-professional, super-nice and always patient and accomodating. Gear is decent and in good shape. Under the water they are sharp, alert and knowledgable, which increases the chances of seeing more, and they know where to look: we saw huge crabs and lobsters, turtles, sharks, morays, amazing eagle rays, baloon fish showing off and various types of octopus in a crazy display of shape and colors. Socrates will take your pics and video under water and share them with you freely. Also he is an unfailing source for all kinds of useful recommendations like where to eat or go out.

Date of experience: October 2016
socratesc3, General Manager at Nirvana Dive shop, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Hi Dan, thank you so much for leaving us this review. It really helps us out as well as other divers trying to make their minds up for Cozumel Dive Shops. Come back soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

We booked with Sacrates at Nirvana diving from a recommendation of our Airbnb host.
What a wonderful man. He can directly to our place to meet with us to go over our skill level, the dives he had planned and the price.
The next morning he stopped by to walk us to his dive shop to meet up with the other divers.
After patiently fitting everyone into the proper size gear he put us all in a cab to meet him at the boat launch.
The 2 dives were wonderful, he matched us perfectly with the other girl we were diving with.
His crew was very professional, and courteous.
I have dove in Cozumel one other time with a different dive master but nothing compared to Nirvana.
I would recommend if u are a beginner or experienced.

Date of experience: October 2016

Hi CherylwithJim, thanks for trusting in us! It was a pleasure to help you in having a great dive! Looking forward to dive with you again!

Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

Four days with Socrates and Josue! Super nice and had so much fun!

Strongly recommend and would return if ever go back to cozumel.

Oh and he's good at responding email requests too, so it was a plus for planning ahead of time.

Date of experience: July 2016
Socrates C, Manager at Nirvana Dive shop, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2016

Hi Thank you very much for your comments we do apprecitte a lot , and also again thank you for dive with us!! we hope to see you again in the future. Regards.

Socrates

Reviewed June 8, 2016

We completed our PADI open water referral dive part of our certification at Nirvana Diving School (formerly Diver Down Cozumel). Our instructor Josue was fantastic! He used the terms we learned back in Boston in our classroom and confined water portions, making us comfortable and confident in the ocean. He was very articulate and patient with our pace, as well as an overall nice guy! For the last two dives Josua took us to the reefs in the protected areas where we saw tons of fish, sting rays and at least 7 turtles (3 different types)! The boat was fully accomidating with the crew providing drinks, water, snacks and homemade GUAC! I would definitely recommend Nirvana Diving School and hope to be back soon for our Advanced Certification.

Date of experience: May 2016
Socrates C, Gerente at Nirvana Dive shop, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2016

Hi Thank you very much for your comments we do apprecitte a lot , and also again thankyou for dive with us!! we hope to see you again in the future. Regards.

Reviewed April 23, 2016 via mobile

Did My Advanced diver course here at Nirvana divers. Couldnt be better. Got to hold a stingray and a pufferfish in My hands, saw an eagleray, Lots of turtles and a nurseshark at My last fun dive. Also got to see a quite Big octopus during My nightdive. Enjoying it so much that I Did 2dives more after My Advanced course

Sokrates has dived in 22 years so he is a really good diver and teacher. So I am lucky that I got to dive alone with him all the dives! He also took My gopro at any Time and take pictures with me and the sealife.

My friend dis he's Open water course with the rest of the crew and he is also satisfied!

I totally recommend this diving shop and would Go here again if I come back to cozumel!

Date of experience: April 2016