“Amazing diving!”
Review of NIrvana Dive shop

NIrvana Dive shop
More attraction details
Owner description: We focus on providing a tailored and friendly service, ensuring that you have the time of your life in a safe and professional environment. With a full range of diving services, NIrvana Diving School, offers small groups and scuba diving experiences packed with great fun and breathtaking memories!
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

We did our PADI Open Water Referral Dives with Nirvana Dive Shop based on a recommendation from friends in Dominican Republic. We are glad we listened to them!

Our instructor was Socrates who is a very experienced divemaster. I would highly recommend booking your dives with him. Socrates was very serious about safety and making sure we had a strong grasp of all diving principles.

Prices and exchange rates are very fair.
Both instructors Socrates and Joshua were very attentive.

We did our 2 first dives from the shore. Lots to see and great to refresh your skills.

The 2 boat dives are also amazing. They took us to the Columbian Reef and Dalila Reef for some incredible diving. The Cozumel fauna and corals are absolutely worth it.

Socrates was an excellent guide under water too: he did a great job at pointing out stuff for us not to miss. Joshua was taking care of everything for us, he always made sure everybody was ok and happy.
We felt very safe with these two guys.
They also shared the pictures taken during the dive for free which are a nice souvenir.

I hope we will visit Cozumel again and we would certainly return to Nirvana diving school. Thanks Socrates and Joshua!

There are newer reviews for NIrvana Dive shop

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

You would be making a mistake not to dive with Socrates and his shop. Very informative and personal diving experience, also was a great way to earn the open water certificate.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Socrates and the team were great instructors! I haven't dived for a year and they were more ham happy to run through everything with us again to ensure we were up to speed for our dive. They also shared some amazing photos with us after! I highly recommend!

1  Thank Conrad K
Reviewed 14 January 2017

Nirvana Diving treats you like family and really caters to your needs. Socrates and his staff really care more about your diving experience and enjoyment than just making a buck! They go out even with just 2 divers (and never more than 6) and go to any dive site in the park, not just the nearest reefs. They truly let you dive your air, and NEVER rush you. I have been diving for years, all around the world, and many times with many operators on Cozumel, and I have never dived with such a caring and 'just plain nice' diving staff. A friend took their Open Water course and their personalized instruction and patience was exceptional. No large groups, but conducted the course even one on one! To have this personalized caring service and having some of the lowest prices on the Island, puts Nirvana so far above so many of the other operators. I believe that because Socrates is not only the owner of the business, but actively involved as an Instructor, Dive Master, and all around concierge for your every whim, and his staff are like family, this dive operation is really really special and deserves your consideration. They will be my Cozumel dive operator from here on out!!

1  Thank Don C
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

I made a reservation for diving a day in advance and paid half of the money. On the morning, they told me that it is not possible and gave my money back

Socrates C, Manager at NIrvana Dive shop, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Hello Talha ,

First I would like to express my sincerely apologize for he inconvenience with your reservation for the dive and your valious time, Unfortunately there was a mistake done by our employer which miss that the trip for this morning was full, with first time divers that will do a shallow dive. Thats why we just could open the trip for certified diver on the afternoon.and Ufortunately we could not notify you before neither. One of our goals is to provide our divers the best experience for his trip so we thank your comment on the future we do prevent this situation again, my do apologize again . Best regards Socrates