“Cozumel - never again....”
Review of Ocean Beach Club

Ocean Beach Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: OCEAN Beach Club in Cozumel is one of the most popular beach clubs you will find ever! This amazing place is located within a short taxi ride from your cruise pier terminal or hotel and is available for couples, families and groups. Here you can enjoy the view, music, food, drinks, snorkel from shore, water toys, water activities, massage, parasailing, waverunner and buy souvenirs and more!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed April 26, 2017

This beach is a tourist trap. The people are rude, the beach is awful. Please avoid at a. all costs. We were very disappointed in our entire Cozumel experience, both here and at Paradise Beach. They charge you $17 for using their rocky, seaweed laden, dirty-water beach. The waiters are rude and ignorant - we ordered drinks and were never served. Finally went to the bar and got them ourselves. This happened twice at which point we left and went back to the ship. 5 locals decided to start a volleyball game and when approached by an atheletic American who wanted to join in the fun, they told him no and did not let him play. This is a paying American who was sitting at the bar. Save your money and don't go to Mexico....they do not like us.

2  Thank Renu S
"puerto"
"loungers"
"salsa"

Reviewed March 23, 2017

This place was within walking distance of our condo so we thought we could spend a lot of time there easily. The beach front seating was WAY too close, the vendors were non-stop and they were super pushy. Some of the staff was rude too - the guy in front of us had already paid for jet skis for his kids and when they came back, the kids got into the water on the inflatables and he was told he needed to pay $10 each for use of that, seemed ridiculous and he lost his temper (don't blame him). I would rather take a taxi and go anywhere else than this place. We have been to 7 or 8 other places, really any of them are so much better, don't waste your money!

1  Thank fordms3
Reviewed March 23, 2017

Not sure why this is not rated higher. Our multi-generation family cruises to Cozumel every Spring Break and this is the second year at Ocean VIP - best place we have been to yet. For whatever reason (commission?) the cab drivers will try to tell you there are way better places.... but we insisted on Ocean VIP and didn't regret it. Its just a 5-10 minute cab ride, the service is great, food and drinks are great..... there's tons of activities for the kids (jet-skiing, para-sailing, etc.) and it is not too expensive. I think cover charge was about $18 each? Can't remember for sure.... plenty of seats and umbrellas, fun swings at the bar. Such a great day at the beach for all and close to the port to maximize your time having fun!

Reviewed March 22, 2017

Knowing what I know about Cozumel now, I should have opted to avoid the beach and go the the ruins. I am not a fan of the tourist things, and beach clubs are geared toward nothing but. The beach is very rocky, which is not what we preferred.

The staff was not un-friendly, but they were not overly attentive either. After ordering a bucket of beers for my wife and I, it took forever before anyone would take an order for food or drinks for the kids. I think there might have been three servers for about 300 or more people, however.

I am also not a fan of having things peddled at me. I paid money to get in the club, paid for our food and drinks and every couple minutes somebody was trying to sell us something else. Maybe some of these solicitors should be hired as wait staff (?).

Anyway, not a total bust, but if I find myself on Cozumel again it won't include a visit to a beach club.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 22, 2017

Tried Ocean VIP Beach Club for the day after getting off our cruise ship. This was recommended by the local taxi guys once you exit the main terminal. They charged $17 each to get in (or you could pay an all inclusive fee of $65 for drinks/food). With the charge, you received access to their small strip of beach, adjacent to Carlo's N Charlie's, and use of beach chairs, umbrellas and water trampolines. They say they have free wi-fi, but it doesn't work well at all.
The beach itself was nice to look at, but once you got in the water, it was quite rocky on your feet. The chairs were fine and the waiters were fairly attentive/friendly. The beer buckets were 5 for $16 and were served with fresh limes and cold. Nice!
Carlo's N Charlie's next door seemed to have more action and we ended up using this facility too, especially for their yards of margaritas for $10, which included the souvenir glass and a shot glass full of tequila.
I would go to Carlo's N Charlie's next time!