“Fun ”
Review of Ocean Beach Club

Ocean Beach Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: OCEAN Beach Club in Cozumel is one of the most popular beach clubs you will find ever! This amazing place is located within a short taxi ride from your cruise pier terminal or hotel and is available for couples, families and groups. Here you can enjoy the view, music, food, drinks, snorkel from shore, water toys, water activities, massage, parasailing, waverunner and buy souvenirs and more!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

You pay a $17 entrance fee and it gives you access to the Beach, chairs, umbrellas, inflatables, and short kayak ride. For my husband and I, we felt it was worth it. We had a blast playing on the inflatables. I do have to say the Beach isn't the nicest because of the rocks and the seaweed but once you get in deeper in the water, it's nice. Also, you have vendors on site which approach you once in a while. At one point I decided to walk around and felt a little overwhelmed by the constant asking "Do you want parasailing? Banana boat? Jetski??" For those two reasons I give it 4 stars. We ended up renting a jet ski for 30 mins for $55. Overall, the food was very good. My husband and I got a Mexican platter for $20 and it was big enough to share. Most people I saw around bought the all inclusive package which is $65 and you get unlimited food and alcohol for the day. We aren't big eaters so it wasn't for us. They seem to be struggling to compete against big Beach clubs around like Mr Sanchos and Playa Mia. The taxi driver recommended this place and it seemed like the most economical option. I have no complaints with the staff. Very polite and attentive.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We went here as part of our excursion through our cruise line. Why this is offered as an official excursion is terrible and misleading. A "VIP" beach club is the farthest thing from the truth. We came here after our ATV excursion and were scheduled to stay for an hour. We were counting down the minutes until we left. It was full of pushy vendors asking you every 2 minutes if you wanted to rent a watercraft, go parasailing, or people walking by asking if you wanted pictures with iguanas or macaws. I know these people are just trying to make a living but I really dislike being pushed like that when I already paid a lot of money to be there. Chairs were hard to find and I saw several people get very upset that there no beach chairs to sit in. I walked down by the beach and soon realized you couldn't get in the water to swim because it was too rocky. Not to mention that the beach part of this club was only about 100 feet wide. Can't comment on food because we did not try it but not one waiter came over and asked if we wanted a drink. This place is a tourist trap and if you're on a cruise ship you might as well stay on the ship and enjoy the facilities on board. If you're visiting the area, avoid this beach club!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

This beach is a tourist trap. The people are rude, the beach is awful. Please avoid at a. all costs. We were very disappointed in our entire Cozumel experience, both here and at Paradise Beach. They charge you $17 for using their rocky, seaweed laden, dirty-water beach. The waiters are rude and ignorant - we ordered drinks and were never served. Finally went to the bar and got them ourselves. This happened twice at which point we left and went back to the ship. 5 locals decided to start a volleyball game and when approached by an atheletic American who wanted to join in the fun, they told him no and did not let him play. This is a paying American who was sitting at the bar. Save your money and don't go to Mexico....they do not like us.

2  Thank Renu S
Reviewed 23 March 2017

This place was within walking distance of our condo so we thought we could spend a lot of time there easily. The beach front seating was WAY too close, the vendors were non-stop and they were super pushy. Some of the staff was rude too - the guy in front of us had already paid for jet skis for his kids and when they came back, the kids got into the water on the inflatables and he was told he needed to pay $10 each for use of that, seemed ridiculous and he lost his temper (don't blame him). I would rather take a taxi and go anywhere else than this place. We have been to 7 or 8 other places, really any of them are so much better, don't waste your money!

1  Thank fordms3
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Not sure why this is not rated higher. Our multi-generation family cruises to Cozumel every Spring Break and this is the second year at Ocean VIP - best place we have been to yet. For whatever reason (commission?) the cab drivers will try to tell you there are way better places.... but we insisted on Ocean VIP and didn't regret it. Its just a 5-10 minute cab ride, the service is great, food and drinks are great..... there's tons of activities for the kids (jet-skiing, para-sailing, etc.) and it is not too expensive. I think cover charge was about $18 each? Can't remember for sure.... plenty of seats and umbrellas, fun swings at the bar. Such a great day at the beach for all and close to the port to maximize your time having fun!