“Villa Aldora”
Review of Villa Aldora

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Villa Aldora
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I just want to say how professional, kind, and clean Villa Aldora was last week. I was there for almost a week diving with them. The staff is incredible!! They will run you into town, make sure you are comfortable, clean your room every day, stop by to check on you, have cook-outs on the grill FOR FREE, you name it!! The view is incredible and you can snorkle for free right outside your room.

This place is a true 20 on a 10 scale!! Thank you Aldora for the best dives of my life, helping me on my Advanced Open Water Certification, and a great stay at the Villa Aldora!!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are really great and very reasonable.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve C

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Our family of 4 stayed in the Cameron Suite for 7 days in December.3 were divers and myself a non diver.The room was large and spacious and kept clean.Staff very efficient.Special thanks to Brent for driving us around and for helping when my credit card got eaten by the atm machine.The 3 divers loved the diving and all the staff involved.Aldora a short walk or bike ride into Cozumel.Can't wait to return one day soon.Thanks also to Kay and Greg for the Xmas get together.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mintym00
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My buddy and I were very had a very bad experience with a 5 star resort on Cozumel so we decided to move out. We found Aldora Divers, they set us up for diving and called the manager of the Villa who came to the dive store and drove us to the Villa to see the place. My buddy and I, who just wanted to dive, wasted no time in getting set up at Aldora Villa. Brent, the manager treated us like royalty and catered to our every need. We will return there again for the professional service and warm hospitality. Thanks guys you rock!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sushi2103
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed at the villa for 3 nights and did 2 days diving with aldora divers. Staff were very friendly and helpful, even giving us a lift to the supermarket shortly after our arrival for supplies. Dive boats picked us up from the villa's dock which is so easy and makes for a very chilled out start to your days diving. Rooms are comfortable and clean and great location, an enjoyable 15 minute walk along the waterfront into the touristy centre.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank psteedie
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I just got back from a 14 day Cozumel Mexico vacation. We went from 12/20/11 to 1/4/2012, It was the first time for me and my two friends on the island. The three of us went with my friends boyfriend who is an avid diver, he dove with Aldora Divers for 11 days.
Villa Aldora is a simple cozy and clean place to stay. It has a nice salt water pool. There is great snorkeling in the reefs around the house. Some villas are just rooms and some have a full kitchen with 2 bedrooms. The really great asset to staying with Villa Aldora is the managers. Super helpful, friendly willing to do whatever it takes to help you out with anything, weather its a ride to the grocery store, or into town. Great advice as where to go for dinner or activities and about how much you can expect to pay. The first night we arrived the manager was taking a guest who was super ill to the medical clinic. You really feel like family when you are there. The rooms were simple, authentic and clean. What I really liked is you can turn off the air conditioner (air conditioning usually makes me feel sick), and just have the ceiling fan on and the sliding door open, it is your choice. The view from most of the rooms is an awsome view of the brilliant colored ocean, We even had a 5 gallon purified water dispencer, for drinking and making coffee. There is a community gas BBQ and a large plapa if you want to sit out by the ocean and have dinner. I loved that there were several bikes for the guests to use, the three of us would bike ride just about every morning before it got to hot while our other friend went diving. The Aldora diving boats would pick him up every morning right in front of the palapa for a day of diving. Pretty convienent! We would make breakfast in the am and went out for lunch and dinner. Believe me staying at Villa Aldora really made our experience in Cozumel fabulous. The location of the Villa is a about a mile or so from town. It's a super short cab ride or you can ride your bike into town. You can walk, but we never did. It is close to the airport on the ocean if you want to know the location. I thought the location was great not right in town but not that far out, less than a 5 minute ride. The house does not have a beach, but they do have steps into the ocean, which I preferred, for swiming and snorkling. There are places to go via bike or cab if you want to lay out on a beach. The villa dose have a sandy area if you want to lay out. I thought I would miss a beach, but I actually preferred to just get in and swim in front of the villa getting in and out via the stairs instead of having to walk out on the sand to the deep water because you really do not know what is on the bottom of the sand that you could step on. I rated it EXCELLENT because of how nice everyone at the villa was. What is better than waking up in the morning having coffee on the ocean and it is all just a few steps from your bedroom. If you want luxery, its probably not for you, If you want to stay on the water and hear the ocean all night, this is your place! I think you have to have a diver in the group or rent one of the Aldora fishing boats to enjoy the villa.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie B
Reviewed 28 December 2011

So many options when choosing accommodation on Cozumel-but after a lot of research we chose Villa Aldora due to the excellent information on their website, the great waterfront location and proximity to town, as well as the fact we were diving with Aldora Divers.
Manager Brent provided a truly outstanding service, including taking us grocery shopping on arrival, advising on local restaurants and often insisting on driving us there himself, and always ensuring we had everything we needed during our stay. We were truly spoiled! The rooms are huge, many with full kitchens, some with beautiful ocean views, all fully equipped with A/C, cable TV, wi-fi, phones etc. We found it to be exceptional value for money. We also enjoyed snorkeling in front of the property-spotting rays, pufferfish, trumpetfish, eels, and many other colourful reef fish and sponges. The Villa also provides bicycles, which made the 5 minute ride into town a breeze. Overall an exceptional property and service and I will definitely be returning. Aldora Divers were also excellent-again after extensive research they were the best option, and they far exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Ocean view, ground floor was perfect!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Lovely little villa right on the water. When I say right on the water, I mean "Right on the Water." Out the door and just a few steps down to the ocean. We listened to waves all night crashing at our door... no better way to sleep. Brent is the new manager and never was there a kinder more attentive man. When our wireless went-out (on the computer in Cozumel?? I know..) he had it up immediately. He took us to, from the airport and into town often. The town was a nice walk that most enjoyed but we took the short cab-ride most times as we were tired from diving. And Diving is the word. People at Aldora are all about diving... outstanding dive masters and, oh, such lovely waters. I suggest you stay at the charming Villa Aldora but not when we're planning to go.. there aren't many rooms and we want reservations.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple