Review Highlights
Always my favorite store in Coz

Reviewed 4 days ago

from US$60.00
from US$29.99
from US$77.50
More Info
All reviews pancho's backyard t shirts silver jewelry great shopping quality items mexican vanilla christmas ornaments one stop shop souvenir shop art objects cruise ship pier shopping experience taxi driver clothing gifts handicrafts tequila
Reviewed 2 days ago

I will preface my review by stating that I have been to Los Cinco Soles on numerous occasions, but quit several years ago after feeling badgered by staff while looking at jewelry. I was not looking at high end designs, but some sterling silver pieces. Throughout the visit the employees were not even discreet about keeping me within an arm's length to make sure I didn't walk off with any items. I reported my concerns to the manager via e mail who said she would re-evaluate the way they handled this issue.

While in Cozumel in Oct 2018, I visited their stores which have proliferated throughout the airport. I was optimistic that they may have changed their tactics over the past few years. It was far worse during this last visit. The constant following(stalking), to the point of harassment was far worse than I encountered before. The employees didn't even act like they were interested in customer service, but more like security detail. They were rude and insulting. Nobody in our group of three purchased anything from them even though they had some attractive pieces.

I am sure this place will always do a decent business as they seem to have a monopoly at the airport. Personally, I will continue to shop at Sergio's or Etsy for similar, if not superior products.

Reviewed 4 days ago

All around, something for everyone. Reasonable prices. Good quality. I have purchased clothing, jewelry, gifts, home deco and a telavera sink. Love it all!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This huge store chalked with everything under the sun, Mexican art work to sterling silver jewelry, even a restaurant/bar.
Little walk from cruise ship but worth it if you like authentic and different works of art.

Reviewed October 13, 2018

Lovely store located at the end of the shopping area at the cruise ship pier in Cozumel when traveling with Carnival. Good selection of crafts and keepsakes for Mexican travels. Nice restaurant attached surrounded by greenery and across from a small plaza. Strolling mariachi band playing in the plaza was a nice touch.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Head to town for this fabulous store! It's a beautiful shop featuring well-arranged areas which are filled with beautiful crafts, Christmas ornaments, pottery, linens, clothing, art work, spices, Mexican chocolate, and just about anything else you are looking for. I bought a wonderful hand-crafted gift for our granddaughter's First Communion here. Though it is far nicer than other shops, the prices are very reasonable. After shopping, relax in Pancho's Backyard Restaurant at the rear of the store for fabulous margaritas. If you are a light drinker, you should probably have someone else finish the glass for you. There is a smaller Los Cinco Soles in the port area, but I recommend the downtown location if you have time to reach town from a cruise ship.

1  Thank Carolynvk
Reviewed September 17, 2018

There is a Los Cinco Soles located in the Puerto Maya Cruise Ship pier area and it is connected to Pancho's Backyard at that location which is a short walk from the pier exit to the very pretty self-contained shopping area. This shop is very colorful with a lot of nice things with a local flavor. Shop there and have a great rest right next door at Pancho's.

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Best souvenir shop on the island. Third time visiting Cozumel. Bypassed all the other vendors and took the taxi directly there. Great quality, reputable merchandise. Plan on spending at least 30 minutes browsing the store.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

We spent the day at Mr. Sanchos and on the way back to the port we had our taxi driver drop us here for some quick shopping. I like to buy the vanilla there and I love looking around the store. There is a great variety and the prices are very reasonable. It really is a perfect “one stop shop” for all your souvenirs!!

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

I went to Los cinco soles in the cancun airport in the duty free area. It was perfect for last minute gifts. I bought some magnets, cups, ornaments, salt and pepper shakers, and a bunch of jewelry for myself. They even had cool hand painted ceramics that were pretty but I just didn't want to carry that around. The only real downside is that you can't buy stuff from them online except for the vanilla.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

We love shopping at Los Cinco Soles! When we cruise to Cozumel, we always take a cab downtown for shopping here and lunch at Palmeras. Los Cinco Soles has two locations on the main street. This is the larger of the two. It is a good place to find authentic pieces handcrafted in Mexico. There are trinkets, expensive pieces, clothing, and jewelry. There are so many things to choose from, I have a terrible time deciding what to take home! We will be returning to Cozumel next June and this will be a definite stop during our visit.

1  Thank 2disland