US$270
Bookit.com
US$175
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$99
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$79
Playa Azul(Cozumel)
US$175
4,286 results
All reviewssky barpreferred clubpreferred poolswim up roommarket cafepreferred arearoom servicebarefoot grillpreferred roomcoco cafemanatee poolocean viewswim up barpool conciergefoam partysister resortfish
Reviewed February 23, 2018

I will say this. It’s not the newest or biggest place but it was very relaxing. If there was something you needed, all you would have to do is ask. The staff was great. We had a Valintine dinner on the pier and proposed there. Our waiter Mannuel was awesome. He did a great job and took amazing pictures and a video of the special occasion. Highly recommend you ask for him.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank jwex33
SeaczEconcierge, Management area at Secrets Aura Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Dear jwex33

Thank you for invest some of your time to write your experiences with us.

It is a real honor to know that you chose us for this special occasion, we are always doing our best to offer an unforgettable stay. We appreciate your objectivity and w can assure we are going to improve our facilities.

Thank you for the special mention to Manuel, we are going to share these comments with him.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We wish you all the very best in the future and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed February 22, 2018

Stayed at the hotel during the week of February 11 to February 18 . I stayed in an ocean view room. The room was well represented by the pictures on the hotels site. Large room with a king size bed, and a great view. Ate at all the restaurants. Food was amazing Staff were very accommodating and I would stay at the resort again . The junior suites seem to attract patrons that were interested in games and swim up bar Ocean view seem to attract patrons more interested in a relaxed vacation

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms are a larger size and also offer a quieter stay
5  Thank tscammell
SeaczEconcierge, Management area at Secrets Aura Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

Dear tscammell,

Thank you for taking some of your time to write your review with us.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed our resort, the amazing views and restaurants, we are glad to see that you could eat in all our them and we hope you could try our sister proprty, as a guests in Secrets you have complimentary access.

We are happy to know that you are interested on visiting us again.

We hope to see you soon and you can let us know prior arrival.

I remain at your service
info.seacz@secretsresorts.com

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

Overall the resort is a 3 or 3.5. The staff were great. Javier and Winnie from events and Pablo from the sky bar standout. The beach area is nice although getting into the water is tough as it is full of rocks, etc. This is a problem at much of the island; not just Secrets. We had a preferred room, ocean front junior suite and our room was not nearly as nice as advertised. Throughout the resort it needs updating, painting, etc. We’ve stayed at Secrets in Punta Cana and it was much nicer. There is no real benefit to the preferred section as they don’t check room keys, no real separation of the preferred area exists and no priority seating when there is a wait at a restaurant. These were features in Punta Cana. Restaurants were okay, nothing great. The Market Cafe has a very good buffet breakfast. For dinner Bordeaux was good and De La Mario & Portofino (neighboring resort restaurants) were good. The Sky Bar is a must for watching the sunset.

I would not return to this resort again but would stress the staff was wonderful and it sure beat shoveling snow.

4  Thank Todd P
SeaczEconcierge, Management area at Secrets Aura Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Hello Mr. Todd P

Thank you for taking the time to write an informative review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us.

We appreciate your opinion about our wonderful location, it helps us to offer you a fun and relaxing vacation in Cozumel, as you could see to access to the ocean is a little rocky this is due to our proximity with the reef barrier which offers us an extraordinary snorkeling.
regarding the rooms have taken notes of the inconvenience with the updating of some of our rooms, we are going to be working on those.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor your constructive feedback. We wish you all the very best in the future and we hope you will consider staying with us again, as we are confident we can provide a better experience.

I remain at your service

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

The location, ocean, service and food were really good! Never had to stress over seating at the beach or pools. Friendly staff and felt very safe. Not a bunch or young partying kids, but a bit loud by the pool at times. Especially motivating people down the water slide! Rooms were “Ok” we didn’t have the “premium” room.

2  Thank Livingstonfamily

Dear Livingstonfamily,

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed our location, service, and food, we are always working to improve our areas and services and we are happy to see that we reach your expectation.

We have taken notes of the opportunity areas we are going to be sharing this with our entertainment manager and management area.

we look forward to having the opportunity of hosting you back on a renewed opportunity to redeem your confidence our resort and service.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

I stayed here for two nights while visiting Cozumel. The hotel is about 15-20 minutes by taxi from the pueblo and ferry port (I came in from Playa del Carmen by ferry). The hotel is located next door to Sunscape, which I actually considered staying at, not knowing they were "sister hotels". However, I chose Secrets because it's only for adults. I went for a walk to explore the grounds at Sunscape, and it was definitely nice as well, but probably more suited for and geared towards families with younger children. The buffet at the Portofino restaurant was lacking in options, to put it mildly and I ended up just eating the rice the one time I tried the buffet over there.

Anyway, back to Secrets;I was greeted with a wet towel and a glass of champagne on arrival, which was a nice touch. I was also upgraded to a "preferred guest" room, which was definitely appreciated! However, I did notice the sewer smell every now and then and the air con was dripping on the bed at times (there were two large beds in the room and I was fortunately sleeping on the other one!). The best part about the room was the bathroom. It's nicely decorated and modern. Has a shower and a bathtub and a separate toilet room within the bathroom. I loved all the bathroom amenities, such as the sunscreen lotion with SPF 15, toothbrush and toothpaste. I also liked that the body lotion, sunscreen, shower gel etc. were fairly big sized (40 ml) as opposed to what they usually are at hotels. Slippers and robes were also available.

The hotel is basically located right at the beach, and this was extremely convenient and very beautiful waking up to. Lots of hammocks around too (some even in the water!). As for the food, it was OK. I really liked the breakfast buffet. The dinner was also good enough, and lunch was descent (Market Cafe). I also tried the Windows a la carte restaurant which was nice as well, but portions were very small (as is normal in these kinds of "fancy" restaurants). I also tried the Oceanic restaurant on my first day, but service here was extremely slow. I had to ask for my soda after 10 min. of waiting and for the tortilla chips accompanying the guacamole and the pico de gallo. However the place was crowded and staff probably overworked, I don't know. Service at the other restaurants were perfect.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and wish I could have stayed longer. Hope to come back one day!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank JulieNB89

Dear JulieNB89,

We appreciate you have taken the time to share such an enthusiastic review about your recent visit to Secrets Aura Cozumel.

Thank you for the information and tips shared with our community, it is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed our services and facilities and you could explore our sister property.

We are going to be waiting for you, please do not hesitate for contacting us to help you in your future vacations.