“Great MUSA and reef dive and snorkel”
Review of Mundaca Divers

Mundaca Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a dive shop located in the heart of downtown Isla Mujeres. We take divers out daily to the many wondrous dive spots around the island. We also offer LA MUSA Museun Subaquatic of Art Mexico Diving and snorkel tours, to Isla Contoy, and rent snorkel gear. From May until September, we offer the Whale Shark tour where people have the chance to snorkel with these gentle giants. Please contact us for more information!. 'ask for the private trip to the whale shark'
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We did a combo snorkel and 2-tank dive with Mundaca. Isaac was a great dive master -- make sure you see his underwater magic tricks! We had three divers and one snorkeler. MUSA and Manchones reef are great shallow destinations where both divers and snorkelers can have a great experience and Mundaca handled the combo group perfectly. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

A great diving operation. We did an afternoon 2-tank dive with Zack, and a night dive with Issac, and it was an excellent experience. Everyone, including the manager, was very friendly and kind, and the process was painless, a fair price. It was a short 3 min walk to the dock, and just about 15 min boat ride to the reefs. The night dive was ending our week-long dive trip on a high note. We saw the bioluminscence, and plenty of turtles, lobsters, sea slugs, sea urchins, and my favorite, an octopus! Felt safe and professional.

Our afternoon dive was a rather larger group than my preference, but I think that is just happenstance, and was not even that large, but we'd been spoiled with small groups. We totaled 7 guests for afternoon dive, but just 3 for night dive. If you haven't done a night dive, I think this is a great place to do it, not that deep, fair amount of moonlight penetrates through, and currents were not strong.

1  Thank stangawizi
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My friends and I had a GREAT time diving with the crew at Mundaca Divers. Zack,Pedro,Gustavo, and the Captain were all very friendly and accommodating. Zack, being a native Texan, spoke English and Spanish. We had a great time diving and plan to return next time we are in Isla Mujeres. We also snorkeled with the Whale Sharks, which was a unique experience. The crew did a great job getting us up close to the action. Thanks again guys, we will definitely be back!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

What can I say Mundaca Divers is the only dive shop we will visit whenever we visit the island in the future.

Pedro / captain so sorry I forgot his name were outstanding. They took us to la MUSA and then to second dive at a gorgeous reef. Pedro thank you for making me laugh so much. You made my experience more precious. Your passion for preserving the reefs of your home compares to none.

I can't believe I forgot his name. Please correct me if I am wrong (Gustavo). He is simply an amazing person, period. Not even just an employee. He went out of his way to please us. He tried very hard in letting us know he was there for us. He does a very hard and physical job that can easily be overseen. I am very surprised not to have read reviews mentioning him. Regardless, you are doing an amazing job.

We left Isla Mujeres speechless. We got to swim with a 39' whale shark (dream came true).

Thank you Mundaca divers team for making our experiences very memorable.

Your friends from Miami - Mark & Yudi.

1  Thank Yudi L
Reviewed 24 July 2017

I brought my fifteen year old goddaughter and her nineteen year old sister to Isla Mujeres to get some more experience under the water, having gotten them certified last year in Hawaii. I wanted to snorkel with whale sharks as well as go diving, so I picked this outfit, which came recommended and does both.

The diving exceeded all expectations for myself and for the girls, and we also had a wonderful day out snorkeling with the whale sharks. The staff were all very friendly and attentive, and helped make the first week of recreational diving for the kids a huge success. The divemasters and instructors took extra care to take us to locations that would better develop their skills over the course of the week, and build their confidence so that they learned to be more and more comfortable under the water as the week progressed. By the end of the trip, the girls were looking forward to doing more and were ready for bigger adventures in diving in the future. I couldn't have asked for more.

I wish I could remember everyone's names, because all the captains, support staff and divemasters were fantastic. Every single one of them had a great attitude and made the trip fun for us. They also were willing to help out with info on things where to eat, how to rent a car, and one of them even plays live music around the island at night, so we had the inside track with the band when we went out for some night life. They weren't just trying to sell me a service, they really helped us have a great time.

Special thanks to Quetzal, Isaac, Zach, Hermanos (?), and Pedro, whose names I do remember. Thanks to you, this week was a memory I'll cherish with the girls for the rest of my life.

mundacadivers, Manager at Mundaca Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you very, very much for you comments we rilly appreciate good feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of diving again with you some day soon. From all of us here at mundaca diver, Salud!!