“Whale Sharks and Tropical Storm Harvey”
Review of Mundaca Divers

Mundaca Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a dive shop located in the heart of downtown Isla Mujeres. We take divers out daily to the many wondrous dive spots around the island. We also offer LA MUSA Museun Subaquatic of Art Mexico Diving and snorkel tours, to Isla Contoy, and rent snorkel gear. From May until September, we offer the Whale Shark tour where people have the chance to snorkel with these gentle giants. Please contact us for more information!. 'ask for the private trip to the whale shark'
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Found this shop and Isaac greeted us with a friendly smile and lots of information. We went on the Whale Shark Snorkeling Tour and it was great. The experience was phenomenal and our guide was great. On the way back we ran into Tropical Harvey. Their first concern was for our safety and reassured us without sweating...well, I think it was just the rain on them. I was impressed by the care they showed a young lady by herself to ensure she was fine and taken care of... of course my friends and I helped. We didn't get to dive with them due to the weather the next day, but we would've!

All reviews
"ceviche"
in 16 reviews
"tropical storm"

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We did a morning 2-tank dive with Isaac and Pedro. From our first enquiry, Mundaca were friendly, flexible (and open on Sundays!). We did 2 reef dives, that were both beautiful and saw a wide array of fish, lobster, etc. The dive sites are very close to shore - only 15mins by boat - and close together, which is ideal for those without sea legs.
We were 5 divers on the trip (4 certified). As this was my first time, Isaac guided me through while Pedro went with the others. Though I was feeling a little anxious after the short safety demonstration, when we got in the water Isaac was incredibly patient letting me repeat the basics until I felt comfortable and was encouraging throughout. He was a real professional - I felt very safe under his watch and was able to relax and enjoy the experience. My first scuba dive was awesome, I would love to do it again, and this is in large part thanks to the team at Mundaca divers!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We did a combo snorkel and 2-tank dive with Mundaca. Isaac was a great dive master -- make sure you see his underwater magic tricks! We had three divers and one snorkeler. MUSA and Manchones reef are great shallow destinations where both divers and snorkelers can have a great experience and Mundaca handled the combo group perfectly. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

A great diving operation. We did an afternoon 2-tank dive with Zack, and a night dive with Issac, and it was an excellent experience. Everyone, including the manager, was very friendly and kind, and the process was painless, a fair price. It was a short 3 min walk to the dock, and just about 15 min boat ride to the reefs. The night dive was ending our week-long dive trip on a high note. We saw the bioluminscence, and plenty of turtles, lobsters, sea slugs, sea urchins, and my favorite, an octopus! Felt safe and professional.

Our afternoon dive was a rather larger group than my preference, but I think that is just happenstance, and was not even that large, but we'd been spoiled with small groups. We totaled 7 guests for afternoon dive, but just 3 for night dive. If you haven't done a night dive, I think this is a great place to do it, not that deep, fair amount of moonlight penetrates through, and currents were not strong.

1  Thank stangawizi