“Disappointing...”
Review of Marina Paraiso

Marina Paraiso
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

We booked a room with ocean view but you literally hat no ocean view at all...
the rooms were clean but need renovation...
The staff was really nice.
We were very disappointed the way the "management " treats their customers. The manager "Alex " was really unfriendly.

We had some family issues back in germany and had to leave 4 days earlier and they didn't even give us any refund or any percentage. She wouldn 't even bother talking to us. We stayed there already 5 nights.

We wouldn't recommend this Hotel. No beach, no ocean view and no nice atmosphere.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louis W
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Managing Partner at Marina Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

We too are disappointed but with your unfair review. When you booked through the third party site, you would have seen our cancellation policy as well as the description of our hotel. Marina Paraiso is located on the bay with a marina. When you booked two days before your reservation, you credit card was not accepted. When you arrived a day early for your reservation, we gladly accommodated you and charged your card in full for your stay. We pay a commission to third party sites and pay taxes on all charges. Our cancellation policy is a credit at the hotel to be used for a room in the future or in the restaurant. This was explained to you. When booking through a third party and not cancelling it with the third party, the room is not released and the commission is based on the entire stay. We still graciously offered you a credit. Possibly, you misunderstood our policy and what we have offered you.

The room you stayed in was a Bay King, #21. The photo you posted was not from your room. Both Bay King rooms were built last year.

Marina Paraiso is less than a mile from Centro and North Beach. We do not suggest in any of our hotel descriptions that we are on the beach. While we have bay views from the interior of the property, our Caribbean suites do have a private balcony over looking the airstrip towards the Caribbean. Guests that choose Marina Paraiso want a small three star hotel, just out of town with a full service restaurant and two pools. People who would like an ocean view and the beach should choose one of the many hotels located in Centro.

We do sympathize with you having to leave early for family issues. We also recommend people traveling look into travel insurance in case they do have an emergency.

My regards,

Reviewed 14 December 2016

I booked this hotel having stayed in town loved the pool bar and restaurant i booked a p0atio room thinking they looked over the pool sadly they at back hotel side road that said my mistake
The pool bar restaurant all very good
My problem the smells from the bedding flowery wash powder but i spoke to owners and they where very accompanadating and swapped my bedding so a great result

Stayed: October 2016

Thank you for choosing Marina Paraiso. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our Pool Level rooms would put you just steps away from our infinity pool exclusively for our guests. This is the room we would recommend you stay in on your next visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2016

We checked out of this hotel after one night. The rooms had a bad smell and I suspect mold. The rooms were very small with not enough room to put out your belongings. Rooms were dusty. Bathroom very small. However, the outdoor restaurant was great in a lovely treed setting. Saw some iguanas there. It had a pool but no beach. Good for boats.Location not close to town.

Room Tip: Some rooms had a water view or a view of the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lyngodin
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Managing Partner at Marina Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

Marina Paraiso is a three star hotel, located less than a mile from Centro with an infinity pool and a palapa bar. Pictures of each room and the dimensions are in complete detail on our third party booking sites. We received your complaints from the third party site stating our hotel was 5 miles from town, with no infinity pool, no swim up bar, no beach, there were no towel racks and the room was dirty and small. Maybe you had Marina Paraiso confused with another hotel when you were researching. On the third party site you booked on, it states that the bar is a palapa bar, we do in fact have an infinity pool with pictures, there are towel racks, the Island is only 5 miles long and we are less than a mile from downtown (a 3 minute taxi ride) and the Ocean King rooms you booked have a king bed, two nights stands, a desk with a chair, a large closet, a balcony and a decent size bathroom with towel racks. It is disappointing that we understood you were unhappy and we returned your credit card receipts to reverse your charges and yet you still give us a poor review for a stay you will not pay for. We do hope you found accommodations to your liking and were able to enjoy your time on our beautiful Island.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

We have been traveling to isla Mujeres for many years now. We usually stay near or on the beach. this time we stayed here. We couldn't have been more pleased. The grounds and pool area were beautiful and The staff excellent,. The beds were very comfortable best we have slept in on the island. Our room was cleaned daily and she did a great job. Note there is a tip basket in the little table use it you will get the best service you could want. Porfilio at the restaurant was a great waiter. And a shout out to Salvador at the bar great drinks my friend . We loved watching the sunsets from the marina pier and just looking at the stars. My wife and i love animals and the variety of birds lizards and even the cat made it fun. Thank you brad for the great place to vacation. We loved the location and while Barlito is an excellent restaurant, you have to walk a few yards to the soggy peso for the crunchy tacos on Friday lol mmmmm. It was quiet and peaceful in the poolside rooms worth the money we were in 3 and loved it. Warning don,t set the ac on 18 and then go swimming brrrrrrrrrrrrr. great ac. To sum up its a great place to unwind relax enjoy great food and drinks and make new friends. We will definitely be back in may for a longer stay a week wasn't long enough.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms offer a great view. and are quiet and comfortable 1,2,3 are ground level no stai...
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for switching up your accommodations on the Island and giving Marina Paraiso a try. Not being downtown is a negative for some visitors but with the increase in tourism and daytrippers, we sure do appreciate being less than a mile from Centro and all the busyness. At Marina Paraiso, we have the peace and quiet, the views, the beauty of our natural wildlife, Barlito and yes, great neighbors! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We also thank you for complimenting our staff on TA. They love to hear they were mentioned in a 5 star review! We hope to have you back again as guests. Enjoy your holidays.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

I spent a week here and fourth day here, my phone was taken from my locked room. When questioned by the manager as to why I didn't lock it in the safe, I told her I couldn't open the safe. I realized later the safe didn't even open because it didn't work. A day or so later, they approached me and asked if I found the phone, thinking it was misplaced in my room, and I said no. I attempted the iPhone locator but the phone had no service, which is why I didn't take it with me and left it at the hotel.

On another note, the staff is nice and friendly and they cleaned the rooms well, maybe a little too well. So other than that, it was a good stay. Don't know if it was worth it.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

As you know, we take theft very seriously. We brought in the police and we are very appreciative you alerted us of this matter and worked with us to address the issue. We are very sorry this happened. We have done a very thorough investigation and have implemented new policies to assure this doesn't happen in the future. Thanks again for working with us.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

During my stay I had my iPod stolen from my room and my phone and headphones stolen from my bag whilst being kept behind reception before our flight.

Hotel also really run down. Doors falling off, out of date Halloween decorations everywhere.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma N
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Managing Partner at Marina Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

We take theft very seriously and would have done everything possible to find out what happened, including a police report. To bring this to our attention after check out in a public forum doesn't allow us to address the issue with you and the police. If you have not yet left the Island, please contact us so we can further investigate this allegation. Thank you.

My regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2016

My wife and I spent a seven day vacation at Marina Paraiso our review. 1. Room was very clean well appointed very comfortable with a great bed and view. 2. Hotel grounds were well kept and very pretty along with the pool. 3. The staff are very friendly and helpful. 4. The restaurant Barlitos serves all three meals with a great menu, atmosphere, staff and fresh amazing food at a great price. 5. The bar is very relaxing place to have drinks food and conversation. 6. Location is great with amazing places to see and things to do. We look forward to going back.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kylesmiles

Thank you so much for choosing Marina Paraiso Hotel for your vacation on Isla Mujeres. We appreciate you taking the time to post such a nice review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and all of our amenities especially our restaurant, Barlito. We enjoyed having you and do hope you will be back again soon for another visit.