All reviewspalapa barhuge pooldive shopking roommeet interesting peoplehour securityhotel groundsfinishing touchesrelaxing hotellovely propertypool levelrent a scootercleaned dailybeds were comfortablepeace and quietgreat hostsa great place to stay
Reviewed December 14, 2016

I booked this hotel having stayed in town loved the pool bar and restaurant i booked a p0atio room thinking they looked over the pool sadly they at back hotel side road that said my mistake
The pool bar restaurant all very good
My problem the smells from the bedding flowery wash powder but i spoke to owners and they where very accompanadating and swapped my bedding so a great result

Stayed: October 2016
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Managing Partner at Marina Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2016

Thank you for choosing Marina Paraiso. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our Pool Level rooms would put you just steps away from our infinity pool exclusively for our guests. This is the room we would recommend you stay in on your next visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2016

We checked out of this hotel after one night. The rooms had a bad smell and I suspect mold. The rooms were very small with not enough room to put out your belongings. Rooms were dusty. Bathroom very small. However, the outdoor restaurant was great in a lovely treed setting. Saw some iguanas there. It had a pool but no beach. Good for boats.Location not close to town.

Room Tip: Some rooms had a water view or a view of the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lyngodin
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Managing Partner at Marina Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2016

Marina Paraiso is a three star hotel, located less than a mile from Centro with an infinity pool and a palapa bar. Pictures of each room and the dimensions are in complete detail on our third party booking sites. We received your complaints from the third party site stating our hotel was 5 miles from town, with no infinity pool, no swim up bar, no beach, there were no towel racks and the room was dirty and small. Maybe you had Marina Paraiso confused with another hotel when you were researching. On the third party site you booked on, it states that the bar is a palapa bar, we do in fact have an infinity pool with pictures, there are towel racks, the Island is only 5 miles long and we are less than a mile from downtown (a 3 minute taxi ride) and the Ocean King rooms you booked have a king bed, two nights stands, a desk with a chair, a large closet, a balcony and a decent size bathroom with towel racks. It is disappointing that we understood you were unhappy and we returned your credit card receipts to reverse your charges and yet you still give us a poor review for a stay you will not pay for. We do hope you found accommodations to your liking and were able to enjoy your time on our beautiful Island.

Reviewed November 20, 2016

We have been traveling to isla Mujeres for many years now. We usually stay near or on the beach. this time we stayed here. We couldn't have been more pleased. The grounds and pool area were beautiful and The staff excellent,. The beds were very comfortable best we have slept in on the island. Our room was cleaned daily and she did a great job. Note there is a tip basket in the little table use it you will get the best service you could want. Porfilio at the restaurant was a great waiter. And a shout out to Salvador at the bar great drinks my friend . We loved watching the sunsets from the marina pier and just looking at the stars. My wife and i love animals and the variety of birds lizards and even the cat made it fun. Thank you brad for the great place to vacation. We loved the location and while Barlito is an excellent restaurant, you have to walk a few yards to the soggy peso for the crunchy tacos on Friday lol mmmmm. It was quiet and peaceful in the poolside rooms worth the money we were in 3 and loved it. Warning don,t set the ac on 18 and then go swimming brrrrrrrrrrrrr. great ac. To sum up its a great place to unwind relax enjoy great food and drinks and make new friends. We will definitely be back in may for a longer stay a week wasn't long enough.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms offer a great view. and are quiet and comfortable 1,2,3 are ground level no stairs
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for switching up your accommodations on the Island and giving Marina Paraiso a try. Not being downtown is a negative for some visitors but with the increase in tourism and daytrippers, we sure do appreciate being less than a mile from Centro and all the busyness. At Marina Paraiso, we have the peace and quiet, the views, the beauty of our natural wildlife, Barlito and yes, great neighbors! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We also thank you for complimenting our staff on TA. They love to hear they were mentioned in a 5 star review! We hope to have you back again as guests. Enjoy your holidays.

Reviewed November 18, 2016 via mobile

I spent a week here and fourth day here, my phone was taken from my locked room. When questioned by the manager as to why I didn't lock it in the safe, I told her I couldn't open the safe. I realized later the safe didn't even open because it didn't work. A day or so later, they approached me and asked if I found the phone, thinking it was misplaced in my room, and I said no. I attempted the iPhone locator but the phone had no service, which is why I didn't take it with me and left it at the hotel.

On another note, the staff is nice and friendly and they cleaned the rooms well, maybe a little too well. So other than that, it was a good stay. Don't know if it was worth it.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

As you know, we take theft very seriously. We brought in the police and we are very appreciative you alerted us of this matter and worked with us to address the issue. We are very sorry this happened. We have done a very thorough investigation and have implemented new policies to assure this doesn't happen in the future. Thanks again for working with us.

Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

During my stay I had my iPod stolen from my room and my phone and headphones stolen from my bag whilst being kept behind reception before our flight.

Hotel also really run down. Doors falling off, out of date Halloween decorations everywhere.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma N
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Managing Partner at Marina Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2016

We take theft very seriously and would have done everything possible to find out what happened, including a police report. To bring this to our attention after check out in a public forum doesn't allow us to address the issue with you and the police. If you have not yet left the Island, please contact us so we can further investigate this allegation. Thank you.

My regards,