All reviewspalapa barhuge pooldive shopking roommeet interesting peoplehour securityhotel groundsfinishing touchesrelaxing hotellovely propertypool levelrent a scootercleaned dailybeds were comfortablepeace and quietgreat hostsa great place to stay
Reviewed January 21, 2017

After a great visit a few years ago, we returned for Christmas/New Years 2016/17. I simply cannot say enough about this budget hotel.
We tried a Bay King room this year. So much privacy, such a large patio (literally the size of the hotel room), and simply a fantastic way to spend time on Isla.
The hotel is VERY private and quiet. Though Barlitos is there (one of the best places on Isla to eat), we never heard a peep as the rooms are situated not facing the restaurant/bar. The bar onsite is welcoming, well stocked and fan. Bar has US football in English - a bonus for hubby.
The grounds are stunning and well maintained. The pool is my favorite on Isla (I like it more than Nautibeach....that said a LOT!)
Finally, the room. The rooms are budget, so do not expect a five star appointed room. In the US, the rooms could be equated to Holiday Inn or Fairfield Inn. And the price reflects this! The rooms are clean, have a fridge that works GREAT, and have a decent amount of space. The staff works hard to ensure you stay is great.
Our first night (Christmas Eve), we rolled in to town at 10 pm. Though the place was very quiet, enough staff were found (including bar staff!) to get our bags up to our second floor room and they did fix us a quick meal. This was much appreciated as I am sure they wanted to get home to their families.
The manager (Michelle) and staff went out of their way our entire 10 days to make sure we had what we needed.. One day we thought our golf cart keys had been removed with dirty sheets as we could not find them in our room. We looked everywhere! We finally asked that staff if our sheets could be looked at....All hands on deck searched all sheets in the laundry area (as our sheets had been commingled by this point). The staff looked through garbage as well, without any prompting by us. I could not believe how everyone was hell-bent to find our keys, which turned up in hubby's robe pocket (grrrr). This dedication is why we return to Marina Paraiso. The location is perfect, the place is clean, the staff is honest and friendly and the owners want you to have a stress free vacation.
Thank you, Marina Paraiso, Michelle and all other staff, for all you did to make our trip wonderful. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dianeg
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Managing Partner at Marina Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us again at Marina Paraiso this past Christmas/New Years. Your kind words about our staff and our amenities mean so much to us. We do our very best to make our guests' vacations memorable and pleasant. While our hotel is not for everyone, we sure do enjoy reading a review from a guest like you. You make us smile and assure us our efforts are appreciated. Thanks again for choosing Marina Paraiso, we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2017

I'm going to Isla Mujeres in March and just booked a 9 night stay at the Marina Paraiso. I just wanted to say that I asked a bunch of questions and received quick answers to all my questions. Thanks for making booking my trip easy. I look forward to my Stay in March.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you choosing Marina Paraiso for your vacation on Isla. By directly booking with us, we are able to answer all your questions and make your travel plans as easy as possible. We look forward to having you with us in March.

Reviewed December 21, 2016 via mobile

We booked a room with ocean view but you literally hat no ocean view at all...
the rooms were clean but need renovation...
The staff was really nice.
We were very disappointed the way the "management " treats their customers. The manager "Alex " was really unfriendly.

We had some family issues back in germany and had to leave 4 days earlier and they didn't even give us any refund or any percentage. She wouldn 't even bother talking to us. We stayed there already 5 nights.

We wouldn't recommend this Hotel. No beach, no ocean view and no nice atmosphere.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louis W
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Managing Partner at Marina Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2016

We too are disappointed but with your unfair review. When you booked through the third party site, you would have seen our cancellation policy as well as the description of our hotel. Marina Paraiso is located on the bay with a marina. When you booked two days before your reservation, you credit card was not accepted. When you arrived a day early for your reservation, we gladly accommodated you and charged your card in full for your stay. We pay a commission to third party sites and pay taxes on all charges. Our cancellation policy is a credit at the hotel to be used for a room in the future or in the restaurant. This was explained to you. When booking through a third party and not cancelling it with the third party, the room is not released and the commission is based on the entire stay. We still graciously offered you a credit. Possibly, you misunderstood our policy and what we have offered you.

The room you stayed in was a Bay King, #21. The photo you posted was not from your room. Both Bay King rooms were built last year.

Marina Paraiso is less than a mile from Centro and North Beach. We do not suggest in any of our hotel descriptions that we are on the beach. While we have bay views from the interior of the property, our Caribbean suites do have a private balcony over looking the airstrip towards the Caribbean. Guests that choose Marina Paraiso want a small three star hotel, just out of town with a full service restaurant and two pools. People who would like an ocean view and the beach should choose one of the many hotels located in Centro.

We do sympathize with you having to leave early for family issues. We also recommend people traveling look into travel insurance in case they do have an emergency.

My regards,

Reviewed December 14, 2016

I booked this hotel having stayed in town loved the pool bar and restaurant i booked a p0atio room thinking they looked over the pool sadly they at back hotel side road that said my mistake
The pool bar restaurant all very good
My problem the smells from the bedding flowery wash powder but i spoke to owners and they where very accompanadating and swapped my bedding so a great result

Stayed: October 2016

Thank you for choosing Marina Paraiso. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our Pool Level rooms would put you just steps away from our infinity pool exclusively for our guests. This is the room we would recommend you stay in on your next visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2016

We checked out of this hotel after one night. The rooms had a bad smell and I suspect mold. The rooms were very small with not enough room to put out your belongings. Rooms were dusty. Bathroom very small. However, the outdoor restaurant was great in a lovely treed setting. Saw some iguanas there. It had a pool but no beach. Good for boats.Location not close to town.

Room Tip: Some rooms had a water view or a view of the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lyngodin
Tiffany-WolrabRoil, Managing Partner at Marina Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2016

Marina Paraiso is a three star hotel, located less than a mile from Centro with an infinity pool and a palapa bar. Pictures of each room and the dimensions are in complete detail on our third party booking sites. We received your complaints from the third party site stating our hotel was 5 miles from town, with no infinity pool, no swim up bar, no beach, there were no towel racks and the room was dirty and small. Maybe you had Marina Paraiso confused with another hotel when you were researching. On the third party site you booked on, it states that the bar is a palapa bar, we do in fact have an infinity pool with pictures, there are towel racks, the Island is only 5 miles long and we are less than a mile from downtown (a 3 minute taxi ride) and the Ocean King rooms you booked have a king bed, two nights stands, a desk with a chair, a large closet, a balcony and a decent size bathroom with towel racks. It is disappointing that we understood you were unhappy and we returned your credit card receipts to reverse your charges and yet you still give us a poor review for a stay you will not pay for. We do hope you found accommodations to your liking and were able to enjoy your time on our beautiful Island.