All reviews sea glass minute walk lower unit every morning bed was very comfortable crashing waves taxis units shells isla
Reviewed November 12, 2008

We really enjoyed our stay at Punta Piedra I
It was our first time staying on the south end of the island and loved being in the pool watching the carribean waves crashing. we were hoping to snorkle while we were there but the waves were too strong during our stay.
it was helpful that there was a mini fridge and sm. kitchenette since we were away from town.

Yo <3 Isla Mujeres!

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank emilygillespie
Reviewed September 7, 2008

Stayed at Punta Piedra with my son (20s) & had an excellent time. Reading in a lounge chair by the pool & ocean in the morning, seeing the sights on & around the island during the day, quick dip in the pool in the afternoon, dinner in town trying to guess where the other tourists were from. We walked into town one day & took cabs in & out of town the rest of the time. The frig & coffee maker in the kitchenette were invaluable. There was even coffee provided. Having a TV & safe in the room was nice. We booked via Mornings in Mexico, even though we made our reservations only a few days before we got there, everything went smoothly. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed January 14, 2008

My husband and I spent December 11-29 2007 at Punta Piedra. We were very comfortable there, we were made very welcomed by Amy when we arrived and appreciated her sense of humor, her wanting us to be comfortable and to have a good time. Very laid back!! The accommodations were fine for us, we don't need a lot of fancy shamcy stuff to have a great vacation. It was very clean and tidy all the time, and I really liked the pool to cool off in when the sun actually did shine haha!! Your neighbors are certainly close, we never felt imposed upon at all. We chose most of the time to walk into town, which was a comfortable 20 minute walk which after eating all that fried food was helpful. The taxis are cheap, but we like walking so it worked for us very well. It was a nice quiet little spot in a busy world, and with the waves breaking gave us a sense of being away from town.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathryn H
Reviewed January 3, 2008

My husband and I just returned from a week stay at Punta Piedra in Isla Mujeres, and we have nothing but positive things to say about this place. Given we were traveling during the busy holiday season, we booked the property months in advance. Maria (our booking POC) was extremely helpful; she promtly answered all of our questions and even sent us very detailed directions on how to arrive to Isla Mujeres and to Punta Piedra. Amy (the owner) made us feel very welcome during our stay and even let us borrow her iron :O)

Definitely a place for the relaxed traveler who wants to experience island living... a simple room with a breath-taking ocean view and the sound of waves crashing as you rock on a hammock by the pool!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2006

My husband and I leave Saturday for yet another stay. I initially found Punta Piedra surfing the web. We were introduced to Isla Mujeres on a day trip from Cancun. We promised ourselves next time we vacationed in this area it would be on the island. I can't recall if this is our third or fourth stay but we enjoy it there. In April of 2005 we invited my brother and his family to come with us. They stayed in the house next to our unit. It's far enough from town that you can relax and have a feeling of seclusion as there are no properties connecting to the units. In reading the reviews I have to disagree with the feeling of lack of privacy. The grounds keepers no way interfered with our stay. Yes, they were out early in the morning doing their work. It gets hot "soon" at certain times of the year. They were very kind to us as were Amy and her husband. The beach may not be what people are looking for it. It isn't all smooth sand but I think the rocks enhance the sound of the waves coming into shore. I found it very soothing to listen to. The kitchen is more than adequate for your needs. It's perfecting for fixing breakfast and lunch. We always chose to dine out in the evenings. It gives you the opportunity to interact with the local people. I would like to add they are lovely, friendly people. My only regret is I don't speak their language but all in all we manage to communicate our destinations to the taxi drivers. There is no shortage of them and they are very helpful and courteous. I don't forsee us not returning every chance we get

• Stayed: April 2005, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank susieq84066