Hotel Bucaneros Hotel & Suites
Hotel Plaza Almendros(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$49
  • Pool
Hotel Bahia Chac Chi(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$87
Hotel Posada Del Mar(Isla Mujeres)
US$79
US$65
  • Pool
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$149
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

Villas Coco Resort(Isla Mujeres)
US$94
US$88
Hotel La Joya(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$122
  • Breakfast included
Nautibeach Condos(Isla Mujeres)
US$144
Priceline
Isla Mujeres Palace(Isla Mujeres)
US$584
Bookit.com
US$600
US$582
All reviewsyogurtelectric skilletthird floorsmall roomfree drinking waterbalcony overlookingcontinental breakfastconvenience storedirectly across the streettwo double bedsminute walk from the ferryair conplaya nortea great place to staycentral locationno elevatorlocation is great
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The reason I say that this is a great hotel for returning travelers is that if you have been to Isla before, then you already have "scouted" it out: You know where the great restaurants are, you know how close the beaches are, you have ridden around the island, etc. Most first timers want a beachfront hotel... which is great, but i don't mind a little walk.

So, if you are ok with the 5 minutes walk to the beach from the downtown area, Bucaneros is a great little hotel. It has all you really need in a room... clean, air conditioned, and convenient. Wi-fi in the room worked great for our phones and of course, the prices are very reasonable. If you are looking for a spa, or a pool bar, or things like that, this is not your place. If you just want a place to sleep and clean up after a day at the beach, it is very nice.

As for location it is directly across the street from Villa Rolandi's downtown restaurant on the main street, Hidalgo. It is a 5 minute walk to the islands main grocery store and a 5-10 minute walk to North Beach which is where all the beach bars, beach chairs and beds are. And all the wonderful restaurants of downtown (Qubano, Olivias, Amigos, Villa Rolandi, etc) are all just steps away. It is about a 5-10 minute walk from the ferry as well. No need for any transportation while you are on the island unless you are renting a golf cart for fun to explore the whole island.

We stayed in room 202 which had 2 beds, a nice sized bathroom and a little sitting area with a small fridge and a little dining room table. It also has a narrow but great balcony that looks over Hidalgo St. We did not notice any street noise at all, partially because we like the room cool at night and the A/C makes some noise and partially because we had the ceiling fans on high. Between the constant "white noise" of the fans and the A/C we didn't hear any street noise at all.

A note on the ceiling fans... they are solid metal blades and they spin really fast! I am 6'2" and I was convinced I was going to come back one evening a little tipsy and take my shirt off and lose an arm! It never happened, but by the end of the trip I was calling them the "death fans". So watch out for them! :)

Enjoy your trip to Isla Mujeres!

Room Tip: We liked Room 202, I did not really notice any of the other rooms but i THINK that rooms ending in "01" and "02" front the street and rooms ending in others numbers are on the back of the hotel. Not really sure.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank thegrizzatlanta
Reviewed March 31, 2012

What a wonderful hotel, very clean and tidy, open air balconies on the front and back. Over the street you have two wonderful Restaurants on Hidalgo avenue and the price is very affordable at around $75 a night. Music wafts up until 11 pm to lull you to sleep. Loved, loved loved it.

Room Tip: 202 street level
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank kimmied03
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I just stayed five nights at the Bucaneros Hotel. Prices on Isla Mujeres have skyrocketed since I started going there in 1982. This is the first time I didn't stay at a hotel with a beach or ocean view, but since I'd just spent two months at a rented beach house in the Yucatan, I was okay to have a room without a view. I started in a $52 a night room on the 2nd floor (like an American third floor). Didn't like all the stair climbing, and since my room still wasn't made up at 3 pm when I needed a nap, I saw the door to room 103 was open, on the first floor. Light was streaming in from both windows, and the pale yellow walls made the whole room look warm and inviting. It was available, so I moved in within 10 minutes, and my rate went down to $42. I LOVED coming back throughout the day to my cozy little room (with air conditioning and WIFI so I could do Skype and talk to my family back home, plus check emails). The very nice bathroom was just steps from my comfy bed. The whole place was spotless, with nice furniture. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank FreezinginMinnesota2
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We went with a large group of friends, and from the pictures we were pretty excited to see this place. We were put in a room on the third floor in the back, which we later dubbed as the "servants quarters". On any given day we were unsure if we would get towels, clean sheets or toilet paper. Some days they left 1 towel and 2 wash clothes, others it was no towel 1 wash cloth and 3 hand towels. The A/C was broke for the first two days and we froze the first night and were sweating the second night. None of the remotes worked. Wifi did not work on the third floor, had to go down to the lower levels. We rarely had enough hot water for my both my husband and I to take showers. Our room was not particularly clean by any means. Other rooms were more spacious and some people did not seem to have problems getting their amenities. Breakfast was minimal at best. The staff was not truly helpful, just kind of smiled and ignored you. Also, we were unaware that you had to take stairs to all floors which was hard on some of our friends who are older.

Choose wisely.

Room Tip: Lower floors and towards the back is quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Allison S
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Hotel Bucaneros is a very impressive small hotel located in the center of everything. The rooms were very clean and very fine linens and towels. The breakfast was great and served in a nice dining room. Wi-Fi also very good. Great price and great staff. We highly recommend the Hotel Bucaneros.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple