“AMAZING!!”

Ruben's Restaurant Isla Mujeres
Ranked #15 of 256 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ruben's Restaurant offers Mexican, seafood and international food. Breakfasts, lunch and dinner. In El Centro, Isla Mujeres.
Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

I think it is the best mexican restaurant in Isla Mujeres. Amazing food, amazing service!! They have sometimes live music.

Jackieinpdx, Public Relations Manager at Ruben's Restaurant Isla Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2018

Thank you for your kind review Raluca! Ruben’s Restaurant appreciates your feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,490)

Reviewed February 1, 2018

This place is really delicious, and prices very moderate for an eatery frequented mostly by tourists. The sopa de lima (lime flavored soup with chicken and vegetables) is exceptional: Really well seasoned, lots of vegetables (rare here) and very good cuts of chicken. All dishes are good but that soup and pescado a la diablo (spicy fish) are my favorites. The owner Ruben is also a really nice guy, and each year hosts a drive to give toys to local children - the last one I saw had toys piled from floor to ceiling, all for donation. I loved the food and felt good about eating there.

Reviewed January 30, 2018

We had walked by Ruben's on a few occasions and noticed how popular it was. Eventually we decided it was time to give a try and we did! We went in the mid-afternoon when it wasn't too busy. I had the filete empanizado which I have always enjoyed on my visits to restaurants around Mexico. Today was no different! I wish that we had been staying longer on Isla Mujeres so that we could try more of the menu. The next time!!!

Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

Rubens offers a wide menu, and the staff is very friendly. A good place for Mexican food, but also for a nice breakfast, if that’s your call. You can sit inside, or enjoy your food in a small courtyard, just next to the restaurant. If you are at the way to the beach, you can also easily enjoy a light meal, since it’s at the way. Good service.

Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

A small and charming restaurant with great staff and good food. It's a place where you can have your breakfast, lunch and/or dinner.