“Best Vacation-Home EVER”
other travellers have booked this property
Dipping pool on the Caribbean.  This could be you! Dining, Living
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View from the porch
Dipping pool on the Caribbean.  This could be you!
Dining, Living
Living/Dining room, other view.
Other view of well-stocked kitchen. We love to cook!
Other view, master bath
Other view second bedroom, private balcony on Caribbean. (this pic was taken before some remodeling)
View from 2nd bedroom
2nd floor bathroom
3rd bedroom
3rd Bedroom, other view
Original Isla Folk art commissioned for us, in living room. Find your favorite Isla landmarks!
Sunset from the rooftop terrace
Dipping pool at night.
Front door of Casa Chulita. Bienvenido! Welcome!  Have a seat :)
Entry of Casa Chulita, where you find your beach towels and other supplies.
Comfy chair.  If you were in it, you'd be 15 feet from the Caribbean!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Karen B
“Best Vacation-Home EVER”
Reviewed December 14, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

Absolutely fell in love with Casa Chulita and Isla Mujeres! I can't wait to return next year. We stayed November 13-20, 2015.

This vacation rental exceeded my expectations. Everything from the location to the amenities were perfect for my first vacation on Isla Mujeres. The property owner and the property management staff were both very responsive and made sure that I was satisified with my vacation experience.

This is a 3 story house with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The first floor has a mini pool that is next to the malecon or sidewalk right along the waters edge. I'd estimate that the ocean is about 4 yards from the mini pools edge. One day the weather wasn't conducive to getting in the mini pool, but all other days I enjoyed spending some time cooling off and relaxing in this pool while watching the ocean's waves. So beautiful! There is a gas grill out by the mini pool, which I didn't use, but will next time.

The kitchen is also located on the first floor. This kitchen is really well appointed, so if you like to cook or want the convenience of cooking some meals rather than always eating out, you'll be very happy. Having a full size fridge was awesome!

Something that I didn't expect was that there was a huge automatic bottled water dispenser. I'm not sure what the size was: maybe a 5 gallons or so sized bottle. Plus there were a handful of similar sized bottles when you used one up. So, this was a big bonus, since I expected to have to go to the grocery store to buy many large bottles of water.

There is a bathroom on each of the 3 floors which is really handy. You don't need to run up or down a flight of stairs to reach a bathroom. Regardless of which floor you are on, one is nearby.

The second floor has the 2nd master bedroom and a 3rd bedroom. I considered the master bedroom on the 3rd floor to be the "best" one since it was on the top floor with an en suite bathroom, but I found myself enjoying relaxing with my morning coffee on the 2nd floor balcony many times during the week. There really isn't a bad place for viewing the ocean. :)

On the second floor there is a living area for watching TV, videos, or selecting a book to read. A bookshelf with a variety of interesting books and DVD's of TV series provides additional entertainment if you need it. There is a stereo system that has speakers running through the house, so it was lovely to have music running throughout when chilling out from the day's adventures.

The thrid floor has the master bedroom with a balcony that has an outdoor shower and double bath/hot tub. On the opposite side looking toward the street and towards Cancun is a palapa covered roof with table and chairs. Yet another fun view! Also, want to mention that the third floor bed was so comfortable. Best sleep ever! An to wake up and be able to see the ocean was wonderful.

Other conveniences:
1) The property managers setting up travel to and from the Cancun Airport with instructions on the ferry to Isla Mujeres. Everything was a piece of cake. No difficulties at all. Piece of advice if you haven't travelled to Mexico before or if you need a reminder: There are people insdie the airport that appear to try to help you as you are exiting from the baggage claim area to your waiting taxi or van. Don't stop! These are timeshare reps who are trying to get unweary travellers to sign up for timeshare presentations. Make sure you know ahead of time where you are to meet with your transportation from the airport. Again, DON'T STOP! Don't worry about being rude. Keep going until you get completely outside the airport building.
2) Renting a golf cart for all or part of your stay. The property manager will arrange this for you, too, if you wish. It is a bit on the expensive side, so plan ahead for how many days you think you'll really need this.
3) The location of Casa Chulita is conveniently close to downtown and the lovely North Beaches (Playa Norte). Walking distance unless you have difficulties or pain when walking. I enjoyed the walking path (malecon), but a golf cart will come in handy if you need an alternative.
4) Just a few doors down is a restaurant called La Lomita. Very convenient and very good black bean soup.
5) I didn't have a bad meal the whole week on Isla Mujeres. Standouts include: Fantastic breakfast at Polo's Mango Cafe and great whole fried fish special at Jax's sports bar.

I will definitely return next year and have been telling my friends to rent Casa Chulita if they get a chance. Although only 2 of us stayed this time, Casa Chulita has 3 bedrooms, so I'll return with more friends next time. Enjoy!

Note: There is a notebook that provides you with instructions for the house and recommendations for activities and restaurants. Also, there was some snorkeling equipment available for use in the entryway cabinet, so I won't bring my flippers next time.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Mini pool, beds, location, kitchen, views (loved it all!!!)
Liked least: Did not dislike anything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Large groups
4 Jan 2016
Karen and her guest were lovely! We would be happy to host them again anytime!
MonicaSto...
Levittown, New York
“We could not have asked for a more perfect place on Isla Mujeres!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

We were so lucky to have found Casa Chulita for our first stay on Isla Mujeres! The house is impeccably maintained and perfect in every way! The top floor bedroom has a fabulous deck with a hot tub and beach chairs to get some sun - and wake up to the ocean every morning! The second floor has a wonderful large bedroom and a smaller bedroom that is perfect for a teenager or two. Every need we had was provided for us at this house by Dede - The house is perfectly situated in town on a quiet street and only a few doors down from one of the best restaurants! The dipping pool was our favorite place to hang out since it's right on the ocean. Thanks so much to Dede - we will definitely be booking again!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The dipping pool and the top floor suite
Liked least: Nothing!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Large groups
27 Jul 2015
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Casa Chulita! We welcome you back anytime! Thanks for your lovely review!
Texan
“We loved CASA Chulita!”
Reviewed May 25, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

This newly remodeled home is perfect unless you have small children. Three couples rented the home and we enjoyed everything about it. Watching the sun rise while laying in bed is such a treat! There are four patios, a dipping pool, outdoor shower, well stocked kitchen, and outdoor grill. It is located on the Malecon so people watching is great. A few doors down in La Lomita which is a great little cafe and there are plenty of other restaurants nearby. Hidalgo is a 5 minute walk and Playa Norte easy walking distance. The beds were very comfortable which isn't always the case in Mexico.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View, sound of the waves, and location
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
28 May 2015
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Casa Chulita! Isla Mujeres is a magical place and we strive to have our home be a "home away from home" for our guests. For families who have small children, we have childproofing materials. We don't set them up when there are only adults. We hope you will return to Casa Chulita!
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Travelling group: Friends
26 May 2015
Thanks so much for your kind words. We hope our guests find a slice of heaven at Casa Chulita and do everything we can to make your stay very comfortable. We have finished our remodel so hope you will love it even more on your next trip! I look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again, Dede
ty b
elpaso
“Great Location”
Reviewed January 25, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

Very good location close to the ferry and all the restaraunts and bars. The house has everything you need including a washer and dryer and full kitchen. Would highly recommend this rental.

Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
4 Feb 2015
Thanks! We totally look forward welcoming you back soon!
CDMANN123
Cumming, Georgia
“Great Location and Awesome View”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

First, I must brag on Mundaca Reality. They handled everything professionally from the time we made our reservations until the time we left. They responded to our needs timely and were quick to respond to emails. Stephanie met us on arrival and went over everything in the house. She made us feel welcomed and gave us some good suggestions for places to eat. If this house does not meet your needs, I would still recommend talking with Yazmin at Mundaca to see what they can do to help you find a property to rent.

Now about Casa Lobos:
This trip was our second visit to Isla and we knew we wanted to be on the North End.
The location was perfect for us. It is within walking distance of everything on the north end including a short walk to the ferry. We did rent a golf cart and there was plenty of parking near us. There is also a small mercado basically next door. The couple that ran it were great neighbors and their friendliness reminded us why we love going to Isla. There were also 2 bikes that you can use. Which 2 of my sons did use to ride to the north beach.

The house itself is cozy if you do not mind a few stairs. It was my wife and I and three college age kids. My wife and I took the third floor and the kids took the second floor to sleep but most of the time we were all on the first when not sleeping. Plenty of room for us and really had room for more. Having a bathroom on every floor was really nice.

During the day we mainly opened the doors and let the ocean breeze flow through the house. This kept us comfortabe. The second floors back bedroom street side was the warmest but as long as we turned on the Ac after sunset and placed a fan in the door it would cool off to be comfortable but not real cold. All the beds were comfortable and the area is quiet at night. Nice kitchen and a small grill allowed us to prepare some meals and not eat out all the time.

The view of the ocean was amazing. I like to get up early so most mornings I would get up and drink my coffee and watch the sun rise over the ocean. You can see it set on the other side of the house on the third floor patio as well.

Casa Lobos was perfect for our needs. Mundaca and the owner were great to work with and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
23 Jul 2014
Thank you so very much Charles! We all truly appreciate your comments! This is by far the BEST review we have received like, ever! I think it's awesome your kids got to enjoy the bikes and you all had a great time! I do also enjoy to let the doors open and enjoy the fresh Caribbean Breezes!
Thanks again, it really means a lot for us that you have enjoyed the stay and for sure we look forward welcoming you all back again!!!
melissa d
Chicago, Illinois
“Breath taking views, perfect location”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I, our 2 yr old son, and my parents all stayed in this house for a week and a half in February. Talk about paradise! This house was plenty big for all of us. And it could easily accommodate more. We only used 2 of the 3 bedrooms. My husband and I stayed in the rooftop bedroom since we like to sleep with the air on and it had its own separate air conditioning unit. We loved the ocean view private patio, mostly because of the outdoor shower and jacuzzi tub. It was pretty fun taking a bath under the stars! My parents stayed in the master bedroom downstairs, which also had a private ocean view patio. They had coffee out there every morning and even saw dolphins one day! The living room was plenty big for us to set up my sons pack and play for him to sleep in. There was also a tv and dvd player so we could watch cartoons before bed which was nice. Most days, if we weren't at the beach, we all hung out on the big open roof top area. There were 2 big benches or perfect reading nooks…or napping spot for my husband! I found a kiddy pool for $10 at the grocery store in town that we set up in the shaded area for our 2 year old, which he loved. The mini fridge up there was nice so we didn't have to go up and down the stairs every time we wanted a beer or snack. The best part by far was the view of the sunset from up there. It was absolutely breath taking!

The location of this house was perfect for us. There’s a walkway in back along the ocean that we walked every day that lead into town. It was a great way to avoid  the shop owners and “hey Lady, almost free for you!”  It took us maybe 5 minutes to walk to down town and 15 min to the beach. We only had to take a cab when we went to El Garrofon on the other side of the island and to Chedraui to go grocery shopping. I would describe that store as the Mexican mix between Wal-Mart and sams club! Both times we were able to get a cab either right outside the front door or on the main street which was only 1 block over. There were also 2 smaller grocery stores with in walking distance to get fruit and beer and all the basics from. My mom and I took advantage of the stocked kitchen so we weren't eating out 3 meals a day.

My only complaints would have to be the ants that showed up in the kitchen if we didn't clean up every crumb. I’m pretty sure that happens anywhere in Mexico though.

We all had an amazing vacation and definitely plan on renting this house again on our next trip.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: views, location, cleanliness, amenities
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
5 May 2014
Thanks so much! We are really happy that you enjoyed your time on Isla and at Casa Lobos! We look forward to welcoming you again sometime soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing