“Nice hotel for families”

InterContinental Presidente Merida
Ranked #17 of 103 Hotels in Merida
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice hotel for families”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The rooms are clean and big. The reception staff was very friendly and accommodating. We arrived without reservation and even gave us an upgrade. Good location. We only stayed for one night so cannot comment on food or the pool.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the interior garden seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Nashville, TN in Merida, Mexico... Everything about this hotel has been great! Location is ideal. Service is top notch. Restaurant on site. Great food. Parking on site. A no-brainier for a high-end hotel option in Merida, Mexico!

• Stayed December 2011
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I have stayed 1 night at this hotel in Nov 2011 with a group of people. Last time (5 years ago) I have stayed at the Hyatt Merida. And I also visited (but not stayed) at Fiesta Americana. These 3 hotels are the largest hotels in town and seem to be the most promising ones.
Among these 3, I definitely can say that Presidente is the best one because it has a very attractive colonial style. It is important if you are staying in a city like Merida. Other 2 hotels are like big city hotels. They are nice but lacking the character of the region.
Presidente has nice large rooms. Breakfast is ok.
Its location is close to main square but you have to walk some 25-20 min or take a taxi.
As a result I would recommend this hotel to the ones who are looking for large and comfortable hotels. More adventurous one could go for nice boutique hotels or haciendas located all over the city and surrounding...

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Mexicali, Mexico
Reviewed 4 December 2011

My husband and I went to Merida for the first time, and we were impressed with this beautiful city. I choose this hotel mainly for the reviews here on TA and the great rate that I got. From the moment we got there, I was impressed with the architectural style of the hotel, you can really feel the charm of Merida. Front desk staff is attentive, always willing to help, however not all of them had the sufficient knowledge of the city. Maybe this is one of the few flaws of this hotel.
Rooms are spacious, decoration is nice, it blends with the hotel style perfectly. Bathroom is large, with bathtub and two sinks and a very large vanity. Our room had a little balcony and was overlooking the pool area. Very nice view and quiet. We just had breakfast once at the hotel restaurant, service was great and the food was good. The gym is basic but functional.
Concierge booked us on a tour to Chichen Itza.THIS IS A MUST!!!
The hotel is very well located, half block from the famous "Paseo de Montejo"
We had a great time walking along this avenue, where the trees and the beautiful houses made us fell in love with this city. People is very friendly, always with a smile. We had also a very nice gastromic experience, we visited a sushi restaurant, italian, international and libanese and all of them were great.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Stayed for 5 nights in the Executive section. Lovely room, very well-appointed. We had a room on the Calle 60 side of the building, on which there is a lot of traffic, but the sliding doors were very soundproof, making the noise quite muted. Pool is small but incredibly peaceful and serene if there are no other people using it at the same time as you. Executive lounge staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful, and there were substantial breakfast choices in the morning and excellent hors d'oeuvres in the evening. Hotel decor is quite nice, marble floors throughout. Small business centre, but was perfectly adequate for our needs with no charge. Internet worked well throughout our stay. Staff are non-intrusive, they leave you alone unless you want something, then do their best to help. Parking was free. We had a very good off-season rate then upgraded for $30/day to Executive, which included access to lounge with food and drinks, internet. Internet would have been $12/day, so the upgrade was good value for 2 people as we used the lounge every day for breakfast and went each evening for drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Also a nice place to relax, I spent some hours reading in there while waiting to meet up with companion, another time able to watch ManU/ManCity on big screen TV while lounging on very comfortable sofas. I wish I knew the names of the staff (one woman, one man) that were working in the lounge Oct 22-27, as they were really very nice and deserve special commendation.

The town of Merida itself is fantastic if you move beyond the hotel district and the Paseo. Go to the plaza in front of the Cathedral, there is always lots of activity, interesting buildings, and a great art museum (MACAY) that has a small, but absolutely excellent, collection of modern art. Sunday at the plaza is incredibly alive with food vendors, musicians, artisans, interesting characters of all sorts. Surrounding streets are closed to cars, rent a bicycle and make a day of it. Vaqueria on Monday night in the plaza was also terrific.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Sabahanne
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I had the opportunity to spend three nights at this hotel. It is located on a busy intersection and I asked to relocate from my room along the street after the first night. The staff was accomodating and I was able to move to a quieter location later in the day. Being a Priority Club member, I was given access to the executive lounge where I had a nice breakfast and evening hors'devours. The lounge attendants were very nice and attentative. Other than the first night's noise, the only downside was the performance of th wireless internet. It became increasingly "sluggish" during the late afternoon and evening. The rooms are very spacious with high ceilings and an "old world" feel with granite floors throughout. I hope to return to the Presidente for my next visit to Merida.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher-level room either overlooking the center atrium or along a side not bordering the s...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank glenndora
Moguel, Manager at InterContinental Presidente Merida, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Dear Glenndora,

I would like to appreciate all the reviews that we are receiving, all of them give us a true idea of where we are and where to improve.

For us is very important improve the service and left in each one of you a really flavor of what Yucatan Means, we are trying hard with the Food and Beverage team to create different experiences and flavors, so you can keep it for a long time…

In all this changes we are including the new menu for our executive lounge, either breakfast and canapés during the afternoon, all this accompanied whit the new Mexican wine menu.

As I always said, do not hesitate to contact me anytime you come back to this lovely city.

Best Regards,

Christian Moguel
Gerente de Operaciones / Executive Assistant Manager
christian_moguel@interconti.com
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed 14 October 2011

This property is beautiful!!! It is in a great location with shopping and restaraunts nearby. The property is also near to some beautiful churches that you need to be sure to see if time allows. Also, the room service is delicious!!! The beds and pillows in the rooms are the most comfortable I have ever had in a hotel!! I had the best nights rest in months while there. Everything was pristine and super comfortable. The staff is very friendly and quick to help with anything you may need. If you do not speak Spanish, there are some staff members fluent in English while others know enough to understand most of what you are saying. I really enjoyed staying at the hotel and I hope to be able to vist there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family