Nahualli Casa de los Artistas
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
A feast for the eyes

My friend and I spent a delightful afternoon at the Nahualli gallery. It was like thanksgiving day... read more

Reviewed July 27, 2018
Eleanor P
A delightful afternoon well spent

Reviewed July 25, 2018

from US$75.65
from US$109.00
from US$72.25
More Info
All reviews her daughter lovely paintings opportunity to meet great art minute visit santa ana abel gallery artists drawing inspiration artwork students stories habla culture
Reviewed July 25, 2018

My friend and I visited Nahualli Casa de los Artistas after reading about t on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. Well located and easy to find, we were warmly welcomed by Abel Vanquez - who we discovered to be one of Mexico's premier artists. He spoke no English and we, no Spanish but that did not deter the warmth from reaching us as we enjoyed the beautiful paintings adorning the walls of this gallery. We were joined by his charming wife Melva and daughter both of whom spoke English. The paintings, we learnt painted by Abel, his wife Melva and daughter as well - all different styles but clearly talent runs in this families genes! The afternoon was well spent in their company as we chatted and enjoyed the art. Highly recommended for art lovers as this was certainly a highlight of our trip to Merida.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

We visited several galleries and fell in love with Nahualli. This is a family of artist, but the work is not all on the same subject matter. The gallery is an old orphanage from many centuries past, which gives it a very open display arena. We like the work in multiple media from oils and charcols, to wood and bronze. Very Dali in some mannerism, which is where i personlly tend to lean. Do not miss this gallery.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

I had the great fortune of going to Nahualli Casa de los Artistas for a school activity. (I did a Spanish immersion with Habla for a week.) We had the opportunity to meet Abel and learn about the gallery, and the pieces, in his words. Through our school activity, we went room to room with students selecting particular pieces in which to focus our attention. I was a great way to really absorb all of the art.
If I am ever back in Merida, I would pop in again.

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

We went as a group and had the chance to talk to the owner. It was very interesting. And you can see Mexican art with many layers! Definitely worth a visit

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This gallery visit was special! We were greeted by the owner/artist and it felt like we were being welcomed into his living room. He graciously answered our questions and shared stories about his life and culture that gave meaning to the art. Comfortable furniture invited us to spend time reflecting on the art and to relax while enjoying the beauty of the space.