“Excellent :)”

Rosa Sur 32
Ranked #31 of 975 Restaurants in Merida
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

So the place is large and there is many large restaurants
Rosa Sur 32 is very be of the small ones...
Target the leftmost corner and it's there, just behind the platform

I read the suggestions but no duck available tonight, so I took a tuna starter (sweet, salty and crunchy at the same time ^^ delicious ! ) And then the picanha
Possibly the most delicious meat I had during this roadtrip ! Like : this is good !!!

Pared it with Rosas & Xocolate wine, it needs to be opened a bit in advance but it comes VERY nicely with the meat

Cook came out, his name is Joiarib Romero Chan
Well, he's a nice chap and he's a very good cook, as in I was happy to meet the person that fed me...
So if you go to that very nice spot for dinner just avoid the large restaurants and give Rosa a try, I clearly was more than happy with my meal

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a nice dinner on the patio. Away from the busy plaza noise. We all enjoyed our dinner - my only issue is that they didn’t offer much if you don’t eat meat and dairy. The one dish they offered was fine but it would have been nice to have more options.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Rosa Sur 32˚ is an offshoot of the better known (and more expensive) Rosas & Xocolate restaurant in Merida. The food is as good as it should be from such a parentage, but you need patience because service is slow and inattentive.

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner there and really enjoyed the excellent and familiar service. Even the chef came out of the kitchen to explain the ingredients of the meal, which was delicious (no standard meals). Fantastic wine as well. We would definitely go there again.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

As per the title, we had been here a year ago and it was a wonderful experience but not so much this year. While the owner is very talkative and went out of his way (when he was available) to explain everything to us, he was training a new manager, Marcie who alas, did not come even close to knowing anything. We would ask her to describe the dishes and she had no idea. The owner would have to come over to explain. Glasses that we had finished with remained on our table, we had to ask for water a few times as she didn't come back to refill them and yet she remained inside where we were sitting which only had three tables and we were the only ones for quite awhile. The service was incredibly slow and yet a couple who sat down after us, an hour later, got their food in a reasonable amount of time. We had the eggplant curry appetizer which was okay but the eggplant was undercooked. I had the sticky rice with lamb and while it was tasty, it got to be a bit much after awhile. Too thick and cloying. My friend had the short ribs and she said they were good.

1  Thank BlazeVancouver