See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am ok with hole in the wall, backpacker type hotels. I've stayed in many. However dirty and moldy are a result of laziness not simplicity. There was trash outside, YELLOW stains on the sheets (NOT older yellow tinged...) and a big black hair on the pillow. When I asked for new covers I was told that they couldn't be changed until tomorrow when the cleaning lady returns. Aka. You and your children are going to be sleeping on whatever bodily fluid caused stain that is because I'm not doing anything about it. So...not a single extra set?...so when exactly do you wash the covers?? The guard was nice...so nice that he was chatting up a couple outside of the "hotel" and not paying attention to the entrance. Why is that important? Because the only protection for your room is a cheap sliding glass door...you know...the kind they no longer make because thieves break into them. Why might that be an issue? Because you're across from the tequila bar where we watched a man's head get slammed into the brick road. We came here for the atmosphere and you are CLOSE. Which means even if you want to stay out til three am every night you'll still having trouble sleeping with the music pumping out of the bars until almost six. The real issue for us was that when we realized that the place was a HUGE bug infested, unkept, rotting "paradise," they refused to let us cancel the reservations (we have small children and their grandparents.) The company we booked with said that the hotel would have to okay it (which probably means that they would be out the company's commission) but it was Christmas Eve and there were plenty of potential guests. I would have happily paid the difference, but no. Even though their pictures were VERY deceiving ( we're talking holes in the couches, dirt on the floors, nasty mold on the 80s fridge) they acted like I was lying about the call with the company AND refused to give me the actual owner's email or phone number (who also refused to cancel the reservation). I wanted to give her a chance to defend herself prior to posting pics but clearly that's not going to happen. And in case you're wondering you will NOT be a Able to forget about all these nasty facts in the pool. The little pool was dirty and I never saw a single guest brave enough to go in. The other fountains were broken in pieces and dry. When it rains the patio becomes a slick, dirt filled pool. There are many cleaner small, inexpensive hotels in the area; Go there instead.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Julie T
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was here in January 2013. Our room was just behind the street with all the bars. When you take a shower, the hot water lasts 2 minutes only. The AC is very noisy. The place is well located, but for the price you can find much better places. This is a tourist trap.

Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Gladysfp
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I been at the hotel for 2 weeks, with my husband, and our littles kids, we love the little cute hotel, we had a nice kitchen with every thing that we need, and the personal it was really really kind and helpful. We do appreciate all the good tips they give us to have a perfect vacation! This is our way to say thanks very much for all your effort !
Regards from the Michelle family.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel was in a convenient location which was great! Upon entry it looked as nice as the other hotels in close proximity. We stayed in room 7 which was not that great as a total package. The first night the towels and linens were fine, we had two full beds. The second night one of the towels had a big hole. Other observations were that the mosquito nets had holes in them which was not a big issue at the time due to not many mosquitoes (I'm not sure if this was due to the time of year or that I got lucky). The kitchen was a nice touch and although we did not use it, the appearance made us thankful that we did not have to.

I've read some reviews on the noise and honestly the noise from the bars in the area was not that unbearable and I was able to sleep through it. However, other guest were very noisy after 12 pm and were yelled at by another guest instead of management. I'm not sure if that noise level by guest is acceptable by management but it was very annoying.

I would not recommend this place this place for couples, it may be more suitable for groups of friends looking for a cheap stay in a good location and who are not too concerned with cleanliness.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Hotel is nice, and is according to the price.
Very clean and attention is excellent.
The loacation couldn't be better, it is just in the quinta avenida, where all the restaurants, bars and discos are located.
The beach is very close, just one block away.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family