My husband and I traveled to the Banyan Tree in November for a romantic getaway. We stayed 5 nights and had an amazing time. Our Garden Pool villa was wonderful, very spacious and clean. The nightly turndown service and housekeeping were fantastic providing lots of bottled water, fruit, towels and a little gift each evening. The villa's pool was a nice size, bigger than your average plunge pool. There was also nice outdoor space surrounding the villa with a 2-person hammock, lounge chairs and eating area.
We tried all of the restaurants at the resort. The Oriente breakfast buffet was definitely the standout. There was an amazing selection of fresh fruit and juices along with a variety of hot dishes and pastries. We lingered over breakfast for so long that we often didn't need lunch! Our favorite lunch and dinner option was Sands, the beachside restaurant. The service was great as were the salads and ceviche. Saffron was good, fairly standard Thai fare with interesting rice options. Tamarind was disappointing; food was overpriced and average at best.
The grounds of this resort are stunning, and golf carts are readily available to transport you from the main resort down to the beach. There is also a boat that takes you through the Mayakoba, and the guide provides information on the wildlife. You can also rent bikes and explore the Mayakoba on your own. The main pool, just outside Oriente, is very peaceful, perfect for lounging and reading. The infinity pool at the beach is more lively and offers stunning views of the Caribbean Sea.
The spa is wonderful. I had the traditional Thai massage and have never felt so relaxed!! We also used the gym daily, small but functional. There were 2 treadmills and 2 ellipticals along with limited weight training equipment.
Overall, this is a perfect spot for an escape from reality!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico