“Amazing day, treated like a local :)”
Review of Edventure Tours

Edventure Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the "Original" cenote, lagoon, turtle tour in the Riviera Maya- having been in the area and doing tours for 30 years! We are a family owned and operated business. We offer you the best of the area- for the best prices!From the pristine turquoise waters of the Caribbean- to the Ancient Mayan Ruins, with so much more in between! Experience the cenotes- the amazing underground rivers; snorkel a natural aquarium full of brilliant colored tropical fish; swim/snorkel with the majestic sea turtles- watch as they glide effortlessly in their own natural environment. For even more "edventure", visit our new Zipline park! Take a fun ATV or Unimog jeep ride- deep into the jungle! A menagerie of ziplines with connecting hanging bridges. Rappel, rock climb, cliff jump… Tour with us~ to experience this amazing area at it's best! We take families of all ages- Tots to Seniors~ and offer private tours for couples or groups of all sizes.Let us customize a day for you! We are honored to share with you, this wonderful bit of Paradise!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 23, 2018

We had friends in the area on vacation the week before and when we asked if there were any things we must do, they immediately recommended Edventure Tours. We were told to specifically request Javier and we are so glad we did. From his attentiveness and knowledge on every aspect of the day to the fun he brought to the tour, it was amazing! The cenotes, trails and lagoon were so awesome and a beautiful experience. Definitely highly recommend doing this, if not you're missing out!

1  Thank _kabarnett86
Write a ReviewReviews (1,286)
All reviews
in 61 reviews
"great pictures"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed January 15, 2018

Had a blast checking out the cenotes, trails, and lagoon with Javier. Was very cool to have a local explain the history of the area and teach us about jungle. Javie even invited us to meet his family and made us homemade micheladas!

Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I had the best time on the Snorkel Tour + Turtles. I loved the two cenotes, the ATV, the tacos, the turtles and the lagoon (omg amazing). This is a must do tour, so thankful for the day. I had so much fun I kept forgetting to take photos lol.

1  Thank traveller610
Reviewed January 5, 2018

The tour was very well organized and we saw wonderful places. Our guides Moise and Omar made the tour an unforgettable experience.

1  Thank Michaela N
See more reviews
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

We did the Tulum, Zipline, and snorkeling in a cave tour. It was amazing. I’ve never done either and might have had a different opinion if I had. The cave snorkeling for instance was brief. But oh my goodness was it outstanding. Absolutely beautiful on private property and no 50 people competing with you. We were the only ones there. I suppose if I had done it before, it would have been too short, but as a first timer, it was great. It was a cave appropriately lit. They also gave you flashlights to peer into the tunnels. We did two caves and swam about 15-20 minutes in each. Our guide was Moises and he was the nicest guy. I will say our youngest was 8 and was scared of the caves.

The zip lining was a blast. 9 ziplines through the jungle. The guides made it a lot of fun and challenged you out of your comfort zone. At the end you could rock climb and repel down a 2 story man made wall. The kids loved that.

The tour of Tulum was my least favorite. We went right after the New Year and they had 2017 tickets that weren’t valid anymore. The guide had to wait in line for 2018 tickets which delayed our intended “early start before the crowds” by about 20-30 minutes. As a consequence, we skipped some of the ruin buildings to stay on schedule. He wasn’t as knowledgeable as I thought he’d be and got off topic talking about Mexico in general rather than the ruins. Admittedly I was a bit impatient through this and was concerned about the quality of rest of the trip.

But truly, after that, he did not disappoint. He was absolutely delightful. I would highly recommend this if you have never snorkeled in a cave. Having never zip lined before, I can’t say whether this was better or worse. But zip lining over the jungle was fantastic and Moises was there at every turn to take photos. We loved him. Following our day, we ate home cooked tacos at the zip lining site that was our best meal so far in Mexico. Ha!

The coolers were well stocked with water and beer. We asked for a few extra beers and they obliged. I would say bring a snack. They pick you up at 7 and feed you about 2:30. There is no time to stop for food in between. We asked.

I would highly recommend this tour, particularly for first timers looking for a bit of adventure off the beaten path and avoiding crowds.