“nice hotel but extremely noisy”

In Fashion Hotel Boutique
Ranked #140 of 214 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Montreal, Canada
“nice hotel but extremely noisy”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

In fashion hotel in playa del carmen is a very nice boutique hotel but if you are not planning on partying, I suggest not to stay there. the staff was very nice to switch us rooms but still too noisy. So we checked out and checked in somewhere else.
too bad for the hotel but nearby clubs music til 6 AM was horrible.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank francis p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I had a great time when visiting Playa and staying at In Fashion. My friends and I had no problems upon checking in and the rooms were very clean and very chic. Staff helpful. You get your value here. The hotel is located right in the heart of everything, right off of the famouse La quinta (5th Ave.) Where there are many restaurants and plenty of night clubs. Its the best place to stay in f you plan on having a good time and party at night! the best clubs are right on 12th. Plenty of restaurants and shopping along 5th ave. The beach is a short skip and jump from the hotel as well! The front desk people don't seem to know too much about the happenings in playa but they tried.... We would ask their opinionis on food and entertainment and alot of times the weren't too sure, but thats what Trip Advisor is here for!

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor, had no problem with loudness or sleeping, very quiet
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank A_Wanderluster
honolulu
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My staying in the fashion boutique hotel was not bad,
Just for to know, all the hotels/hostels/boutiques on the 5 ave. In playa del carmen are really old and I mean those one that the average night in 100$ and down.
If you looking for hotel in 130$, that look chic with European style you find the right place: "Infashion boutique hotel".

About the rooms:
I'm speechless about the rooms.
Although we took the petit suite it's not was so petit lol. .
I just love it! All the designer furniture was incredible, the suit is big and comftable everything styling in white and with a liitle bitt of touchups of red. In one word-authentic!@&!

I just want to mention that hotel is in front the "coco bongo" and the palazzo the famous clubs of playa
So if you looking for quiet in the night- forget it! It's gonna be noisy.
But if gonna be drunk you're gonna be just fine.

There is a wifi in the rooms-really strong.

The hotel is located in the perfect location of playa.
All the best restaurants and clubs are under your nose.

Everything in the hotel are new and impressive.
So it's worth the money that you pay.
I hope youl enjoy from your vacation.
Adios:)

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Shiransoraya
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 8 February 2012

A very good hotel, in the city central. We recommending on the spa suit.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank meeir8
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I reserved the master suite, when I arrived I have told that my master suite wasn't ready yet, I had to wait until 3:00 pm. At the end they gave me a junior suite because they didn't have the Master suite available, after my discussion with the front desk she just told me that they cannot do anything because they don't have that suite available, they offer me a massage but I chose this hotel because the master suite have a jacuzzi.
I couldn't sleep, it was so noisy, people outsite and inside the hotel were screaming all night long.
Worst hotel ever.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, but the problem is that the swimming pool is next to the rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gabriel C

Travellers are raving about these Playa del Carmen hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2012

In Fashion has a great website- it looks sleek and high end. The staff were pleasant enough, however the hotel itself was quite tatty in parts- not what you would expect. The room smelt damp. The worse thing about the hotel is that at night it is SO loud. Upon checking in I asked if were in a quiet room- the front desk said that it shouldnt be a problem as it was not a peak time. the music the base the shouting went on till at least 7am- we had ear plugs in- we ended up checking out a day early and paying for the room for that night. If you dont plan on sleeping on your holiday then this is the holiday for you.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Parami
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2012

One of the worst hotel experiences I've encountered.
I was staying here to celebrate NYE 2012.
We arrived, they didn't have my reservation. I of course had a copy which I had to email the lady on reception.
I was given the last room. Lucky me...or so I thought.
I had to go back to reception three times as the key didn't work (turned out I didn't need it anyway as all we had to do is push the door hard and it opened)
For several hundred U.S Dollars you would perhaps expect a toilet seat? If the room has a plasma screen it would make sense to have a remote (don't bother calling reception for it thou as it will never arrive)
I thought I might go to the gym to work of some steam, I asked for a Map of the area so I could get to gym. It was my first time in Playa Del Carmen and indeed Mexico. No maps. I was pointed in a direction and told it was about three blocks in that way. Some effort or more assistance would have been nice after a long flight.

What they also failed to mention is that the club downstairs has music playing until the early hours, even with ear plugs the rumble of the bass can be felt through floors and deep into any nightmare.
Thankfully me and my friends moved into an apartment first thing in the morn. Of course there were problems checking out, they apparently charged me $30 less then they should have. There was no way I was going to hand over any cash to the reception staff after the horrific hotel experience.
They told me they would just charge the card used for a reservation.
All I could think about was getting out of there.
In Fashion hotel? Outta your mind.

P.S I never did find the gym

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends