Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$276
US$232
Bookit.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$416
US$374
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$379
US$318
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$455
US$329
  • Beachfront
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
US$581
US$243
Melia.com
US$271
US$101
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$107
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$403
US$347
HotelsClick
US$213
BestDay.com
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$986
US$817
Bookit.com
All reviewshot tubimprevist restaurantfull kitchenrooftop deckthe penthouseliving roomboth bedroomssecond bedroomlocation was perfectwater coolerfishing boatsbreakfast includedquinta avenidarestaurants and shoppingthe ground floorno elevatorwe loved our stay
Reviewed July 13, 2012

When my girlfriend asked me to go to Playa del Carmen to celebrate her birthday, like everyone else, I was afraid to travel to Mexico. But, when I checked out the Maya Villa Condo Hotel and Beach Club on line, I was astounded at the 5 star luxury.
Upon arrival, our expectations were more than met. The hotel is unbelievable. We had a 3 bedroom condo with a top floor deck and jacuzzi. The beach club was within walking distance and had a unbelievable buffet breakfast every morning as part of our package.

The hotel owners and managers had a welcoming party during our stay. We spent an entire evening giving them our ideas and enjoying their genuine concern on how to improve their property.

But, most of all, for all of those who are still afraid of traveling to Mexico, Playa Del Carmen is like Disneyland, with wild parties. We did not encounter any problems with homeless beggers or drug dealers. At night, the military brought trucks of soldiers into town, just to assure the tourists that they were safe. Truly, I have encountered far more questionable characters on my trips to Hawaii!!!

Without question, I highly recommend Maya Villa Condo Hotel and Playa del Carmen for your next vacation but remember the best time is January-March. See you there!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Linda M
Condohotels, Managing Partner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Linda M,

Thank you for a great review and for your willingness to share your Playa del Carmen experience.

As it is to you, to us it is also saddening to hear concerns about safety in Mexico, as we are located in one of the safest places one could imagine, and in a total Mexican Caribbean paradise. We have never heard about nor had any safety issues, and Playa del Carmen is a charming international beach town, perfect for walking, biking, playing on the beach, and enjoying multiple outdoor restaurants and bars.

It is also great to hear that you enjoyed our property, Maya Villa, and all it has to offer - thanks for your advice!

See you soon in our beautiful paradise!

Cordialy,

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed at the beautiful condos as a family. They were truly nicely done, both inside and in the surrounding patios/courtyards. It is a quick walk to the beach, and the beach club was very comfortable, on a beautiful stretch of the beach. Our stay included full breakfast, which was a generous plate of choice plus a buffet of fresh fruits, pastries, yogurt, juices, etc. Great coffee too and very friendly people working in all areas, with lots of helpful travel advice. You don't need a car if you are planning to just stay in Playa. We also had a full kitchen but between our generous breakfasts and exploring the restaurants, we didn't use it as much. One complaint from one of our family members was that the beds were too firm, but the rest of us slept well. All in all, a great value, excellent location, service, food, and time!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelover365

Dear travelover365,

Thank you for such a beautiful review.

I am glad you and your family were able to enjoy Maya Villa and all it has to offer. We are proud the be one of the top family hotels in the area, and our whole concept, that of a condo hotel, started with families in mind. We are all about space, multi bedrooms, private terraces, large living rooms and luxury amenities to compliment it all.

Next time, please try one of our penthouse units, also perfect for families, that give you private access to our rooftops with BBQ grills, Jacuzzis and dining tables.

Don't forget to stop by our brand new gourmet restaurant, Imprevist, located at Maya Villa!

We are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We just came back from Playa del Carmen. What a Place! We had made reservation at Maya Villa, in room 406, and we just love that resort (I guess it's really NOT a resort, it's a "Condo Hotel"). But for us, it was heaven.

We were there with my son and his girlfriend, so we took wanted a place with two bedrooms (their room had TWO beds!). And we got lucky when we were able to get #406 because it was a 3rd floor penthouse that had a private roof with a jacuzzi, dining area and a place to get a suntan in private. This was our first time in Playa, and I think the Maya Villa is connected to a couple other nearby properties: El Taj is the one I remember because we could use their beach and restaurant (just a few steps away from our place). There is also a gym (that we didn't use - who wants to go to Mexico to work out????). But I did sneak in a massage!

But our room was spaducious (I don't know if that's a word, but if you just say it, it sounds right). All marble and teak and stainless steel, with a full kitchen (which we did use). They offered to send up a private chef to cook dinner for us, but we just ran out of time - we were only there for six days - IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LONGER!!!!!! And from our private roof, the ocean. The Beautiful Blue Ocean.

The beach is great fun - we rented a boat and went out to swim with the Sea Turtles!!! And the kids went Sky Diving. Not me. Not my wife. I am NOT jumping out of an airplane. But my son carried a video camera and captured the whole thing. And the front desk arranged a day at Xcaret - that is an amazing way to spend a day.

We shopped on 5th Avenue, just a couple blocks inland from our place. Everything you ever wanted to shop for, with a combination of Mexican and Caribbean flavor. And we just loved wandering around after dark - friendly crowds and friendly people everywhere we looked. And the restaurants! I probably should write a separate review, but make sure to grab the list of recommended restaurants from the check-in desk (some offer a discount to people who stay at Maya Villa and the other properties).

But speaking of restaurants, we were lucky to be there just after a restaurant opened at our hotel - Imprevist. Sophisticated enough for us, but casual enough for the kids. They do something with Seabass that my wife loved, and I went for the Beef Filet with blue cheese that just melted in my mouth. Asparagus soup appetizer, and a chocolate desert with raspberry sorbet! Everything was good, and I was ready to lick my plate!

And here's something fun - if you are going to go, use my VIP CODE for friends and family and save yourself 10% of Maya Villa or any of the other connected properties: El Taj, Porto Playa and Villas Sacbe. The code is 2102 and it should be good until the end of 2012. We loved Maya Villa and the whole experience, and we can't wait to go back! It's an amazing place with wonderful and friendly people.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Don J
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had a great time. Maya Villa was excellent . This was our first visit but I hope to return in future, The condo was top class, spacious, with all the facilities of a 5 star Hotel and more. Having WIFI, maid service, concierge and other facilities on site was excellent .Room service was very good indeed. The Condo is conveniently located to all amenities. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank GPFEngland
Condohotels, Managing Partner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear GPFEngland,

Thank you for your kind review. We put a lot of attention to every detail at our properties, and it is our biggest satisfaction to hear appreciation from our guests. I hope you have tried all of our amenities, including Indigo Beach Club, our brand new gourmet restaurant (Imprevist), and our renovated modern gym.

Our tropical paradise is waiting for your return.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Our week stay in #407 was a delight! The staff was warm and friendly and always with a smile. On-line I wondered about the pool (its shape and small size) but found the actual snake-like pool and waterfall like a return to Chichen Itza of old! The excellent jacuzzi was sparkling clean with excellent jet-action for a soothing retreat after a day on the beach. The rooms were well-appointed, clean, and opened out onto the pool and "jungle area" surrounding it with beautiful plants and native flowers. Slept well every night and awakened refreshed ready to swim with the tortugas in the staff-recommended nearby Akumal. It was a delightful honeymoon with good friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Schuylar,

Thank you for your kind words! Maya Villa with its heated gecko river pool, waterfalls, Jacuzzi and tropical plants has been our vision of a tropical oasis when we first started opening our codo-style hotels in Playa del Carmen. Our goal was to create spacious, aesthetically pleasing, comfortable and luxurious property that blends into the Caribbean Mexican charming environment and utilizes tropicall- inspired architecture, with the ultimate comfort in mind...

I am really glad you enjoyed your stayed at Maya Villa, and took advantage of all its amenities.

We are looking forward to your return.