Our family of seven vactioned at the Riu Yucatan 3-19-thru 3-26 2102.
We had 5 adults and 7 kids ages 9 to 18, This resort was a perfect spot for spring break. White sandy beaches, aqua water, clean comfortable rooms, great food,the entertainers were delighful, pools were great and the shows were okay. Most of the time we were too tired after a full day of sun and activities to stay up for the show as it is late. (9:45) The sign up restuarants were great. We ate at all three of them and enjoyed them. Service was great. Those people work very hard. The kids loved playing the games with entertainment. They seemed to have alot of things for them to do. We did think the shooting could be improved safety wise. The kids missed the relay races they had in Punta Cana Palace. We spent a day in Xel-ha and that is very worth the 100.00 per head. It is also a all- inclusive and everything flows like clock work. Something for everone to do. The kids loved swimming with the dolphins (extra price) We could not get it all in and we went from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. The parasailing (barter for price) on the beach was fun. WE shopped one afternoon at fifth Ave. but found when we got to the airport items were less than 5th Ave. and we thought we had bartered strong. The kids said the airport was like a shopping center. WE were delayed two hours so they shopped. I would again go to this area and it was my 16 Riu and I have been treated well at all of them except the one in Costa Rica. That manager was rude. I have had excellant experience with all the Riu"s I have visited and would recommend them. Just hope they got a new manager in Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km/ 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * In Playacar's resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 2-storey buildings * Mexican "Hacienda" style architecture * Surrounded by 40,000 m2/44,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Next to the Mexican Street * 800 m/2,650 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Yucatan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Yucatan Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Mexico
- Rui Yucatan
- Hotel Riu Yucatan Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico