WOW what a holiday! just got back this morning after a 2 week stay here......the fun never stops from start to finish, there's always something going on morning to night, the entertainment team work very hard to make sure everyone has a good time, the bar staff too and they always have a smile on their faces.
The food is very good too plenty of choice, our personal favourite was the Asian restaurant, less the Mexican we thought the food was a bit bland in there.
The wildlife is amazing always something running around or swinging in the trees to look at, my fave was the little guinea pig type animal with the what looks like high heels on, so cute.
The downside is the amount of mosquito's, with the hotel being in the jungle there in abundance & no amount of repellant deter's them, we also had a plug in which did nothing so most people get bitten.
The beach is to die for, very clean and the sea is beautiful & clean-there is seaweed on a morning but this is quickly cleaned up.
The experience upon arrival at Cancun airport was manic, with the majority of people pushing in to get out quickly, there is no proper queuing system so its more or less a free for all, it took about an hour & a half for us to get out, not something to look foreward to after an 11 hour flight!! the experience getting out was a lot more pleasant & efficient compared to 8 years ago when we were there......they don't search every single case now like they did then!
SO all in all a great time was had by all and I would definately reccomend this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km/ 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * In Playacar's resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 2-storey buildings * Mexican "Hacienda" style architecture * Surrounded by 40,000 m2/44,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Next to the Mexican Street * 800 m/2,650 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Yucatan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Yucatan Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Mexico
- Rui Yucatan
- Hotel Riu Yucatan Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico