Just returned from The Riu Yuccatan, where do I start? Well we travelled as a party of 6 people, ages ranging from 21 to 48. Arrived after a rather longer than planned flight, to a delightful reception area and a very speedy check-in, checked in and bags received in room within 30 minutes. I must agree with previous reviews that the rooms are not 5 star, but very clean, bed linen changed every day, excellent shower, so what else could you ask for when you get 5 star service. There's a minibar (free) in your room too, plus optics containg vodka, whiskey, tequilla and rum great to have a vodka and coke before dinner on your balcony.
Nothing is too much for these guys, service with a smile and I mean everyone from the bar staff, waiters, reception, cleaners, maintenance and gardeners they all acknowledge you with a smile and an Ola!!
The entertainment staff are awesome and work very hard, the evening entertainement was very good, some evenings better than others and 2 really stood out and were excellent - The Grease Show and The Micheal Jackson Show were 1st class.
The food - well it's all inclusive, but one of the best for food that I have been to with a large variety of food available, also 3 other restaurants from the Buffett, the Steakhouse was excellent. Plus you can go as often as you want, not limited at all, just that you have to book from 7am and they fill up pretty fast.
Pool area - great. Beach - fantastic, one of the best I've ever seen. Beds do fill up rather quickely around the pool and early too!!!!! But the beach there were loads of free beds. Oh and the odd monkey may appear in the trees it really adds to this place
Finally this was a fantastic holiday, relaxed and fun, no stuffy regulations about what to wear and what not to wear, except men must wear a t-shirt in the restaurants, shorts etc accepted. Oh and if you are of a dearing nature, try the 'Mexican Flag' tequilla shot, it'll hit the spot!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km/ 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * In Playacar's resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 2-storey buildings * Mexican "Hacienda" style architecture * Surrounded by 40,000 m2/44,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Next to the Mexican Street * 800 m/2,650 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Yucatan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Yucatan Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Mexico
- Rui Yucatan
- Hotel Riu Yucatan Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico