I was amazed at the incredible staff at the Riu Yucatan! From the minute we arrived they made sure to fufill all of our requests. We were even able to ask for a specific lower floor, beach/pool room.
They staff was friendly and understanding--the entire hotel is clean and welcoming.
The rooms are fine, the mini-bar full, the beds comfy---my only observation was that the clean towels did have a nasty scent to them--perhaps they need some dryer sheets! That was insignificant to me, although I overheard one woman rant at the poor young man at the desk about the smelly towels---get a life!!!!
The bars are plentiful, the drinks constant, the bartenders very pleasant. PLEASE NOTE-- although the resort is an all inclusive there is nothing wrong with tipping the great service---My cousin and I( fifty-something latinas who are not rich, believe me!!!) made sure to carry dollar bills to tip the bartenders. They work for very low wages.
The beach is lovely--lots of topless women due to the huge number of europeans vacationing there. The surf was fab! The weather fine---no rain. Went into town and strolled, but go to WALMART for the real deals---same souvenirs you can get in the touristy shops for 1/3 the cost. Also very nice beachwear!
The taxi will cost $5. I found the taxi drivers to be very helpful as well. One after-party drive to a great taco stand proved that!
I will be back NEXT year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km/ 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * In Playacar's resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 2-storey buildings * Mexican "Hacienda" style architecture * Surrounded by 40,000 m2/44,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Next to the Mexican Street * 800 m/2,650 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Yucatan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Yucatan Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Yucatan Mexico
- Rui Yucatan
- Hotel Riu Yucatan Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico