The Playacar Palace was a wonderful resort that really impressed us. We had booked at Cozumel Palace but found that this resort fit us better. We spent three wonderful days here and found nothing that disappointed.
Service is awesome here. If you have stayed at Palace Resorts before, you know this is almost a given. While overall service at Cozumel is better, there are three real standouts.
Pedro was our waiter in the Italian restaurant. He was bright and had a very droll sense of humor. He also was extremely attentive and very good at his job. Towards the end of our meal, he did have to step away. And that is when we met Playacar Palace's secret weapon.
Angel is the manager of the Italian restaurant. He quickly stepped in for Pedro and made perfect Bannas Foster. However, the show was what was worth it. Angel has a style all his own and I laughed out loud several times. This is what makes Palace Resorts so special; you will find someone with such a personality that it just makes your night.
Perla is the best employee we have ever met at the 5 Palaces we've visited. First, we found the perfect spot at the pool. (there is a little island right in front of the main stairway-excellent spot) then we found Perla. She asked me my name on the first day and remembered it the rest of the week. She practiced Spanish with my 16 year old and checked on us frequently. You will not find a harder working person.
The resort is beautiful. The beach is what a beach should be and is the best of any Palace Resort we've visited. The pool is great and the restaurants were very crisp and clean. Now the food is a bit hit and miss, especially the buffet at lunch. Still, the quality was great the rest of the time. If you decide to visit, make sure you ask Angel to make you Bannas Foster. It may be worth the trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico