We spent another great week at the Playacar Palace over Spring Break, March 2012. It is nice to see that the tourism is picking up again as the resort was much busier than last year as were the shops along 5th Avenue. Safety has never been an issue. The menu was more extensive at the Japanese restaurant this year and the sushi bar was a nice addition! The beach as always was perfect. Perla, one of the waitress's remembered us from last year and while we walked down to the water to cool off, she had someone bring us over an umbrella and a table. She made our day! There were many familiar faces, it was nice that the staff doesn't have a high turnover rate. I wish I could remember all the names of everyone who were so accommodating. The activities, housekeeping and dining staff work so very hard. We had two additional mom's who joined us and three additional seniors girls, along with our family of four. The girls enjoyed jet skiing, Xel-Ha and the dolphins. We also met a super family from California. We enjoyed the food, relaxing by the pool and the walks on the beach. The casino night was fun. I couldn't have won Texas Hold 'em without Gabriel's help! The girls enjoyed the Room Service several times.The SPA was fantastic, hard to beat!! We'll be back next year I'm sure. We'll get over to Cozumal if the waves aren't too high and definitely go to the monkey sanctuary that we heard was fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico